Five ✘

Knight in Black Sneakers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This update is long overdue lmao. But I promised and NOMIN REALLY DROPPED A SELCA SO -- enjoy! This is the probably the longest chapter update I've ever wrote I mean it's just 3K but I usually just write 1-2K words per update.

 

WARNING: homophobia slur at the very end.

 

 

-

 

Jaemin was tired. No, Jaemin was exhausted.

 

 

He had been running errands for Jeno since the week started and the troublemaker doesn’t look like stopping any time soon. Jaemin wasn’t able to do any of his assignments because he did Jeno’s and it pissed him a lot. The only thing that he was thankful for this week is that his father never got mad at him for the past few days, he didn’t beat his already exhausted body too. The said man was busy because of the numerous cases of robbery and in their town that he barely come home for dinner.

 

 

Today is Friday and Jaemin can’t help but count the number of hours he still had for the day. He was in a hurry to go home even though he just arrived at their school. He was pretty sure he won’t be able to do any of his work here as long as Jeno’s lurking around so he planned on just borrowing books and going home. But he can’t do that until their dismissal even though they have no classes at all because attendances were being checked and a diligent student wouldn’t miss that.

 

 

Jaemin walked lifelessly in the hallways, thinking about the things he did for Jeno for the whole week. Ranging from simple errands to ridiculous ones, just for example that one time Jeno made Jaemin clean the bathroom near their classroom, or when Jeno made him distract the security guard at the gate of their school so him and his classmate could go out and ditch.

 

 

Jaemin reached his room and went inside without even raising his sight from the ground. He went directly towards his chair before putting his backpack down and slumping his head on the armchair to get a decent amount of sleep after a night of finishing Jeno’s homework and projects. Jaemin guessed some of those are make up projects for Jeno to pass his subjects, that boy is hopeless.

 

 

He just managed to close his eyes when he heard the familiar voice of his classmate calling his name which made him look up.

 

 

“Someone’s calling you outside Jaemin-ah!”

 

 

Jaemin groaned and unwillingly dragged his body towards the door. Unsurprisingly, Jeno was already waiting outside. He was (thank God), wearing his uniform a little bit more decently than before. It’s just that he wasn’t wearing his vest and he was still using that stupid sneakers of him when it’s obviously against the school rules. But when did Jeno ever cared about the school rules? Not that Jaemin cares.

 

 

He saw Jeno smirked the moment he saw him, shifting his feet and fixing his tie before he approached Jaemin. “Did you finish them?” He asked almost immediately.

 

 

Ugh someone’s morning could only be good when he’s about to ruin someone else’ morning.

 

 

Jaemin glared at him and came back inside wordlessly. He ped his backpack and gathered all of Jeno’s assignments before going out again to give them to the older. “Can you leave me alone now?” Jaemin asked boredly. He just wanna sleep right now and seeing Jeno’s annoying is the last time he wanted this early.

 

 

“No. You’re coming with me today.” Jeno declared, smiling from ear to ear.

 

 

Jaemin’s eyebrows furrowed. He dramatically crossed his arms on his chest and looked at Jeno weirdly. “And where are we going? I don’t want to miss attendance.”

 

 

“No not now. Later, I’ll come pick you up here again. Don’t run away or you’ll regret it. And ugh-- g-got to go” Jeno muttered before sprinting to his classroom even before Jaemin could open his mouth to decline.

 

 

The pretty boy just sighed for the nth time before rolling his eyes and turning his back, but was stopped when he heard Donghyuck’s voice calling him.

 

 

“Hey Jae! Why was Lee Jeno here?” Donghyuck had been away for most of the week since he’s a member of the choir and he was practicing for their performance next week for the foundation day. It had been awhile since he saw Donghyuck so he wasn’t able to tell the other about the things Jeno made him.

 

 

“To make my life a living hell, what else.” He answered lifelessly before kicking the door open and dragging his body towards his seat to get his hard-earned sleep.

 

 

 

 

Jaemin already knew that Jeno was good for nothing. Jeno’s name spelled backwards is TROUBLE with all caps. That’s given.

 

 

But when the blonde dragged him in an arcade in the outskirts of their small town (that his father clearly doesn't know) full of crackheads and weird-looking guys after their dismissal, all that Jaemin ever wanted was to erase Jeno’s existence in the face of the planet earth.

 

 

He tried to explain to the slightly older male that he needed to get home early (and miserably failed to convince him) because he has chores to do. When Jeno told him to just call his dad or something, he dropped the subject. Jaemin doesn’t want him to know more about his condition and relationship with his family because Jeno would surely take advantage of the new information like he did when he saw Jaemin trying to kill himself.

 

 

Jeno deemed that he was bored, that his friends wouldn’t accompany him so he brought Jaemin instead even though he knew that Jaemin isn’t a fan of this kind of place.

 

 

The brunette tried to walk pass the row of teenagers smoking and vaping while cursing at the machines they were playing with. Some turned their heads and watched them, some greeted and high fived Jeno. Some were looking at Jaemin like he’s some piece of fresh meat. He shrugged. He tried to make himself as little as possible, bowing his head just to hide himself from the scrutinizing eyes of these people.

 

 

He felt a harsh tugged in his wrist making him look up. Jeno had a hard expression on his face, tightening his hold even more before placing Jaemin before him. He felt the older’s body pressed at his back, too close for Jaemin’s liking.

 

“Chin up, broaden your shoulders. Stay close. The more vulnerable you’ll make yourself look, the more they’ll see you as a prey.” Jeno whispered over the blaring music behind him and Jaemin scurried to follow his orders.

 

 

They walked closely until they reached a bar counter where a tall guy with a large doe eyes wearing black tank top was standing while mixing drinks. Alcohol.

 

 

The guy was handsome, that type of guy who you’ll want to date if you’re in for some risk. His arms were muscular and Jaemin was sure the guy could throw him down easily if he wants to.

 

 

They approached the bar stools and Jeno cooly sat himself on one, catching the barista’s attention. “Yo Jeno! It’s been awhile since you came here man I thought you were dead or something.” The tall guy joked before his gaze fell on Jaemin. “And who’s this little cutie right here?”

 

 

Jaemin flinched when the two guys turned to him, gulping at the sudden unwanted attention.

 

The blonde tapped the stool next to him and Jaemin understood that he wanted him to sit and he did. He ducked his head low when the tall guy was still staring at him, feeling a bit uncomfortable. “He’s Jaemin, he’s my… personal assistant.”

 

 

The younger didn’t know if he should thank that Jeno still had shame and did not directly state that Jaemin is his slave -at least that’s what Jeno calls it when they’re alone- or get offended that Jeno had the audacity to tell people about how he’s treating him. Either way, he hated the sound of it.

 

 

“I’ve known you for so long that I can tell he’s doing this involuntarily. You scumbag, how can you treat this pretty boy like that Jeno-yah.” The tall guy reprimanded the boy which earned him a scoff. “Well hello there Jaemin! I’m Lucas, the owner of this arcade. Just come here whenever you want man, we’d be glad to have you here.” Lucas told him before winking at him, Jaemin held back a grimace.

 

 

“He’s the son of the town’s chief of police you jerk. Try hitting on him again and you’ll get your handed to you. I don’t think the cop would want you for his son especially that your business is everything that a cop’s job eliminates.” Jeno threatened with a smug look on his face.

 

 

Lucas was obviously caught off guard before he offered a sheepish smile to Jaemin. “Okay I’ll let this pretty boy slip out of my fingers but better not tell your dad kiddo.” He winked at him again before he poured beer unto the mugs and served two in front of Jeno and Jaemin.

 

 

He couldn’t even talk to his dad without him beating the out of him. How can he tell his dad that he went with Jeno in a place like this and found out the business running on here? That would put him into an even worse situation.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter