4 + 6

What We Need

April 2016.

 

"Nayoung's coming back to the dorm today," Hana states when everyone is gathered in the living room after breakfast. 

"Omo, it's today?" Hyeyeon asks, slightly surprised and anxious. 

"We'll probably act like we don't miss her at all," Mimi says and giggles. 

"That's so sad," Soyee answers Mimi but doesn't appear to feel any pity at all. 

Haebin laughs, "Well it has been less lively without three of them here."

"Which is quite a blessing, we didn't have a weird Nayoung hosting mirror ball parties," Mimi plainly replies, arousing laughter in the members. 

"Unnie, what are you making today?" Sally turns to Haebin. 

"But we just had breakfast," Hana turns to Sally with confused eyes. 

"Unnie said she might make something special since Nayoung unnie is coming home," Hyeyeon answers in place of Sally.

"Well maybe not, she's going to request for something herself," Haebin answers and chuckles.

"Well it's nice they gave us the day off to welcome Nayoung unnie back," Hyeyeon smiles. Just as she speaks, the girls hear the door unlocking. 

"Woah woah Kim Nayoung?" Mimi enthusiastically rushes to the door, and everyone follows. 

"Wait let's hide in the kitchen!" Hana hisses a loud whisper, and the rest agree with cheeky faces. 

Haebin sighs and releases a weak laughter as she watches the other five immediately run to the kitchen. Before she can make a move, the door opens. 

"Ah," Nayoung is stunned to see her alone. Haebin laughs inside. 

They share a short silence when their eyes meet.

"Kim Nayoung!" Haebin first calls out. 

Nayoung breaks into a smile. "Haebin ah!" she exclaims in return and throws a hug over the taller girl. 

"Miss me?" Haebin reciprocates the hug and asks with a chuckle. 

"It was hard without you," Nayoung first says. 

"Without a servant, right?" Haebin replies with a question. 

"Yahh!" Nayoung yells, "I was never so mean to you!"

"Don't yahh me! You're going to treat me like a servant now that you're back," Haebin says as they release the hug, with each an arm still around each other. 

"Hey, is it that hard to say you miss me?" Nayoung frowns. Haebin doesn't answer but merely laughs. "Anyway, where are the others?" giving up, Nayoung asks next. 

Amused, Haebin thinks, does she really not see them? She turns to the girls who are hiding behind the fridge. 

"Yahh Kim Nayoung!" / "Nayoung unnie!" Nayoung jumps in shock when multiple exclamations of her name startles her. She turns around with a surprised smile when everyone approaches her and wraps her in a group hug. 

"Welcome home!" Soyee says.

"Ne, I'm back," Nayoung smiles with little tears in her eyes. 

"Ah, Haebin said she'll cook something by your request today," Hana says when they settle in the bedroom. 

"I didn't say that!" Haebin protests immediately. 

"Ah jinjja? Gomawo Haebin ah!" Nayoung beams and exclaims excitedly. "I want-"

"See, you're treating me like your servant again," Haebin cuts her off. "Well, I'm not cooking, and please shower since you're smelly," she says next with a playful smile. 

"Yahh," Nayoung replies with slight annoyance, before everyone laughs together. 

When Nayoung comes out of the shower, Haebin is already at the kitchen counter. Nayoung cannot help but feel gratefulness overflowing her heart as she watches her friend chopping up some vegetables. 

"You're cooking-"

"Not upon your request," Haebin doesn't let Nayoung finish her sentence. 

"Yahh, you're interrupting me a lot today," Nayoung clicks her tongue. 

"Haven't got to do so for the past five months," Haebin reasons and turns around with a smile. 

"Gomawo," Nayoung thanks her out of the blue and gives Haebin another hug. 

"Ani," Haebin smiles and laughs. "You worked hard for five months," she softly says, "we watched you."

"Sejeong and Mina got in," Nayoung cannot help but say. "I didn't but that's okay," she says next, to Haebin's surprise, "I get to eat your food and have an actual mother waking me up every morning," she grins. 

Haebin doesn't say anything but lightly smacks Nayoung with an embarrassed smile.