Solving Problems Comes With a New a New One

The Strange Encounter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Solving Problems Comes With a New a New One

 

One fine Saturday morning and everything is a little bit quiet. I went out of the bedroom and I saw Yuri still sleeping on the couch with his tongue sticking out. It’s been a three months since Yuri entered my peaceful life. Because of him, my quiet life became noisy and my personal space got violated. Well, I can say that I’m already used to his presence and maybe it’s really better to have a man inside our apartment since only I and my y friend are the only people living here.

 

Do you agree?

 

I walked to the living room and sits on the single couch just beside Yuri’s ‘bed’. Holding a cup of tea, I pick up my phone and tried to take a picture of him while sleeping. Does he know that he has a weird sleeping habit? I tapped the camera icon and position my phone on him. Sadly, I failed. I forgot that he’s a ghost and his presence cannot be shown on the small device. But I just researched that some of the ghost can be seen in pictures, why not him? Ah, maybe because he’s not fully aware.

 

Suddenly, he twitched, sat up and yawned. I put down my phone and stared at him still with bed/couch hair. He looked at me with a sleepy face and smiles.

 

“Good morning, Ice Princess” Yuri speaks.

 

“Good morning to you too but I prefer Queen of Awesomeness” I smiled back

 

He snorts.

 

This jerk.

 

“What are we gonna do for today?” He asked

 

“It’s Saturday. As usual it’s grocery day”

 

He groaned and lay down to the couch again. He really hates grocery shopping since day one. You know why? The same reason, he cannot eat. He cannot munch the snacks and food that we bought. Seriously, I don’t really know how to resolve his food problem.

 

“I don’t want to go!” Now he whines like a kid.

 

“Oh, come on. Don’t be such a baby. If you’re not going with us later, I’m not going to give you your special request” I smirks and he suddenly bolted up from the couch and scoots closer to me with twinkling eyes.

 

“Where is it? Where is it?!” He shook the single couch that I’m sitting on excitedly.

 

Calm down! What the ?

 

“It’s a secret…” I scoffed.

 

“Oh come on, Jessica” He pouted.

 

Do you know what his special request is? He’s requesting me to buy him a PlayStation 4 so he wouldn’t get bored here in the apartment while I’m in the University. Actually, it’s understandable because he’s always left alone.

 

“So deal or no deal? Come with me.”

 

“Okay…..” He pouted “But, can I get it tonight?”

 

“Yes. I promise “

 

————

 

“Yuri’s playing for two hours already. Doesn’t he getting tired of pressing the controller?” Tiffany asked me while munching her fried chicken that we bought from a restaurant near the grocery store. I glanced on Yuri from the kitchen counter and he was really focused on playing the video game.

 

“Just let him. Finding his identity is stressing him so much and I wanted to comfort him with simple things.” I shrugged but I just earned a smirk from my bestfriend across me.

 

“You wanted to comfort him, huh? Jess, I’ve noticed something about you since Yuri entered your life.” Tiffany stated and took a bite on her chicken.

 

“What is it?” I asked as I dipped my chicken in the blue cheese sauce.

 

“You two always bickering around and bully each other. Aside from that, it’s very obvious that you also care for him so much” She stated

 

“We all care for him. Not just me” I reasoned

 

Tiffany put down the food that she’s holding on the plate and leaned in making our faces few inches from each other.

 

“Yes, we all care for him but you care for him differently. I’ve never seen you like that after you broke up with Taecyeon.” She squints her eyes on me like a prosecutor in action.

 

I cleared my throat and stared her back. “What do you mean that I care for him differently?”

 

“Tell me honestly. Are you falling for Yuri?” Tiffany asked me seriously

 

Oh !

 

What’s with the sudden question?

 

Am I falling for him?

 

Ahhh.... No?

 

Suddenly, I felt something weird inside me and it’s like everything became quiet and I can only hear my heartbeat that is not beating normally. It’s fast.

 

I don’t know.

 

Why can’t I answer Tiffany’s question?

 

I was about to open my mouth when we heard the doorbell rings. I immediately went down from the kitchen stool and rushed to the door and completely ignoring Tiffany’s question.

 

I opened the door and saw Taeyeon with a toothy smile crept on his face. “What’s up, Taeng?”

 

“I have a good news!” Taeyeon exclaimed and I opened the door widely and let the ‘tiny’ visitor come inside.

 

He headed on the living room and freaked out when he saw a video game controller floating above the couch. He still not use of seeing floating stuff even though he knows that it was just Yuri holding those.

 

“Hi, Yuri. Playing Call of Duty, huh?” Taeyeon sits on the other side of the couch and the ghost gets his note and writes something on it to reply with the visitor.

 

‘You wanna play with me, Taeng?’ Yuri offered.

 

“Sure. But let me tell you all the good news first.” He stated.

 

“What’s the good news, Taetae?” Tiffany walks to the living room holding a tray of snacks and glasses of juice.

 

Taeyeon gets something inside his jacket and gave me a piece of paper. A flyer?. So what is this ?

 

“DJ Hyo, Live at Seoul Club tonight” I read it firmly and raised my brow to the pale face.

 

“What’s is this?, Taeng?” I asked.

 

“You wanted to go clubbing tonight?” Tiffany asked too with a confused look.

 

“No..” Taeyeon shook his head vigorously and laughed.

 

‘Then tell us now, damn it’ Yuri put down his controller and wrote on his note.

 

“This is DJ Hyo. She can help us find Yuri’s identity. She’s also a Psychic. I visited her website last night and it was epic. She has many volgs and testimonies in her site about spirits and other supernaturals.” He explained

 

“Are you sure? What if she’s also a fraud? We met so many people claiming that they can help us but they’re just into our money” I asked again thinking about the credibility of the person that Taeyeon was telling us.

 

“A DJ/Psychic? Don’t you find it weird?” Tiffany tilts her head and pressed her lips firmly.

 

“How do you know if you never try?” He shrugged.

 

‘Then let’s go to the club tonight’ Yuri says

 

 

 

 

 

 

_______

 

Loud music, flashing lights, smell of alcohol and cigarettes smoke welcomed us as we entered the club. I’m kinda freaking out because I’m not really used to this kind of place. We went on the bar area and saw the person that can might help us. DJ Hyo was currently in her booth and all of the people wildly dancing on the dance floor.

 

“Martini?” Tiffany nudged me and offered me a cocktail glass.

 

“I was informed that DJ Hyo will be finished after an hour. So let’s enjoy the night for the mean time” Taeyeon stated and grove himself from the beat of the music.

 

“Wanna join us? Let’s dance!” Tiffany invited me to dance but I decline.

 

“I’m okay. Go enjoy”

 

And the couple went to the dance floor living Yuri and me behind.

 

“You don’t know how to dance?” Yuri asked beside me

 

“It’s not that I don’t know how to dance. I’m just not in my mood” I shrugged

 

“So you dance? Come on show me” Then Yuri started to dance in front of me.

 

I snorted

 

“Stop with the dirty dancing, Yuri yah”

 

“Yah! It’s not dirty dancing! You don’t just appreciate my talent!” He exclaimed and continue to move his body from the beat.

 

“You looked like a worm wriggling when sprinkled some salt. Stop it.”

 

“You’re boring” he sighs

 

This is going to be a long night.


 

After an hour, DJ Hyo ended her set and we rushed to her immediately. We pushed people out of our way just to get her attention. Sh*t. I was squished.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter