Chapter 1

Fake Start
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Ugh, I want to go home."

Baekhyun found himself repeating that same phrase for the tenth time since he stepped into the club. Noisy and smelly places aren't Baekhyun's thing and probably never will. He didn't like the overall atmosphere, not just a tiny bit.
That's why he kept asking himself why did he let two of his roommates, Jongdae and Luhan, drag him there.



"Baek, you can't spend another Saturday night in front of your laptop! That's why I decided you'll come with me and Luhan tonight!" was what Jongdae said before forcing him into a pair of tight black jeans.

"Kyungsoo does the same! Why don't you ask him instead?" Baekhyun asked pouting while trying to free himself from his loud roommate's grip on his arm.

"Because, unlike you, our lovely Kyungsoo would punch me even if I only dared to ask!" Jongdae replied.

"So wise of you!" Kyungsoo said, quietly enjoying the fuss from his seat on the comfy sofa.

"Kyungsoo~ a little help would be much appreciated you know?" Baekhyun whined as Jongdae struggled to slip a white turtleneck over the blonde haired boy.

"Do you really think I'd lose the first episode of the new season of Masterchef because of this?" the raven haired boy answered before taking a sip from is glass of cola.

"Come on Baek, how are you going to find a boyfriend if you keep locking yourself in the dormitory?" Luhan asked, while deciding which pair of shoes would suit Baekhyun's outfit the best. At the end the boy picked a pair of black Converse before giving them to Baekhyun, whose hair were now being skilfully combed by Jongdae.

" What makes you think I'm looking for one Lu?" Baekhyun asked back while tying his shoelaces. At that point there was no reason in struggling against his friends, once their mind was set on something, there's no way to make it change.
The blonde even let Luhan put some makeup on him. Nothing too fancy, just a light line of eyeliner and a pink tint on his lips.

" Becuase I don't understand how someone as pretty as you still doesn't have one! Look at you! You look amazing!" Luhan exclaimed as he took a good look of the other boy's face, or better, his masterpiece.

Baekhyun stood up from his seat and settled in front of the mirror.

"Woah.." he whispered once he saw his reflection. It had been a while since he dressed up to go out, and well, he had to admit that he looked ok.
Actually, maybe a little better than just ok.

"Well then, we're off to go! Kyungsoo, don't stay up too late! Bye!" Chen said, recievjng a nod from the black-haired boy, who was already immersed in the program playing on his laptop.

Without leaving him the time to change his mind, Luhan and Chen dragged Baekhyun out of their dormitory. They hopped on Luhan's car, directed towards one of the city's club.


Baekhyun sighed another time as he recalled the fast series of events which brought him to that place.
"Why did they even bring me here if they were going to leave me alone!" Baekhyun hissed between his thoughts.
In fact, as if bringing him to that noisy club wasn't already enough, his two friends even disappeared in less than five minutes, leaving the blonde by himself. "If people see you with us they'll think you're already taken!" was their explanation before sprinting into the crowd of dancing people.

That's how Baekhyun ended up awkwardly standing in a corner of the room, while fidgeting with the hem of his shirt.

Fortunately, Baekhyun already had a plan to escape. If his calculations weren't wrong, the program Kyungsoo was watching should finish in no more than 15 minutes. He'll just wait a bit and call his friend, begging him to go pick him up. Since Kyungsoo hates discos, he was 100% sure that the boy would be understanding and bring him home.

Unfortunately, luck wasn't on Baekhyun' s side that night.

As the blonde haired boy checked his watch for the tenth time, someone stopped right in front of him. Baekhyun lifted his gaze until it met a pair of brown eyes, belonging to a guy slightly taller than him.

"Hey beauty! What are you doing all alone?" Said guy asked smiling as he took a step towards Baekhyun.

"Great. Like I was in the mood to deal with a random guy" Baekhyun though annoyed.

"Uhm, nothing.. I don't really like dancing, so here I am.." Baekhyun shrugged forcing a small smile, immediately taking a step back. That guy was way too close for his likings.

" If you don't like dancing what about having a drink with me?" the guy continued. He wasn't going to leave that easily.

"Thanks but I don't really like drinking neither" Baekhyun said while scratching the back of his head. He was feeling uncomfortable, not being used to deal with strangers.

"Oh come one baby, it's my treat!"

"Did he really just call me baby? Gross." Baekhyun though as a grimace appeared on his face.

"I told you I don't want to drink. Go ask someone else!" the blonde said, visibly pissed.

"Why are you playing hard to get? I just want to have a little chat!" The guy continued as he once again took a step towards Baekhyun.

On the other hand, the blonde started to panick. He didn't like the situation he was in, not one bit.

"U - uhm, actually, I'm waiting for someone!" Baekhyun stuttered while trying to keep his composure.

"Oh really? It doesn't look like that to me" The guy didn't seem convinced at all by his excuse.

Baekhyun quickly took a glance around the room, hoping to spot his friends between the crowd.
No trace of them. Great.

"So, who are you waiting for?" The guy kept insisting.

"I - I'm waiting for.. Oh, I'm waiting for my boyfriend!" Baekhyun exclaimed.

"What the hell am I even saying. Good, well done Baekhyun, you couldn't have come up with a dumbest excuse!" blonde mentally facepalmed himself.

"Your boyfriend you say? It sounds like an excuse to me!" the guy said lifting an eyebrow.

"An excuse you say? Look! My boyfriend is right there!" Baekhyun exclaimed, pointing a random spot with his index without even looking.

Both Baekhyun and the guy followed the imaginary line made by the point of his finger, until their gaze landed on a tall guy with curly hair.

"Prove it!"

"Just you wait!"

Baekhyun started walki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter