Eight

Friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

On the next day, Wonwoo briefly saw Hayoung in the morning before the classes started. She was walking with her friends, chatting happily even laughing. Before she could caught his presence, Wonwoo quickly took a different route to his class to avoid her.

He needs to avoid her for more because he wanted to forget his unrequited love so soon. Luckily, this month, they don’t share a same class so it’s easier for him to do his mission.

Wonwoo continued to avoiding his first love for the rest of the week and on the following week too. He almost bumped to her for couples of time, but he immediately turned around even before Hayoung could realize it.

***

 

“Oppa...”

“Yes, Hayoungie?”

Hayoung’s smile grew wider when she heard the nasal voice closely in her ears. Her eyes sparkled when she captured his adorable face in her eyes. Oh Sehun kept his promise to come to her dorm on 11 AM on that day. Apink got a day break so all of the members–except her, used the rare chance to go outside.

“Did you ever met Wonwoo at school recently?” she bluntly asked while grabbed the remote control from the round table in front of her and switch on the television.

“Jeon Wonwoo? Yes, I’ve met him yesterday. We shares an acting class together and he sat beside me,” Sehun that sat next to her on the long white couch in the girl’s dorm, answered.

“Did he talk something about me?” Hayoung carefully asking. She surely feels happy because Sehun always sticking with her these days. But, she didn’t know why the thoughts about Wonwoo, keep burdening her minds.

“No,” Sehun shook his head, before slurping a spoon of ramyun sauce into his mouth. He seems enjoy the food that Hayoung made for him so much.

“R-really?” Hayoung asked again, feeling not sure.

Sehun put the empty glass of ramyun on the small table in front of him. He took a piece of tissue to wipe his small lips while his eyebrows knitted – he tried to remembering something before he shook his head lightly. “What’s wrong? Did you have a fight with him?”

“N-no! I just... I just...” Hayoung held her words, thinking what she should say.

It made Sehun turned his face to see her, and his eyebrows furrowed deeply.

“J-just... Whenever I saw him in school, he acted so sulky...” Hayoung shrugged while letting her gaze down to her laps.

“Sulky?” Sehun frowned.

“Ah, never mind. Just forget it, he-eh,” Hayoung immediately realized her clumsiness. She realized she should not talk about another guy when she was spending her time with her first love.

Sehun suddenly heaved a sigh. “Did something happen between you and him... I mean... Did you somehow change your feeling for him? You know, like secretly starting to develop a special feeling for him?” Sehun asked carefully as he leaned his back on the couch.

“W-what? N-no, oppa,” Hayoung fakes a laugh. “We’re just friends... Yeah, just friends.”

“Just guessing... Because I saw both of you became closer these days. It somehow made me curious...” Sehun frowned.

“How about you? Did you still try to get Mrs. Ok’s heart?” Hayoung blurted out. Her question suddenly made the male face changed.

Sehun by out of the blue turned his gaze back to the television. He stares on it blankly without letting a single word to answer the previous question. A pregnant silence created between them and Hayoung feels uneasy about it.

“Oppa, I’m sorry...” she tried to break the awkwardness. “I didn’t meant to hurt you, but I just want to know about your relationship with her—“

“It’s okay. It wasn’t your fault. I should tell you from the start,” he looked down and Hayoung could see the sadness expressed clearly on his face. “She engaged with the man she loved. And I have no chance anymore.”

“Sehun oppa,” Hayoung moved her seat closer to him before slowly patted his arm. “I know you must be so sad. But please, don’t wasting your time to just thinking about it. You must move forward and try to get another dream,” she tried to cheer him up.

“Hayoung-ah, thank you. You don’t need to worry about that, because...” Sehun smiles before he lifted his face to meet her gaze. “... I guess I found someone who much better than her...”

They were staring at each other for some seconds. Hayoung secretly praise those crystal black eyes that suit his adorable handsome face. His lips were cherry red, his hair looks kinda messy and for the normal girls, it definitely looks hot. But something weird disturb her – Hayoung’s heart wasn’t beating harder like before. After the night they spent together on the SM building last week, once again she felt nothing.

“I think you should go home now. My members will come back soon,” she finally said to break the awkward moments between them.

Sehun nodded. “Thank you for inviting me to have some lunch here,” he ruffling the girl’s hair before got up from his seat. Hayoung following his steps till the edge of the main door of the dorm. “See you tomorrow at school. Bye,” he gave her an endearing smile once again, before he turned around and started to walk out from her house.

Hayoung copied his smile while she was staring at the back of him. She touched her chest to make sure it’s beating. Yes, it’s surely beating, but wasn’t as fast as before.

***

 

It was 9 in the next morning and Hayoung has seen in front of the gate of her school. She walked while put a usual happy smile on her face. She woke up earlier this day, so she had a chance to style up her hair into a little messy woven by the help of Eunji. The eldest told that she looks prettier with that kind of hairstyle.

With the confident steps, she walking passes the parking area. That was when her eyes suddenly capturing 2 familiar figures had got out from a car together. Hayoung’s eyes widened at the same time when she finally recognize them.

“I-It’s Yerin and Wonwoo...” she was stuttering when the persons walking toward her direction. “H-how could they come to school together? Did they become close friends already? Why Yerin never told me before?” those questions keep repeating inside her brain till she didn’t realize one of them was calling her name. The one that calls her walked faster, while the others walked slower behind.

“Hayoung-ah!” it was Jung Yerin, one of Hayoung’s best friend since they are in the same line. The same person that came to school together with Jeon Wonwoo from the same car.

“Oh, h-hi,” Hayoung greets back.

“Wow, you looks prettier today!” Yerin said in amazement when she saw her friend new style. “Ah... It must be because of Sehun oppa, didn’t you? Have you and him officially dating?” she teased.

“N-no, we’re not dating...,” Hayoung looked down, hiding her blushing cheeks. “... Not yet.”

“Omo! Not yet? So it’s possible that you and him will be official soon?—“

But before she gives a proper answer, a loud deep voice echoed. “Watch out!”

Hayoung could clearly recognize that the latest voice is belonged to Jeon Wonwoo. In the same time, she heard a sound of motorcycle was approaching her direction. She was about to lifting her chin to meet the latter voice, but before she could do, she felt her body had pulled aside till made her losing her balance. Hayoung senses her body will fall on the ground soon. But instead of landed on the hard pavement, she feels her face bumped into a board chest.

‘This scent...’ still let her eyes shut, Hayoung murmured. She could smell a familiar scent from the owner of the chest. She let her mind fly away as she admitted she missed this scent so much.

“Are you okay?” a deep voice suddenly snapped her out. Hayoung quickly opened her eyes and taking a few steps back.

“Ah, y-yes. I’m okay,” she stole a glance toward the tall man in front of her, before immediately looking on the cold ground. “Thank you, Wonwoo.”

“What a bastard! How could he ride so carelessly in the school area! Did he know it was too dangerous?!” Yerin yelled to the rider that already gone from their sights.

“It’s okay, Yerin-ah. I’m okay,” Hayoung tried to calm down her friend as she grab Yerin wrist closer to her.

“Yerin-ah, I should go to my class first. See you later,” Wonwoo suddenly spoke out and without waiting for Yerin’s answer, he quickly walked away leaving the girls behind.

“Um, Yerin-ah, let’s go to our class too, shall we?” Hayoung said and her best friend nodded. They were walking together toward their classes that located at the very front after the lobby.

As on their way to the classroom, neither of them talks about something. Hayoung really wanted to ask her best friend the reason why she suddenly comes to school with Jeon Wonwoo. She really wanted to know. But she decides to keep it inside her heart, for unknowing reason.

“I saw him running to catch the latest bus earlier. Since he was late, I asked him to go to school with me,” accidentally, Yerin spilled the reason without Hayoung even started to ask.

Hayoung glances at her best friend and Yerin gave her a thin smile before they’re entering the class. At the same time, Hayoung didn’t know when it starts. But she could clearly feel the slight of relieve greets her heart.

***

 

After the school ended, Sehun asked Hayoung to meet in the school’s library. It’s the safest place since there’s no students go that place after the lesson over.

“Oppa?” Hayoung broke the silence between them.

“Hm?” Sehun hummed while his hand was busied to flip the pages of the English book in front of him.

“Wonwoo... What’s wrong with him?”

Sehun startled as he notices the girl once again had talked about Jeon Wonwoo whenever he spends his time with her recently. He closed the thick book and shifting it aside, before he slowly stares at her. “He’s okay, I guess. What’s wrong?”

“No, he is not. He acts so strange these days. He keeps avoiding me whenever I meet him,” Hayoung started to explain.

“Maybe he has a problem with you,” Sehun blurted out while pointing his index finger toward the beautiful figure that seems so puzzled today.

Hayoung stunned as her mind suddenly overwhelmed by Sehun’s remark. “I don’t know... I don’t think we got into trouble... It’s really weird.”

Sehun notices her confusion, so he heaved a sigh before giving the younger an advice. “Text him,” he said, causing the attention of the girl closely on him. “Text him and asking him to meet you. Just the two of you, only.”

***

 

Hayoung found Wonwoo was wearing a white shirt with dark blue jeans, and he wore his usual reading glasses on his small eyes. He was sitting alone on the rooftop of the Cube building, the place that she recommended as another safe place for them to meet. It had been 5 minutes since she stood behind the door, secretly staring at the guy who was locking his eyes on the PS Vita that placed neatly in front of him.

Hayoung suddenly breathed deeply before decided to walk closer toward him. He is her friend after all. So she thought there is no need to be nervous about it.

“Hi,” Hayoung greets. Wonwoo stiffened for a while when her husky voice enters his ears.

He carefully lifted his chin to see the girl was smiling awkwardly at him. She wore plain white shirt with pink caps to covering half of her face and she keep braid her hairs like earlier on school. “Oh, hi,” he shortly greets back.

Hayoung took her seat in front of him, while the guy immediately look down and locked his gaze to the game console that he brought again.

A pregnant silence is created between them, before Hayoung decides to clear and said. “I’m asking you to meet up here because there is something that I want to talk about with you.”

“Spill it, I’m listening,” Wonwoo said, without even stole a glance at her.

Hayoung heaved a sigh. She didn’t know why her heart is surely hurting when she realized the guy, who sat in front of her, was completely ignoring her. “Can you please look at me when I’m talking to you?”

Wonwoo startled by her sudden remark. He took a time to think before he paused the game and slowly lifted his chin again. That was when their gazes meet each other.

“Thanks...” Hayoung said almost whispering, and this time, she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter