Seventh

Friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hayoung sighed at the pile of thick books that lay comfortably on the big rounded table. Instead of picking one and started to open each pages of it, she’s just staring with disgust looks. She really has no urge to read yet touch those manuals. She is looking her surrounding to found no one except her inside the spacious library. “No wonder no student anymore here,” she mumbles while checking her watch and found it was almost 7 PM.

Suddenly, a voice of footsteps approaches her ears. It’s automatically making her attention moves to the thick wooden door in front of her. Slowly, the main door started to open and revealing the person behind it. Without even wanted, the tip of Hayoung’ lips automatically move upward, creating a small smile on her face. She even didn’t know when it’s start, but every time she caught him in her eyes, she feels happy.

“Haven’t you solve the problem yet?” his deep voice awakened her from the slight of daydreaming, causing her smile vanished and changing with a deep frown on her face.

“I didn’t think I can do it. I’m too tired to think tho,” she muttered while lazily took the book and opened the first page.

The guy shook his head, but he can’t help to form a smile on his lips after seeing how cute she was with those frown on her face. With steady pace, he came closer before pulled the chair beside her. “Come on, let me help you,” he said in confident tone while shifting his body closer to her.

On the same time, Hayoung could feel a tingling inside her brain when she smells his manly scent from the close distance.

“So… Which part that you didn’t understand?” the guy suddenly raises a hand to take the book from her, and it accidentally made his hand brushed against her. Hayoung didn’t know where it starts, but the sudden skinship was more than enough to make the senses in her arm seemed to explode with awareness. “Hayoung-ah…?” his voice entering her ears once again, and it snapped her.

“Uh, oh, yes?” she blinked her eyes, twice, just to make sure that she’s back in her senses. “What did you just say?”

The guy chuckles, accidentally showing his eye-smile when he notices her clumsiness and Hayoung caught it. She usually will get mad at him, thinking he mocks her. But today, she feels different. Something odd yet different greets her heart and it bothering her these days. Instead of glaring at him—like previously she always did, she look down to prevent her eyes meet his.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” this time, his voice softer and Hayoung could sense the worries in it. “Are you okay?” he shifting closer, and in a speed of light, she raised her hand to push his face away. But unfortunately, her power was too strong till it accidentally created a hard slap on the guy’s face.

“Oh my— I’m sorry. I-I’m really sorry,” she panicked as soon as the guy covered his face with both of his palms and he groaned in pain. “W-Wonwoo-ya, are you okay?” Hayoung moves her seat closer at him again, while tilted her head so she can see his face.

 

“Y-yeah, I’m okay. Don’t worry,” he said, trying to holding his pain.

“Let me see it,” Hayoung insists to check his condition and Wonwoo slowly shove his hands away from covering his face. “Is it swollen?” she jerked and unwittingly, her hands cupping his face.

Hayoung realizes she just wanted to make sure there's no injury on the guy’ face, but she ended up making an eye contact with him. Wonwoo is locking his eyes at her. Hayoung usually would smack him, but this time, she just looks away. She let her hands moving from cupping his face, to fixing her hair strain and let it slip behind her ears. As her finger making a sudden touch with her ear skin, she feels surprised with the heat. She didn’t know what happened to her ears til she feel the warm on it.

“I guess you’re not in a good condition today, isn’t it?” his voice once again startling her. “If you feel unwell, we can skip our research—“

“No!” she quickly cut his words, turning the previous blushing expression with the fierce one. It was enough to make the guy’ jaw dropped seeing her sudden change. “Uh, I-I’m sorry,” realizing she surprised him, she look down again and took the book to distract him. “I’m okay. Let’s finish this now.”

Instead of following the girl’ order, Wonwoo remained mute and his eyebrow knitted. He muttered some words and Hayoung could clearly hear it. He said that she acts so different today and she knows she should find the answer soon or he will catch her bizarre demeanor.

“There’s nothing happened. Just...” she held her words, thinking the best reason to give, while Wonwoo keep staring and waiting for her answer. “... Just a bit tired for our group comeback.” An idea flopped on her brain and Hayoung secretly praised herself for it.

“Wow, so Apink will make another comeback soon?” his face change from curious to amazed. “That’s cute! My friends and I surely will have another cover dance project soon! I should tell Seokmin first, he’s a big of fan!” he smiles from ear to ear while began to typing something on his phone and Hayoung used the chance to steal a glance at him. She could clearly found the happiness on his eyes whenever he talked about his trainee friends on his agency. She realized how precious they are to him. And a small smile formed on her lips as soon as she frames him in her gaze.

But when she wanted to enjoy the view longer, a sound of incoming call echoed and forces her to deflecting her focus to her phone. Hayoung took out her pink colored-phone from her full bleed printed tote bag to see a strange number appear on the screen. She furrowed her eyebrows, thinking she should pick up the phone or not.

“Just answer the phone already? Who knows it’s from an important person,” Wonwoo chimed in, while letting his attention moves to her.

“O-okay,” Hayoung hesitantly slide up the green icon on her screen before setting the phone to loudspeaker mode. “Hello?”

“Hello, is this Oh Hayoung?” a strange male voice sounded on the other line.

“Yes… Who is this?” Hayoung asked back.

“I’m Kim Jongin, Sehun’ friend. You know me, right?”

Hayoung tapped her chin twice when the owner of baritone voice tells his name. “Do you mean, you are Jongin sunbae, Naeun unnie classmate?”

“Ah yes, I’m Naeunnie friends too. Anyway, I need to tell you something about Sehun…” Jongin held his words, didn’t sure with the things he wants to tell her. It made Hayoung curious.

“Sehun oppa? What’s wrong with him? Did something bad happened?” Hayoung quickly shot the eldest with unending question marks, causing Wonwoo that still next to her and hearing their conversation from the start, curling a bitter smile when he notices how her facial changing in a speed of light.

“Um, actually yes… He sprained an ankle when we practiced earlier. We already told him to rest at dorm, but he insists to keep practicing,” Jongin blabbered. “We need your help.”

“What should I do to help him, sunbaenim?” Hayoung was frantically asking.

“I’m really sorry for disturbing you. But can’t you come here— to our practice room. I know, it’s too risky for an idol like you, but we’re afraid the injury will get worsened and it’s dangerous for his career. You know, our group will make a debut next week tho,” Jongin explained. “So, Hayoung-ssi… Can’t you help us?”

Hayoung paused for a moment to thinking what decision she should make. She should help Sehun, her favorite sunbae—he needs her help. But she was too scared to get caught. Scandal could ruin her career. She is in a dilemma. “I really wanted to help him. But how can I—“

But when she wanted to continued, a warm touch greets her hand. She turned to the right side to find Wonwoo was staring at her. He nodded his head and it made Hayoung gazing with question look. “I will help you,” he said, causing the girl’ jaw dropped.

“W-what do you mean?”

“Let me help you to go to him. He needs you, didn’t he?”

***

 

 

        Hayoung stop a taxi and Wonwoo came along with her to SM Building. As soon as they arrived, Hayoung was about to get outside the cab, but Wonwoo suddenly grabbed her wrist.

“Are you crazy? If you go out now, the sasaeng will notice you,” he said with stern voice.

Hayoung startled as she imagine the scene would be like if she tried to enter the building and make the sasaeng noticed her presence there. She is surely didn’t want to kill her fresh career with big scandal.

“Use this, they will not notice you,” Wonwoo suddenly grabbed his black backpack and pulled something out.

Hayoung helped him to open it and that was when she found a mask and a black blazer with high collars.  “W-where did you get all of this?” she amazed with the things that he prepared.

“My CEO told me and my friends to learn how to be an idol. So, I guess I’ll need these stuffs when I make a debut later,” he winked at her before helping her to use all of the disguises. Firstly, Wonwoo help her to wear the blazer. Luckily, he is skinny so the size of the blazer fits on her. He also helped her to wear the mask to cover half of her face. His fingertips were accidentally brushing her cheeks on the process, causing Hayoung to feel the softness on her skin. It successfully invites another strange beat inside her heart, again. “And... this is for the final touch,” Wonwoo slightly peek inside his bag before he got a wide brim hat that has a same color with the previous blazer.

“Omo! You're so well prepared,” Hayoung gasped in disbelief, but the male ignore it as he raise his hand to put the hat onto her head.

“Okay, now you can go inside without anyone notice you,” Wonwoo smiles in satisfaction as he saw her presence. Hayoung already wore all of the disguise stuffs that totally covered all of her head except the pair of her eyes.

Hayoung nodded and was about to reach the door knob, but she turned around to face Wonwoo again.

“What’s wrong? Is there anything left?” he asked.

Instead of answering his question, Hayoung suddenly grab his hand, causing the male jerked up a bit by the sudden warm touch. “Thank you, Wonwoo. I owed you,” she said without dare to meet his gaze.

“Good luck,” a smile formed on Wonwoo’ face, so thin yet so small as he letting her go. He praised himself inside his heart, because he feels succeed to hide his sadness. Yes, he couldn’t lie that hurt greet his heart when he notice how strong her love to Sehun. Actually, he secretly hope she slowly could forget him, but he eventually knew the girl was always keep a special place to the handsome senior. Wonwoo keep watching her back before Hayoung slowly disappeared inside the big building. 

“Excuse me,” the voice of the Taxi driver awakened him. He turned to face the middle-aged man was staring at him with question look. “What’s your next destination, young man?”

“Oh,” Wonwoo hold his words for some seconds before he give his final answer. “I guess I’ll stop here now,” he said while took out some money from his brown leather wallet, before he handed it to the driver. “Keep the change. Thank you for the ride.”

 

***

 

“Tch, where’s Jongin? It’s almost 9 PM and he didn’t come back to pick me up?” Sehun whined as he walked back and forth inside the dance room. “Should I end this practice session alone?” He keep nagging while let his hand picking a white clean towel that he placed beside his Nike sport bag. He started to wipe his sweat around his face and neck. “I guess I need to wash before going back to the dorm.”

When Sehun wanted to grab his bag and goes straight to the bathroom, a voice of the door knob sounded

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter