The Fine Arts Student

The Strange Encounter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Fine Arts Student

“What did you just say?” Glancing back at him, he looked at me with a serious face.



Did he indirectly tell me that I’m beautiful?
 


“He doesn’t deserve you. A real man shouldn’t hurt or treat woman like that. Woman should be treated like princess, not a toy that if you’re already get lost interest of it, you’ll throw it away. If you will ask me if I indirectly telling you that you’re beautiful, yes, because you really are. You deserve better”
 


He gave me a soft smile and his words made me feel good.
 


BUT!

 

He’s a sweet talker too, huh?

 

No way I’m going to fall with those words again! I had enough with those flowery s because of Taecyeon. I grabbed the pillow from my lap and aimed it to Yuri.

 

“What did I do again?!” He yelled while rubbing his arm.
 


“I’m not going to fall with your words.”

 

“Can’t you just accept complement? I’m just being nice!”

 

“I think you’re a Casanova too when you’re still alive, Yuri.”

 

“If I’m a Casanova, I should flirt with you already. But I’m not”

 

“Oh really?” I squinted my eyes at him “I just want you to know our boundaries, Yuri, if you know what I mean. I had enough”

 

He laughed. “Okay, no worries. I don’t have any intention to take advantage on you. You know my only intention to you, right? I understand”
 

“Good”


——
 

The next morning was a brand same/new day. Of course, I need to go to school and do some study s. Before I and Tiffany went outside our apartment, I simply left my extra phone with a small note on the centre table near the still sleeping ghost on the couch.
 


Yuri,
Call me if something happens. Speed dial is number 4. See you later, jerk.
JJ.



Entering our classroom, students were chatting and some of them were doing their personal business on their seats. I and Tiffany went to our respective seat and chat while waiting to our professor (luckily we’re sitting beside each other) when suddenly Taeyeon went in to our classroom and talk to us.
 


“Hi, girls!” He waved his hand while walking towards us.
 


“What are you doing here, Tae? You’re class is not  in this building.” Tiffany asks his boyfriend

 

“It’s too early and I’m sure my professor will be late today as usual. Did you know the new update regarding to Taecyeon?” He put his hand on our desk and scoots closer to us.
 


I and Tiffany glanced to each other before turning our head facing Taeyeon again. “No”

 

“Taecyeon needs to get skin drafting on his . The Labrador Retriever literally munched his callused like a burger patty. AY LMAO SHAWTY. HAHAHAHAHAHA”

 

And Taeyeon laughed hysterically inside the classroom like a old man. I wonder why Tiffany said yes to this kid.

 

“How much meat did the dog ate, Taetae?” Tiffany asked and was already laughing beside me.

 

“Quarter pound”

“HAHAHAHAHA”

“HAHAHAHAHA”
 


And their sanity gave up. Now, I realized why they became a couple.

 

I shook my head.

 

Moments later, our English literature professor entered the room to start the class. Taeyeon bid his goodbye and immediately went out of the room to go to his respective class. English Literature is one of my favourite subjects just like Tiffany. The subject is so easy, maybe because we were born in US?
 


“Class, bring out your reaction paper and you’re going to read it in front of the class, one by one” the professor announced.
 


Tiffany opened her file folio and took out her paper and placing it above of her desk confidently. I was confident too with my paper, I wrote it last night while Yuri was already sleeping in the living room so no one can actually disturb me. I opened my file folio to get my hardship when I found nothing!
 


I was snapped!

 

It can’t be missing. I tried to find it on every piece of sheets inside it and I still found nothing!

 

Tiffany notiiced me panicking and nudged me on my side.

 

“What’s wrong, J? You looked pale” she asked.

 

“My reaction paper is missing!” I gritted my teeth and clenched my hair thinking what I should do.
 


Oh No!

———

Yuri was peacefully asleep in the living room when he was startled and bolted up from sleeping from a phone ringing above the centre table.

 

“Fck. I’m sleeping!” He mumbles as he read the name showing on the screen of the mobile phone. He holds the phone up and noticed the small note attached on it.
 


He groaned and swiped the screen to answer the small device.

 

“Yes? Hello?” He mumbles

 

“YURI!”

 

Yuri winced and rubbed his palm on his ear because of sudden scream from the other line.

 

“WHAT?! DON’T FCKING SHOUT!”

 

“Don’t shout too!”

 

“What do you want? I’m still sleeping peacefully here” he whines

 

“Can you go inside my room?”

 

“For what?!”

 

“Just do it! What the fck!”

 

Yuri went inside the bedroom with his teleportation skills. “I’m here. Now what?” he said while already sitting above Jessica's bed.

 


“Can you see any paper with my handwritten on it? With the title of ‘Reaction on Mesopotamia History’? I left it there. Please go find it before I went back on the class!” Jessica exclaimed inside the restroom.

 

Yuri looks around the room but found nothing. “Are you sure it’s here? There’s no paper in here even your study table is clean.”

 

“Find it everywhere! I’ll wait for you here. You can teleport fast, right?”

 

“I’m not your slave!”
 


“Just do it! Damn it! I’m hanging up. Bye!”

 

“Wait-“

 

Jessica put her phone inside her pocket and washed her hands in despair. It can’t be. She can’t let the paper go missing. She took a deep breath and tried to recall where did she put the fcking sheet of paper. Suddenly, she received a messaage from Tiffany who was inside the r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter