Lucky

The Strange Encounter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lucky

I went back home carrying my books that I left at the restaurant and also bought takeouts. My unexpected visitor might be hungry. Do ghosts get hungry too? Duh. He sleeps like a human of course he gets hungry too or maybe not. I’ll give this to Tiffany.
 


He was still sleeping on the couch like a log when I checked on him on the living room. Rolling my eyes because what I’m seeing, I walked to the kitchen and placed the takeouts on the counter to get a drink.Suddenly, I heard the door opened. Oh, my y bff if finally at home. Wait, why is she so early? She says she needs to get out for her research paper. Holding a glass of water on my hand, I went to the living room to ask her about what happened to her errands.
 


“Tiff, how’s your—“
 


But I was frozen on what she’s about to do. She’s going to seat ON the sleeping ghost on the couch and ON his.... I screamed to distract her from sitting.
 


“DON’T EVEN TRY TO FCKING SIT!”

 

Yuri suddenly woke up in shock and fell his body on the floor; luckily he’s passing through humans so he literally passed through Tiffany and automatically splat flat on the floor. Tiffany stops, glaring at me on squatting position.

 

“, I own this couch too” she glares

 

“It’s okay now, go sit” I said with an awkward smile. Tiffany finally sits comfortably. I glanced on Yuri who pinned himself on the wall, mouth agape, and still in shocked.
 


Oh. My. Ghost.
 


He was still holding the pillow! It might look that it’s floating if Tiffany saw him! I signalled him to release the pillow from his hand and he did. It fell on the floor making Tiffany to look on his direction because of the sound.
 


“Weird, the pillow wasn’t there earlier “she mumbles as she stares on it and shrugs.
 


“Jess, what’s going on with you? Why you were not letting me to sit?” She turned her head to me still having her y face.

 

“I thought you have dirt on your pants and I don’t want to couch to get dirty. I was wrong. I think I need to consult an ophthalmologist.” I lied
 


“Ophthalmologist? You sure?” She smirks squinting my eyes to tease me again.
 


“” I rolled my eyes and went back to the kitchen “I will eat all of the takeouts that I bought. Go die in hunger”

 

“No! Sorry, I was wrong!”





We were on the kitchen counter digging our favourite snacks and street foods here in Seoul. Don’t you know that there are many great cheap foods around the city? You should try. Since we’re still students, we should budget our weekly allowance from our parents wisely.
 


“So. Why did come home so early?” I asked Tiffany while eating spicy rice cakes.
 


“Not great. I submitted my research paper our shiny baldy head professor but he returned it back because of a simple mistake” She groaned and took a bite.

 

Meanwhile, Yuri who was sitting beside me keeps on mumbling something. I simply glanced on his side and saw him staring at the plate.
 


“So, what’s the mistake? You’ve already compiled your papers.” I asks
 


“The egg bread looks good. So fluffy”

 

I heard Mr. Ghost whisper but I ignored him. I don’t want to Tiffany notice anything.

 

“I forgot to put ‘period’ on one of the sentences. For all the 100 pages of the research paper, why did he flip on that page? That’s ” she pouted “That baldy is a parasite to all business students around the campus”
 


“I know. Did you forgot that I’ve almost retake my exam because I forgot to write his full name on the test paper? Telling us that we should honour him?”

 

“Honour my ” Tiffany scoffs

 

“Cheesy lobster looks good too. It smells great. Oh the japchae looks appetizing!” Yuri exclaimed on my side making me more irritated.

 

Tiffany excused herself because her phone rang. She went on her bedroom to talk to his shorty boyfriend named Kim Taeyeon making me and this ghost left alone in the kitchen.

 

I sighed and looked at him “Yah! Why are you keeping on blabbering things while we eat? You’re disturbing us two.”
 


“I’m just envy ‘cos you eat well while me I can only smell but can’t eat. I can’t eat solid food. When I put it in my mouth, it just fell on the ground like there’s a hole in my stomach. ” He reasoned and whined like a kid.

 


“Ghost can’t eat?”

 

“I don’t know. I’m still not eating since I don’t know when” He pouted and played with his fingers above the counter. Poor him. That’s really .

 

He suddenly looked at me with bright eyes. “I have an idea. Give me your phone”

 

“My phone?”

 

“Yeah”

 

I handed him my phone and he started doing something in it.

 

“Are you connected to wifi?”

 

“Yeah...” Damn ghost know something about wifi? Oh, he’s searching on the browser.


“You know how to use it?” I asked raising my brow because of confusion. He didn’t answer me and just continue to search on the internet.

 

“This is . Can’t search anything on the internet.” He exclaimed.

 

“Even in wikiHow? ‘How to feed a ghost?’”
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter