Third

Friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mrs. Oh had just finished to take care of the payment of the hospital and she was about to pick up her daughter home. When they headed to the parking area, Mrs. Oh suddenly stopped.

“Hayoung-ah, wait. Eomma wants to go to restroom first,”

Hayoung nodded and decided to wait for her mother outside. When she was checking her phone, she heard strange yet familiar voices from the opposite side. Hayoung switch off her phone screen then decided to take a peek to the source of the voice.

Her facial expression suddenly changed as she caught his presence on her eyes. “Sehun oppa...” she mumbles.

She was about to approaching him, but a sudden female voice was also heard from his direction. Being curious, Hayoung decided to take a peek again.

She could clearly see there is a young woman standing in front of his tall figure and they were staring at each other with expression that Hayoung couldn't read. “That’s Ok seonsangnim...”

Hayoung sees the two of them were talking seriously, but since she was too far, she could not clearly hear them. Slowly, she walked closer at their direction and that was when she heard Sehun was half shouting, when the eldest wanted to turn around.

“But, I like you!”

Hayoung startled just when those words slip out from Sehun’s lips. A pang hit her heart just when she realized the guy develops a special feeling to the woman, the young teacher on their school. She stepped back and was about to run away, leaving the hurtful scene in front of her. Unfortunately, she tripped on her own feet and her landed on the cold floor.

Sehun was taken aback since he didn’t notice Hayoung just heard the previous conversations between him and Mrs. Ok. He quickly releasing his hand from holding the eldest wrist and without thinking twice, he approached Hayoung that still sitting on the floor.

“Hayoung-ah, are you okay?” Sehun asked with full of worries captures clearly on his handsome face.

Hayoung didn’t answer his question, yet she just staring at Sehun’s face blankly. Just less than a second, Mrs. Ok was following Sehun and now she already kneels beside the younger. “Hayoung, be careful, dear...” she said softly while tried to help the younger to stand up. But Hayoung quickly yanked her hands away as she remembered the scene between the young woman and her crush earlier.

Mrs. Ok startled with her sudden act, so did Sehun. She was about to open to give an explanation, but Sehun did it first. “Mrs. Ok just helped me to practicing my line for final acting test next week. Don’t misunderstand.”

Hayoung’s jaw dropped as she heard Sehun’s explanation, while Mrs. Ok gazed at the young guy with expression that anyone can’t read.

“I-is it true?” Hayoung found herself asking. “You’re not lying?”

Sehun nodded his head. “Of course, it’s true. We’re just coming here together to visit you. And while waiting for the guest visit hours, I decided to practice a little for the acting test and Noona wanted to help me. Yeah, you know, I’m a bit weak if it’s comes to acting lesson,” Sehun blabbered.

“B-but, how can you two coming here together? A-are you two already close?” Hayoung asked again.

“Noona is the daughter from my mother’s friend. Or you can say that our mothers are BFF and they met often.  So both of us automatically being close too,” Sehun formed a smile while trying to reassure the girl. “So, come on, let me help you to get up,” he raised a hand to the girl.

And with the explanation, the smile on Hayoung’s face grew again. Without thinking longer, she reach Sehun’s hand and he helped her to stand properly.

“Is it hurt?” Sehun asked her while pointing at the part where Hayoung landed herself on the floor earlier.

“Oh, n-no. I’m okay, don’t worry,” she grinned awkwardly while patting her twice.

“And... what are you doing here? Are you discharge from the hospital already?” Sehun asked again.

“Ah yes, I forgot to tell you. Today I can go home since doctor said that my condition was okay. Just need some time to rest and I’ll be back to school soon,” Hayoung beamed, thinking she can spend her quality time with her crush again.

“Oh, that’s good. But remember, don’t force yourself too hard. Your health is the most important now,” Sehun said while her hair softly.

Hayoung flustered with another skin-ship that the guy had made, while Mrs. Ok keep staring at them. Hayoung then realized that she just did some harsh thing on the eldest earlier, so she immediately asking an apology. “Mrs. Ok, I’m so sorry about earlier. I guess I—“

“It’s okay, Hayoung. I understand,” a thin smile formed on Mrs. Ok lips and Hayoung looked down to hide her embarrassment.

“So...” Sehun broke the sudden awkwardness between them. “Should I drive you home? I mean, we came here to visit you, and you already here. So, why not?”

“Oh, um, actually, my mother already picks me up. You don’t need to do so, Oppa,” Hayoung refused the offer although she really wants it.

“Really?” Sehun look unsure.

“Yes. Thank you for the offer, Sehun oppa,” Hayoung gives the best smile of her and Sehun copied it.

“Okay then. I’ll accompany Noona to make a visit to Wonwoo then. He’s still here, isn’t he?”

Hayoung nodded her head. “Yeah, he is still here. He will discharge tomorrow due waiting the lab result.”

With that, the conversations between them had ended up. Both of Sehun and Mrs. Ok excused themselves to visit Wonwoo.

“Hayoung-ah, I’m sorry. I got some trouble with my stomach,” Mrs. Oh, Hayoung’s mother just in time, came out from the restroom. She startled because she found her daughter was smiling from ear to ear. “Hayoungie, what happened? Your face just like you’d just met an idol...”

“I’ve just met a prince charming, eomma...” Hayoung inaudibly mumbles.

“Prince what?” the elder rose an eyebrow since she didn’t heard it clearly.

But Hayoung refuse to repeat it, instead she linked her arm on her mother and ask the elder to go home with her faster.

***

 

Feeling responsible because Wonwoo already saved her life, Hayoung came to the hospital one day after. She brought two chicken rices so they can eat it together.

While they took the lunch, Wonwoo couldn’t help but staring and smiling at her face. Hayoung realized it, so she glaring at the male.

“Stop staring and finish your meal before the payment process finishes!” she reminds him that he will discharge as soon as the hospital processing the payment from Wonwoo’s parents.

“My father just calls me and he said he transferred the money to the hospital already. Maybe it took an hour to process it, so we still have time,” he said without loosening the smile on his face.

Hayoung rolled her eyes before finish her lunch. But suddenly, she took a glance to the boy that sitting in front of her and found he was already busying himself with his meal. A smile automatically formed in the edge of her lips when she saw how he’s eating his meal with pleasure. In her eyes, Wonwoo looks so pure and innocent – She just secretly admitting.

But the smile quickly vanished right when Wonwoo catches her red-handed. “Hayoung sunbaenim, did you just smiling at me?” he bluntly asking.

“W-what? Smiling at you? You must be deluding,” she scoffed while immediately throw her gaze nowhere.

“Don’t lie. I just saw you smiling at me while I was eating. Just admit it, sunbae,” Wonwoo tried to prove that the girl was lying.

“I told you if I am not. So I am not!” Hayoung glares at him again this time.

Wonwoo chuckled. “You know what, sunbae?”

His question made Hayoung gazes at him.

“You look prettier when you’re smiling. And I love it,” he said while staring at her deeply.

His honest words made Hayoung’s eyes widened. She was too shock to react since the boy just suddenly confessed at her.

“I know this time you only have Oh Sehun in your heart. But I’ll try my best to show you that I care about you so much more than him,” Wonwoo makes it clearer, and Hayoung could heard it all. But she still keeps shut. Meanwhile, Wonwoo keep staring at her and waiting for her to give him an answer. “So, what do you think?”

Hayoung back to her sense, she quickly said, “I will never like you the way I like Sehun oppa. So don’t dream too much, Jeon Wonwoo.”

“How do you know that your heart will never change?” Wonwoo didn’t give up though the girl just refuses him.

“Of course I do!” she said while get up from her seat and glaring at him.

“You can’t guarantee it, sunbae!” Wonwoo got up too and walk closer to her.

“I do!” Hayoung walk closer to him too.

“You’re not!” Wonwoo didn’t give up and made the distance between them closer.

Hayoung startled when she just realized the space between their faces were just an inch away. She raised a hand toward his face, before giving a hard flick on his temple.

“Ouch!” Wonwoo stepped back and whimpered in pain while Hayoung chuckled in satisfaction.

“Keep on dreaming, Jeon. My love to Sehun oppa will never change,” she stuck her tongue out and was about to left the room. But when she reaches the door, she turned around. “Go home safely and see you again tomorrow at school.”

With that, she left and leaving Jeon Wonwoo alone, fluttering. Instead of rubbing the spot that had been flicked, he rubbed his chest up and down repeatedly because it's beating hardly inside.

He feels happy because the girl that he admitted as his first love started to give her concerns to him.

***

A head popped out behind the wall, and the eyes are searching for someone’s presence. That was Hayoung always did in the morning when she arrived at school. She went toward Sehun’s class and when she already found his presence, a wide grin plastered on her face. She watched him taking the books from his locker. She could always see the boy suddenly check-up his hair on a small mirror that was hanging against the locker.

‘Handsome as always,’ she mumbles, and she s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter