Sixth

Friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Erase that picture now! It’s so ugly!” he kept yelling, ignoring the irritate looks from the other students inside the cafeteria.

“I won’t!” Hayoung was about to run away, but Wonwoo held her wrist and he sat next to her before tickling her waists. “Y-yah, yah. Stop it!”

Hayoung held his wrist to make him stop from tickling her, but the boy still did it. Suddenly, Hayoung’s back fell into the wall as she couldn’t bear against the tickles anymore. She didn’t realize she’s still holding Wonwoo’s wrist, so she automatically pulled him and accidentally fell with her too. His body successfully landed on her chest.

Both of them still remained silent at the previous position since they still feel astonished with the sudden incident. Hayoung was blinking her eyes rapidly, while Wonwoo could feel his heart was beating so fast.

“Ehem!” a voice of clearing throat quickly made them back to their sense. Both of them are immediately turning their faces to the source of the voice. Hayoung’s eyes widened and her jaw dropped when she found who the person is. She cursed herself because she’s just remembered that she was the one who initiated an appointment with him earlier. “What are you two doing?”

Sehun asked while Hayoung and Wonwoo abruptly got up from their previous positions. Hayoung is fixing her hair, while Wonwoo awkwardly fixing his shirt when the eldest stares at them alternately.

“I’m sorry, Oppa. But it’s not like what you have seen,” Hayoung started to explain.

“Yeah, Hayoung is right. We’re just bickering about—“ Wonwoo tried to add the explanation but Sehun immediately cut it off.

“It’s okay. It wasn’t part of my business tho,” Sehun shrugged. “Anyway, where’s the rice box that you brought for me?” he asked with straight face.

 “O-oh, here,” Hayoung gave the meal box to him and Sehun took it while mouthing ‘thank you’ before turned around and left the two, dumbfounded.

“It’s your fault,” Hayoung said right when Sehun was gone.

“My fault?” Wonwoo is pointing himself with question look.

“Of course, it’s yours. You tickled me too much,” she purses her lips.

“Yah, if you didn’t take that silly pic, the ruckus won’t happen!” Wonwoo started to yell again and this time, one of the students shouts at them.

“Hey, just go get a room, you two!”

***

 

As Hayoung came back home, her mother told that their family will had invited to join a dinner with Mr. Oh’s business partner.

“Hayoung-ah, what took you so long?” Mrs. Oh frowned as she glancing inside her daughter room. Hayoung wasn’t coming out of the room since she told her mother she wants to changes her clothes.

Then Mrs. Oh found her daughter was walking back and forth in front of the big mirror, looking somehow fidgeting.

“What are you doing, sweetheart? Our guests will come soon and you still didn’t ready yet?” Mrs. Oh asked when she sees Hayoung was still wearing loose shirt and short pants.

“Eomma, can you help me? I guess I can’t choose a better outfit to wear tonight,” Hayoung dragged her mother closer to her wardrobe.

Mrs. Oh started to scan her daughter collections and less than 30 seconds, she got her choice. To Hayoung surprised, her mother was picking a very y dress. The dress was short and barely reaches her mid-thigh and it wasn’t Hayoung’s style.

“I won’t wear it, eomma,” she hissed. “I’ll look alike a !” she added and immediately made her mother gaped in disbelief.

“Oh my daughter… What are you saying? Watch your language,” Mrs. Oh shook her head but Hayoung ignored it as she took another dress and try it. This time, she chooses a soft pink dress – with flower pattern.

“It looks nice on you,” Mrs. Oh complimenting.

Hayoung turned around in front of the mirror before she’s smiling to herself. “You’re right, eomma. This isn’t bad.”

“Put your make-up on and go downstairs already. We’re almost late!” Mrs. Oh hissed as she walked out toward outside the room.

***

 

Wonwoo’s parents were coming to Seoul today as they got a dinner invitation from one of his father business partner. His parents asked him to go first since they’re afraid they will come a bit late. And Wonwoo was already standing in front of the big house all alone. He cursed Seungcheol for driving him too early to the party, since his parents just told him they will arrive 30 minutes later.

He knocked on the door, twice, while waiting the owner of the house to open the door, Wonwoo turned around and gazing at his surroundings.

The sunset washes the garden with a tangerine glow. Wonwoo closes his eyes as he could hear the birdsong filters through his ears. He inhale slowly to let the fresh air fulfilled his chest. He enjoyed it so much till he missed the sound of the door knob that started to open.

“Jeon Wonwoo?”

He turned around slowly to be greeted by the familiar person. His eyes widened as he caught her in his gaze. It was because he surprised either he knows her nor how she looks now. She is Oh Hayoung, his first love. She’s wearing a pink dress and she looks totally different that day. She always been cute when she performed with her group and wore a casual thingy in her daily life. Hayoung put a light make-up and her hair was slightly curly, yet it could make Wonwoo’s heart beats fast.

Meanwhile, Hayoung as same surprised as him. It was her first time seeing him without his reading glass and with formal outfits. Wonwoo combed his hair neatly, and Hayoung couldn’t help but secretly admiring his hidden charm.

“So, you are the son from my father business partner?” she asked, breaking the silence.

“H-hi,” Wonwoo greet her awkwardly, raised his hand to slightly wave at her. “Y-yes, I guess I am,” he said before letting his hand rubbing the back of his neck shyly.

“Come in and take your seat. There’s still I need to prepare inside,” Hayoung said before she turned around and walked inside the big house, leaving the guy all alone.

Wonwoo walk himself to the corner of the house, as he took his seat at one of the bench. He decided to play with his phone this time.

“You must be Jeon Wonwoo,” suddenly a voice greeted him and made Wonwoo lifted his face to see the owner of the voice. He felt startled as he saw a middle aged woman was standing in front of him.

“Y-yes, it’s me,” he blinked.

The woman chuckled. “Finally I’ve met you. I’m Hayoung mother.”

Wonwoo quickly bowed to her respectfully. “Hello, I’m Jeon Wonwoo.”

“Don’t hesitate, son. Hayoung was often talking about you. And it’s surprising that you’re the son of Mr. Jeon, our number one business partner,” Hayoung’s mother laughed.

“O-oh really?” Wonwoo blinked in confusion.

“You two are school mates in SOPA, right? And you’re a trainee in Pledis, am I right?” this time Hayoung’s mother guessed and it surprised him more.

Wonwoo curled an awkward smile as he nodded his head repeatedly.

“It’s great to meet you here. Let’s go inside and waiting for your family arrival,” Mrs. Oh asked and Wonwoo trailed the elder from behind.

 

10 minutes later, Wonwoo’s parents already came, but Hayoung still didn’t show up again yet after she greets him earlier.  He could feel his palms were cold as ice. As when he could hear the voices from the upstairs, Wonwoo immediately got up from his seat and he could see Hayoung was looking difficult to walk with her heels. He quickly came toward her then he reached out his hand, offering her to hold it.

Being startled, Hayoung hesitantly hold his hand as she was about to made some steps toward the big living room of her house.

“Wonwoo-ya, wait,” she suddenly asked and made the later suddenly stop.

“What is it?” he blinked as the girl give a medium size box to him.

“It’s your birthday gift. I heard from Mingyu today is your birthday,” Hayoung said, thinly smiling.

“Wow, t-thank you. This is so touching,” Wonwoo staring at his gift with amazement.

“Don’t exagerating. Come on, they wait for us,” Hayoung pointed at the dining table, before she walk led the male.

 

“She is Oh Hayoung, our beloved daughter,” Mr. Oh introduced her to Wonwoo’s family and Hayoung bowed at them as greetings.

“You are more beautiful than we had seen in television,” Mrs. Jeon gives her admiration and her husband nodded his head as an agree sign.

“Thank you very much, it’s an honor for me,” Hayoung smile and bowing at them.

“So please take the seats and let’s enjoy the meal together,” Mrs. Oh smiled.

Wonwoo was sitting in front of Hayoung and he stared at him while Hayoung was talking about how delicious the foods that had been cooked for them. If only Wonwoo could stop the time, he would never get bored staring at the girl in front of him.

“So, Wonwoo,” Mr. Oh’s voice snapped Wonwoo out from his thought. “It’s great to meet you here especially you happened to be our daughter’s boyfriend.”

“O-oh, I-I’m not her boyfriend,” Wonwoo immediately waved his hand in front of his face, denying the misunderstanding so Hayoung will not feel uncomfortable.

“Ah, so you’re not? We

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter