9 + 6

What We Need

July 2017.

 

"Are the maknaes going to rush some homework in the night again?" Sejeong makes a passing comment as she walks by the living room.

"Yes, sadly," Mina answers.

"Hwaiting, kids," Sejeong flashes a grin, "Good night!"

"Good night unnie!" Hyeyeon exclaims cheerfully.

"Unnie hwaiting too! For your filming tomorrow," Mina replies with similar enthusiasm, before Sejeong disappears into the bedroom after a smile. 

"Mina unnie are you sure you're not going to fall asleep again?" Hyeyeon asks with a grin whilst laying her stationery out on the table.

"It's okay, Haebin unnie will carry me back in," Mina confidently replies, "I want to fall asleep here tonight so Haebin unnie can piggyback me in!"

The other members at the scene cannot help but burst into peals of laughter. Haebin chuckles with her eyes narrowed, amused by the maknaes' antics.

"Haebin unnie, sit beside me!" Mina eagerly calls out for the older girl and pats the space on the floor beside her. Haebin complies, laughing as she goes over to Mina's side.

"Stop stealing my umma, Mina unnie! Go back to Nayoung unnie!" Hyeyeon doesn't stand a chance to lose.

"Wae Hyeyeon-ah, can't I be your umma too?" Nayoung walks over and Hyeyeon's hair.

"Wek," Hyeyeon shows her disgust with a cringe.

"Wek," Haebin follows. 

"You're always so mean to unnie," Nayoung lets out her annoyance, to which Hyeyeon laughs and gives Nayoung a hug as a compensation.

As expected, when night falls in the dorm and the only light visible is from the living room for the girls who are rushing their work, Mina starts getting sleepy.

"Ahhh this Mina unnie," Hyeyeon mumbles and laughs.

"Mina yah, wanna sleep?" Haebin asks, looking down on the girl whose weight is already all onto Haebin. Mina has her head on Haebin's shoulder, and Haebin is technically acting as a pillar to literally support her body.

"Mm," Mina nods with a hum, before releasing a yawn.

"Unnie go in and sleep then, you're almost done anyway," Hyeyeon speaks, not joking this time.

"Unnie carry me again?" Mina asks with her eyelids already half-closed despite her lips still curved into a smile.

"Ahh you're such a baby," Haebin laughs, "Sure," she says and carries Mina up on her back.

"Don't cry this time Hyeyeon ah," Haebin says before bringing Mina in. 

Hyeyeon is relieved that Mina is already in dreamland to be able to accept Haebin's tease about the previous time. "Ne," she smiles with a thumbs-up gesture.

Haebin smiles and carries Mina in, then gently laying her on the bed. Haebin watches as Mina is peacefully asleep, and feels a gush of warmth in her heart for the young girl. 

"Good night Mina yah," she whispers with a smile and caresses the girl's forehead.