Make a Move Mino, Make a move.

Not for Long

“No, we’re good friends.” Mino immediately answered, “And you’re working all by yourself of Saturday, I’m going somewhere.”

 

Hanbin was left dumbfounded. Mino couldn’t wait for the weekend and just like that days passed by. Mino accidentally slept in. He was supposed to meet with her at 9:30 but it was already 8:45. He rushed to the washroom to wash himself and styled himself the best way possible with such limited time. Good thing he already put the bike carrier on this car. He got on his car and realised he forgot his camera. He rushed back inside and threw his journal, pen and camera on his bag. He rushed to pick Chaeyoung up. She was ready when he got there. Beside her was a huge bag and her bike.

 

Mino apologised for being late. He loaded her things in the car. They left and drove. It took them almost an hour to get by the beach trail. They parked and started biking. When they reached the end. Both got off their bikes and admired the view. It was a peaceful Saturday morning. Mino took his camera out of his bag but his journal fell out of his bag. Chaeyoung ran to his side to pick it up. Like a usual k-drama cliché, their hands touched and everything stopped. They looked at each other and their eyes meet. Chaeyoung smiled and Mino, once again apologised.

 

Chaeyoung , “I’m about to call you Mr. Sorry.”

 

            “It’s a habit.” Mino answered.

           

            As they picked up his journal, Chaeyoung noticed that a picture fell out of his notebook. She walked over to pick it up and gave it to him. She wanted to look at it but it was part of his journal and she didn’t want to invade his privacy but when she handed the picture over, he flipped to check what it was. He held it faced up thinking he messed up.

 

            “Oh?” Chaeyoung was in a great shock.

 

            “Ah, this. It just happened that there was a girl while I took this picture.” Mino explained.

 

            Lies. Chaeyoung thought. I know he’s lying. Jennie and Hanbin already told me about those pictures in his journal. Chaeyoung moved a step closer to Mino, “Can I see the picture?”

 

            Mino couldn’t refuse so he handed it over and let her look at it. She smiled at the picture and he was dumbfounded. “it’s a nice picture.” She said.

 

            I wonder what he writes about these pictures. Chaeyoung thought. They biked back after resting. Mino took lots of pictures. Pictures of Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung prepared food. The two bonded over a picnic prepared by Chaeyoung. They got closer after their time together. On the drive back, Mino suggested that they call each other comfortably and drop the honourifics, “It’s funny we both moved here and became friends.”

            Chaeyoung nodded.

 

            “You can call me oppa, or Mino since you’re from Australia there’s probably no oppa there.”

 

            “There’s no oppa there cause he’s here.”  Chaeyoung’s hand curled up. It was very cheesy.

 

            “Chaeyoung ah!”

 

            “Oppa!”

 

            It was already dark when the two got back since they watched the sun setting down together. She thanked him for taking her out and suggested they do something he likes next time. Mino did not hesitate, “Can I have your number?”

 

            Chaeyoung nodded. Mino handed his phone over. She wrote her name and number then closed his phone. “Take care oppa! Let me know when you get home.”

 

He left happily.  He walked in to their house and put his bag down. Jun followed him to his room because Mino did not notice him. He sat on his bed and took his journal out. He started writing about his time spent with Chaeyoung. As he wrote the time of his entry, he remembered that he was supposed to let her know that he’s home. Jun sat behind him on his bed. Mino groaned. Jun was clueless watching behind him. Mino was trying to find her name.

 

            He scrolled to P for Park Chaeyoung, none. He scrolled to C for Chaeyoung. He scrolled back and forth. Mino took a deep breath and scrolled from the top to bottom slowly and carefully. He stopped and talked to himself. “What? Hahaha. No way.”

 

            Jun ran out and pulled his mom to Mino’s room. Jennie watched Mino lose his mind. She got curious at what he’s looking at. She sat beside him and peaked. Mino hugged Jennie and smiled foolishly. He showed his phone. The name on the contact was named, “The girl at the bus stop.”

 

            Mino found out that it was Chaeyoung on the bus stop. From that moment, he knew she was the one for him. He added her picture on his journal and wrote, “The end. The girl I’ve been looking for.”

 

            It was a picture of Chaeyoung looking at the camera smiling. He was dumbfounded but more than anything else, happy. He opened his phone and composed a message, “Hi! It’s Mino,” then erases all of it. He started writing again, “Hope you are having a good night,” and erases it again.

 

            Mino had a sleepless night full of thoughts on what could possibly happen now that he knows Chaeyoung is the one he’s been looking for. He took his paper and pencil and sat by his window. He stopped to make coffee and went back to his room. He opened his window and felt the breeze. His room was on the second floor of their house with a huge balcony leading out. From there he stared at the night sky and doodled on his paper. He started sketching till he finished his coffee. He went back and sat down on his desk till he fell asleep. On the other hand, Chaeyoung fell asleep listening to her current favourite “Can’t Help Falling in Love” on repeat.