First

Friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you sleeping?” a familiar voice greets her ear and Hayoung immediately removing her palm from her face to meet the face of the man that she loves the most. He is standing in front of her with a warm smile on his face. “You will catch a cold if you sleep here. It’s almost midnight, you know?” he said again while covering her body with blanket that he brought from inside.

“I’m sorry. I guess I was too tired till I didn’t realize that I was falling into sleep,” Hayoung said while rubbing her eyes.

The man sat next to her and he opened his arm. “Come here,” he is inviting her inside.

Hayoung nodded before she’s shifting her seat closer to him then cuddling inside his warm embrace.

They remained silent while cuddling before her man started to speak again.

“It’s been 2 years since our marriage. I feel so happy if I flashed back on the day I propose you,” he said while staring at the night sky with full of stars.

“I’ve decided to accept it though it was too shameful to remember,” Hayoung giggled.

***

 

FLASHBACK 15 YEARS AGO

“Oh Hayoung. Take a sit,” Mr. Lee said as soon as her student showed up on the door frame.

Hayoung came inside the room and took a sit on the chair in front of her acting teacher. She was in the middle of her lunch break, but suddenly she got a call from the elder, asking her to meet him as soon as possible. “What is it about Mr. Lee?” she hurriedly asking him.

The teacher stopped a moment from reading his thick journal and fixing his glasses position before glancing at the younger. “We’re still waiting for someone to come,” he calmly said before put his attention back to his book.

Hayoung nodded and tried to relax as she wait for the person that her teacher had said. ‘Ugh, I’m so sleepy,’ she mumbles while began to yawn. She didn’t forget to cup with her palm in the process. She used to sleep late last night since the dance practice schedules for the group comeback.

5 minutes passed, Hayoung almost fell into sleep until she heard rapid footsteps coming closer to the room.

“Here he is,” Mr. Lee said as he close his journal and wanted to greet his guest.

Hayoung rubbed her sleepy eyes with the back of her palm, still didn’t noticing someone that already standing behind her.

“Anyeonghaseyo, Mr. Lee. I’m sorry I’m coming late. I need to deal with my music paper first,” a deep voice echoed and it invites her to stand from her seat and turn around. She then found a male student around her age, with glasses and neat hair cut, was panting hardly. She could capture sweat running on his temple, but Hayoung couldn’t say that he looks kinda hot with his tall and skinny figure.

“Hayoung-ah, meet Jeon Wonwoo,” Mr. Lee introduced, signaling the female student to greet the male. “Wonwoo-ya, she’s Hayoung. You should know her already, didn’t you?”

That Jeon Wonwoo put a blank face for a moment, before he is nodding his head. “Yes, I know her.”

“Of course, she’s a member of new shining girl group, Apink,” Mr. Lee smiles while glancing at Hayoung, whose still get her eyes on the newbie. “And Hayoung-ah, Wonwoo just move to Seoul last week. So no wonder you never see him before.”

“Oh I see,” she shrugged before replying his bow.

“Take a seat,” Mr. Lee told him, and Wonwoo sit next to Hayoung. The guy used the chance to glance at the girl beside him, before focusing his eyes on the teacher in front of him. So did Hayoung.

“Actually, I called you two here to ask for a help— no, we can consider it as a favor,” Mr. Lee started with curious smirk on his face. “I have a research and I need your help.”

“Why should I? I mean there are a lot of students in this school yet you choose me,” Hayoung asked.

“I know you must be so busy with your career, Hayoung. But to be honest, I couldn’t think of anyone else except you two,” Mr. Lee firmly said and looked at her in the eyes. There was a brief silence inside the room, before a deep voice broke it.

It was Wonwoo that suddenly spoke out and telling his teacher that he agrees with the offer. “I’ll help you, saem,” his answer directly bring a satisfy smile on the elder face.

“Really?” Hayoung eyes rounded in disbelief as she's moving her gaze at the guy. Wonwoo glanced at her still with his blank face. Hayoung began to regret her first admiration to him since the guy made a decision without even thinking.

Wonwoo nodded his head amusingly. “I’m not really busy. And it would be a great honor to be a part of teacher’s research. So, count me in.”

“Geez...” Hayoung rubbed her temple, while Mr. Lee started to move his gaze to her, waiting for her answer. She heaved a deep sigh before finally saying, “Okay... I have no choice.”

Mr. Lee clapped his hands excitedly and he started to find something inside his locker. It’s a piece of paper then he gave it to his students.

“Seriously, Mr. Lee? We should do this research together? The two of us, only?” Hayoung rounded her eyes as she pointing her finger at Wonwoo.

“Yes. I know, you two aren’t not close. But please be good friends first, so you can finish this research perfectly. Is that possible?” he asked obviously unsure.

Hayoung sensed the guy that sat beside him was looking at her. She stole a glance at him to find that Jeon Wonwoo guy was smiling at her. The smile was so thin yet endearing at the same time. She couldn’t help but curse under her breath.

“I guess it’s possible. We will try our best,” once again, Hayoung found herself gaped in disbelief when she heard his blunt answer.

***

 

“Hayoung sunbaenim,” Wonwoo called her name as he run after her, after they finished the meeting session with Mr. Lee. “Sunbae, wait.”

He quickly walk ahead her, it successfully stop her pace. Hayoung took a deep sigh before glaring at the taller. “Are you always being an over confidence person like this, Jeon Wonwoo?”

Wonwoo blinked his eyes with her remark. “Well...” he was about to answer but her look made him hesitate, so he decided to look down on her Adidas shoes.

“You know I’m an idol, right? You know how busy my schedules are, didn’t you? How could you agrees at the first place without even asking my opinion?” Hayoung pissed off. “I advised you. Think before talk next time.”

Hayoung intentionally bumped her shoulder on Wonwoo and walked off first, leaving the guy heaving alone and nibbled his lower lip.

***

 

It was the end of the class. Students in 1-2 began to scramble out from their tables and run toward the class door. Hayoung still gather her things into her backpack, startled when he found a bottle of strawberry yoghurt on her desk. She looked up to find a smiley guy stood awkwardly in front of her.

“You— What do you want?” she rose an eyebrow.

“Mr. Lee asked us to start become friends, remember? So, I guess it’s the right time to start it,” he grinned, showing off his white teeth.

“Seriously?” Hayoung look at him, being annoyed. “Don’t waste your money. I’m not drinking this kind of thing,” she give the yoghurt back to Wonwoo and ready to leave the classroom.

“How about grab some milk tea or coffee maybe? I know the best coffee shop near this school,” he keeps asking and walked beside Hayoung.

“I don’t have time. I’m busy,” she said nonchalantly and walks faster.

But Wonwoo didn’t give up, he keep trailing behind her while thinking about some ideas to grab her attention. “Then tell me right away when you are free. So we can start to spend time together—“

Hayoung suddenly stop, it almost made Wonwoo bumped into her. She turned around and directly glaring at the new student. “Jeon Wonwoo, isn't there any important you have to do beside this?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter