1 + 6

What We Need

2015 September.

"Bora unnie," Hana looks up to see Haebin walking over. She pushes the sides of her lips and tries to smile, but fails drastically.

Haebin internally laughs, but is definitely still concerned for the new leader.

"So I'm called Hana now," she says, "it's nice that you got to keep your name, Haebin ah," she releases a short, bitter chuckle.

"Hana's a nice name too," Haebin seats herself down on the practice room beside Hana, and leans against the mirror like how the latter is doing. 

"They're making it louder, are they?" Haebin hears the negativity in her voice, "Emphasising that I'm the leader."

"It's not going to easy but unnie, please believe in yourself," Haebin encourages, but inside she's pleading. "I believe you can do it, unnie."

"I don't get it. Why me? I'm not even the oldest," Hana glares at her empty palms as she laments.

"Mimi unnie's the oldest," Haebin laughs as she reasons, though they haven't borne any hard feelings for the said girl. Haebin feels a glare from Mimi from afar, and they laugh together when their eyes meet. Mimi sort of understands what Haebin was trying to say. 

"You're next after me; why not you?" Hana asks, as if it were a matter of fact. "You're going to be the main vocal, you're a mother to the kids, you take good care of everyone," Hana says in a slightly harsh tone, turning away to let her hair hide her face.

"Or even Nayoung," Hana continues, "one of the first trainees here and she's got enough experience to lead everyone."

"Are you sure about that crybaby?" Haebin chuckles. Hana doesn't answer. 

"They wouldn't leave nine girls in your hands if they know you're going to fail," Haebin says, a little more assertively this time. "You can do it," she repeats.

"Why are you so certain?" Hana sighs.

"Because I've seen you since I came here," Haebin smiles, "You helped me open up as a trainee and we've grown closer; you've done the same for the others too, and I'm sure that's the leader they're looking for," Haebin once again hits her with the right words. Hana finds it utterly strange that Haebin can magically create some hope within her to make her believe in herself, even if it's just a little.

"I'm not as sure as you are," Hana sighs again.

"Gwenchanha unnie, time will show you how good you are," Haebin places an arm over the older girl as she speaks, "Hwaiting unnie!" she says and gives Hana a hug. "Saranghae," she casually adds.

"Gomawo," Hana earnestly replies, "Nado saranghae," and her smile finds her way back on her lips with that response.