New Place, New Phase

Not for Long

Mino and Kang CEO agreed to hold off his contract and not terminate it with conditions.

 

After two months of counselling, Mino decided to start a new life at a province far from Seoul. In September, the same year he brought a humble home that fits his family. With full support, his sister and her own family moved as well. There, they started a new life. Mino works as delivery guy while his family manages a restaurant.

 

Mino enjoyed photography and he bikes around every morning before heading to work. He brings his hand-held camera everywhere he delivers. Every morning he’d bike 3 blocks away from their restaurant and take a picture of the sea and sunrise. Mino opened his camera and pointed it towards the tree with almost no leaves.

 

Every morning he’d go back to the same spot and take a shot. He included many people passing in the morning in his snapshots. With the pictures he took, he wrote things he’d like to experience or wants to do. He writes his wishes and personal thoughts on the back of the photos.

 

I hope to experience a warm feeling this fall. It has been way too long. I want to feel that exciting and happy feeling of having someone in my life. Mino wrote.

 

After dinner Mino brought all the pictures out to organize them as they started to stack up. As he was organizing them he notices that there is always this one girl who was in the picture. Mino started to become aware and curious of the woman. He looked through the pictures all night and found a girl who has a long dark brown hair who passes by the street every morning looking down at ground or at the sunrise. I hope to meet her and approach her. She's beautiful.

 

He came back the next day to the same spot. He sat at the bench and waited for her to pass by. He continued to wait for almost an hour and a half and left disappointed. She did not show up. He biked back to his house to help out. 

 

Later that day, Min Jun’s parents was not able to pick him up so they asked Mino to get him. Mino’s nephew moved to a school nearby and he had to drop Min Jun off in the mornings. He had no trouble adjusting to his new school. He was as easy going as his uncle. Mino made his way to the school. He walked while scrolling through the pictures on his phone. He bumped into one of the staff of the school. He apologized and did not pay attention to her. He then made his way to get his nephew.

 

The woman seemed to recognise Mino. She looked at his back and realised that it was the same guy she sees every morning taking a picture of the sunrise. She then slowly made her way to the bus stop.

 

On the other hand while Mino was walking with his nephew on their way back he showed his nephew how to take pictures. He took his phone out and as soon as he opened the camera Mino froze. It’s her. I am sure it’s her. I’m starting to feel nervous.

“Uncle, what’s wrong?” Min Jun asked.

 

Mino was not able to answer. He stared as if what he sees is not real. It was the girl. It was Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung works at Min Jun’s school as a pre-school teacher. As Mino started to approach Chaeyoung, she hops on the bus and he misses an opportunity.

 

Later that day Mino wrote on his picture journal. Today I met her. Today I knew who she was and where she works. This may sound creepy but there’s something about her that makes me nervous.