Chapter 3

Fake Start
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As the first rays of sun started to peek through the slightly opened curtains of the living room and hit his face, Chanyeol slowly opened his eyes, trying to adjust them to the brightness of the room. The curly boy had to look around a few times after realizing he didn’t wake up in his bed. He kept batting his eyelashes until every piece of the puzzle started to slowly combine with the others.

The club…

The k – kiss…

The rainstorm…

The strawberry tea…

Ding! Yes, he fell asleep on Baekhyun’s sofa the night before!

Now that he was finally fully-awake, Chanyeol realized something. First, he felt a sort of weight on his lap and second, he was holding something in his hand.

The older lowered his gaze, until it landed on a certain someone. Someone with messy blonde hair, who was peacefully sleeping with his head rested on Chanyeol’s legs and who was holding his right hand.

At the sight of that adorable scene, Chanyeol’s heart started to pound faster than usual, while a soft smile blossomed on his pink lips. “How can someone be this adorable?” Chanyeol wondered as he gently brushed off a few locks of hair from Baekhyun’s still closed eyes. Without even realizing it, the curly boy traced the line of Baekhyun’s cheeks with his thumb, witnessing how soft the younger’s skin felt under his touch. He then softly brushed Baekhyun’s lips, the same lips he kissed just the night before.

Baekhyun suddenly scrunched his nose, action that brought Chanyeol back to reality.

“Woah, w – wait! What am I even doing?!” the older thought as he quickly retracted is hand, worried to have woken up the sleeping boy.

Baekhyun, maybe because of Chanyeol, maybe because of the light that was getting brighter, slowly opened his eyes.

“Five more minutes…” the petite boy mumbled as he stretched his body while hugging tightly what he thought was his pillow and burying his face in it. Pillow which happened to be Chanyeol’s shirt.

The older let out a chuckle as he enjoyed the scene.

“I think it’s time to wake up, Baekhyun!” Chanyeol giggled as he squeezed the other boy’s hand.

 

Baekhyun stayed still for more or less five seconds, after which he opened his eyes wide, finding himself face to face with a familiar gray fabric. The moment he looked up and met Chanyeol’s smiling face, the younger felt his heart skipping a beat. In an instant Baekhyun lifted his head from the older boy’s lap, almost stumbling down the sofa, tumble prevented only thanks to Chanyeol’s great reflexes, thanks to which he managed to catch the other by his waist.

“Woah, watch out!” Chanyeol exclaimed as he helped Baekhyun straighten himself.

“T – thanks!” Baekhyun mumbled as he sat cross-legged on the sofa, his cheeks a crimson red shade. “I’m sorry! Yesterday I was tired, a – and I probably fell asleep without realizing it! I – it must have been uncomfortable for you, I didn’t mean to…” Baekhyun started to apologize at the speed of light. He would have probably continued for thirty minutes if it wasn’t for Chanyeol’s index finger pressed against his lips.

“Baek, slow down!” Chanyeol said, visibly amused, while Baekhyun’s heart fluttered at the way the older called him. “I slept like a stone! I didn’t notice where you were sleeping until I woke up! The fault is mine for falling asleep first last night! Sorry about that!” he continued clasping his hand together and bowing a little, an apologetic look plastered all over his face.

“You shouldn’t be the one apologizing Chanyeol!”

“And you shouldn’t neither! Let’s settle this as a draw!” Chanyeol suggested, playfully stretching out his right arm for a handshake.

“Deal!” Baekhyun replied smiling, giving Chanyeol’s hand a tight squeeze.

 

“It’s not like we want to interrupt you two love birds…” a voice coming from behind suddenly said, making Chanyeol and Baekhyun jump on their spots. “but Baekhyun, did you hide from us the fact you had a boyfriend, or did the two of you get this close within a night?”

The two boys directed their gazes towards the source of the voice, until they saw three guys looking at them with an amused look.

“Jongdae! What are you saying?! He – He’s not my boyfriend!” Baekhyun blurted, visibly embarrassed.

“Then how do you explain the fact that you brought him home and let him sleep here?” this time Luhan spoke out, giving them a questioning look.

“It’s not like that, I… wait.” Beakhyun started explaining, but stopped halfway as something suddenly popped in his mind. “Ya!” the petite boy exclaimed, standing up from the sofa.

“What do you mean “ya”?” Jongdae asked.

“I’m not the one who should be giving explanations! Not after what you did yesterday!”

“Wait, what did you do yesterday?” finally, a sleepy-looking Kyungsoo asked, glaring at the two boys who were standing next to him. Two loud gulps could be heard coming from the two boys in question.

“Uhm, actually…” Jongdae started as he slowly slid behind Luhan’s back, who took a few steps away from Kyungsoo.

“I’ll tell you what happened!” Baekhyun said with a pissed tone. “My two supposed best friends left me alone right after stepping into that club and never answered their phones despite my continuous calls. If it wasn’t for Chanyeol” he continued as he took Chanyeol’s hand and brought him next to him “I would have probably been kidnapped or still be wandering around in the cold!” he finished as a light shiver could be heard in his voice. Only thinking about that eventuality made Baekhyun feel scared.

“You two did what?!” Kyungsoo blurted incredulous, throwing daggers with his eyes towards Luhan and Jongdae. “How the hell could you leave him alone?”

“We’re sorry!” the two boys shouted simultaneously, the both of them giving a 90 degrees bow.

“You better should!” Kyungsoo said “You’re lucky we have a guest, otherwise things wouldn’t have gone as smoothly!”

“Oh!” Jongdae exclaimed as he raised his head. “Talking about our guest, we don’t even know your name!” he said looking towards the curly boy standing next to Baekhyun.

“My name is Park Chanyeol! Sorry for the sudden intrusion!” Chanyeol said with a sheepish smile.

“You didn’t intrude!” Baekhyun corrected.

“Baek’s right!” Kyungsoo added as he walked towards his direction. “My name is Do Kyungsoo, nice to meet you!” he said as he shook the taller’s hand. “Thank you for taking care of our Baekhyun!” he added, giving the blonde-haired boy a tight hug.

After all, Kyungsoo knew Baekhyun as well as his pockets. He knew how uncomfortable the boy must have felt in the club, and how much he must have trusted Chanyeol to even let him stay in their dormitory.

“We owe you one!” the raven-haired boy said as he and Luhan approached the small group. “My name is Kim Jongdae, I’m really thankful for what you did!” he said stretching out his hand and shaking Chanyeol’s.

“I’m really thankful too! Oh, and I’m Luhan, nice to meet you!” the honey-blonde boy said with a slightly Chinese accent, doing as his other two friends just did.

As his best friends introduced themselves to Chanyeol one after another, Baekhyun couldn’t help but smile brightly. He felt relieved by the fact everyone seemed comfortable around his friend.

“Now, shall we have breakfast? Are you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter