Soulmates

SR's Oneshot Collection

In which anything that a soulmate draws on their bodies, it would appear on their destined half as well.


 

Yerin stared at her forearm for the nth time. She let out a small sigh. When is it going to appear, Yerin thought.

Ever since her 21st birthday last year, she began noticing drawings, words and sometimes just random doodles on her arm. At first, she thought it was her friends who had been drawing on her arms as a joke, but one day while she was trying to finish an assignment to squeeze in some game time before bed, she felt something ticklish on her arm and noticed some words slowly taking shape on her skin. by , the words pieced together.

어디야?

Yerin couldn't believe her eyes. Am I dreaming? She rubbed them once and looked at her arm. It was still there. She ran a finger over the words. There wasn't a bump at all, almost as if it was tattooed on her skin. Yerin rubbed at the words but it wouldn't come off. She fought the urge to scream and wake the entire neighbourhood and closed her eyes, trying to calm her breathing and pounding heart. It will go away soon, she thought to herself before trying to finish her assignment but was unable to do so due to the question nagging at her after seeing those words. Is someone looking for me?

 

════════════ ⋆★⋆ ════════════

 

Eunbi was bored as usual at night. Her homework was completed and there wasn't much to do. All of a sudden, her thoughts drifted to this story that Yewon told her about. She never really believed in soulmates and thus never thought much about it, taking the story with a pinch of salt because it was absolutely absurd. Who on earth would believe that by writing on your own skin, the exact same thing will appear in the exact same place on your so-called soulmate's skin? Eunbi had no idea what made her decide to believe this absurd legend that Momo had told her but she did it anyway. She got up from her bed and walked to her desk, scanning the surface for a pen. She found one under a stack of papers and sat down on the swivel chair. Eunbi uncapped the pen and began writing neatly on the underside of her left forearm.

어디야?

She stretched out her arm to look at her handiwork and waited in silence for a few seconds. Tch, nothing happened. Should have known than to expect more from some story, Eunbi huffed and capped her pen, slotting it into the pen holder, she packed up her desk before heading to sleep.

After that incident, Eunbi didn't bother trying again. Her absent-mindedness also helped her to forget about that baseless story and moved on with her life.

Eunbi had always been an artistic person. Her drawing wasn't the best but it was still pretty decent. Her handwriting was also praised by her lecturers for being neat and tidy. It was another ordinary day during a particularly boring lecture that Eunbi began to doodle random patterns on the back of her hand. Her pen glided smoothly over her skin as she began drawing the first thing that came to her mind.

 

════════════ ⋆★⋆ ════════════

 

Yerin was staring blankly at the whiteboard, occasionally glancing at the clock on the wall. Can't time pass faster, Yerin sighed. She was about to rest her head on the table when she noticed some lines forming on the back of her hand. Yerin's eyes lit up and she was delighted to see the drawing. She had heard of the legend about drawings and soulmates and as absurd as it sounds, she believed it wholly. Yerin let her left-hand rest on the table as she propped her head up with her right hand and began watching the lines that were rapidly growing on the back of her left-hand form into an outline of a rose. To Yerin, it was oddly calming to see random lines join and overlap one another to create a piece of art, the minor tingly feeling was a bonus too. Before long, the rose was complete and small details were being added. She must be a really good artist, Yerin thought to herself dreamily. When there were no new details added, Yerin knew the little show was over. She was about to concentrate on the lesson when she felt something tingly on her wrist. She flipped her hand over to look at the words forming on her wrist.

황은비

Hwang Eunbi. That must be her name.. Eunbi, Yerin thought. What a beautiful name...

Just then, Yerin saw her lecturer look at her. She straightened up and pretended to look as if she had been listening to whatever formula he had been explaining. The lecturer narrowed his eyes at her but said nothing.

 


 

The bell rang, signalling the end of class and students poured out from the lecture halls. Yerin and Sojung decided to wait till the crowd lightens up before catching the bus home. Yerin was sitting on the table, swinging her legs back and forth while thinking about the name on her wrist. She brought her hand up to look at the rose and name. It was still there but was significantly lighter than when it first appeared.

“Hey Sojung, do you believe in that story where drawing on your skin will make the same thing appear on your soulmate's skin?” Yerin asked her best friend.

“I believe it. Afterall, that's how I met Eunha.” Sojung hummed. “Why the sudden question? Don't tell me you have drawings appearing on your skin.” Sojung said and looked suspiciously at Yerin.

“Yea... It started since my birthday last year.” Yerin said and showed Sojung the rose and the name. Just looking at it and feeling the characters under the pad of her thumb makes her feel like there are butterflies fluttering all around her insides. Might be a soulmate thing, Yerin thought.

“Hwang Eunbi eh?” the older girl repeated.

“Yea... Why? Do you know her?” Yerin asked excitedly.

“Well... I know that the girlfriend of Eunha's friend has a friend named Eunbi, but I'm not too sure if its the same Eunbi.” Sojung said, rubbing her chin in thought.

Yerin's eyes widened. Could it be?

“Do you think... uhm...” Yerin started shyly. She fiddled with the hem of her uniform. Sojung who was always quick with reading people and caught on quickly with what Yerin wanted to do.

“No problem. I'll just ask Eunha about it.” Sojung said with a wide grin.

“Thanks, giraffe~” Yerin sang and returned the smile and earned her a playful punch on the shoulder from Sojung.

 

════════════ ⋆★⋆ ════════════

 

“Yerin?” Sojung walked into the dance practice room. Yerin always went to the practice room when she wanted to be alone. The dancer was laying on the floor when she noticed her friend's presence. She quickly got up and switched the jazz music off.

“I asked Eunha about that Eunbi. She said her good friend does have a friend called Eunbi so I asked if we could meet up.” Sojung explained.

“Alone?” Yerin raised her brows. She didn't think she was ready to meet her soulmate all alone. She needed moral support.

“No, silly. Eunha and I will accompany you to meet Eunbi. Besides, Eunbi has met the both of us before so things won't really be awkward. We'll just play this off as introducing a friend then we'll see how we can work things out from there.” Sojung said and Yerin let out a breath of relief which caused the older girl to laugh.

“You didn't think I would let you walk into a warzone alone would you?”

“Well, you never know,” Yerin said playfully.

“Aish. We”ll be hanging out at the cafe near the mall tomorrow at around 11 am so don't be late.” Sojung said.

“Ye, mom.” Yerin grinned.

Sojung was about to let the dancer rest when she remembered something and quickly spun back to face Yerin before the latter turned the music back on.

“Wait, Yerin!” Sojung said just before the other girl could press the play button. The younger girl arched an eyebrow.

“Have you tried writing back?” Sojung asked.

“Writing back? To who? Did I get a letter?” Yerin asked, feeling a bit confused.

“No you dumb duck, your arm. If you didn't know it already, it works both ways. If she draws on her arm it appears on you but it also works the other way around.” Sojung said. “You had no idea, don't you.” the girl concluded after seeing a mixture of shock and realization on Yerin's face.

“Really? I'll try it right now!” Yerin said and made a dash for her bag which was around the corner. She quickly ped it and took out her pencil case, hands shaking with excitement as she fumbled for a pen. She fished out a black pen and hurriedly ran back to Sojung while uncapping it.

“Quick unnie what should I say?” Yerin was bouncing on her heels.

“Uh, maybe try drawing something?” Sojung said.

Yerin scrunched her eyebrows in serious thought.

“Anytime now...” Sojung mumbled.

As if there was a lightbulb that lit up above Yerin's head, the girl started drawing on her wrist. She smoothly glided her pen over the skin on her wrist, careful not to make a mistake. She coloured it in, added some details and voila, her little masterpiece was done.

She proudly shoved her wrist in Sojung”s face. The latter looked at it for a second and burst out laughing.

“Your beloved soulmate presented you with a rose and you gave her a jibang?” Sojung said, grasping at her stomach. Yerin frowned.

“I tried okay. Besides, I love jibangs, so why not? Oh, I should write my name too.” Yerin said.

Sojung wiped the tears from the corner of her eyes but stopped the girl.

“Don't write your name just yet. It will make things awkward for me and Eunha if you guys meet tomorrow and start with your dating or something. Also helps if you tell her in person rather than realizing who you are the moment you introduce yourself.” Sojung said.

Yerin pondered for a moment and decided to go with her trusty advisor's words.

“Alright, I need to get going before Eunha chews me out for being late. See you tomorrow! And don't be late!” Sojung said as she left the room.

 


 

Eunbi was on the bus back home when she felt a tingly feeling on her wrist. Not thinking much about it, she unconsciously scratched without looking but the feeling remained. She looked down at her hands resting on her laps and saw a shape forming on her wrist.

Wait. Hold on a minute. I’m not dreaming here, am I? Or is this some illusion?

Eunbi watched as the shape of a little jibang appeared on her wrist. She waited to see if anything else would happen, maybe a name but there was none.

So it is real? Whatever that I’ve been drawing was seen by my soulmate and the person that has been seeing the drawings is responding in a way?

Eunbi almost missed her stop but lunged from her seat to press the doorbell. She mindlessly got off and walked back to her apartment that she shared with Yewon.

“Hey Eunbi, you’re home,” Yewon said from the couch as she heard the beep from the electronic lock. Not hearing a usual cheerful response, Yewon turned around and saw Eunbi, seemingly deep in thought.

“Hey, what are you thinking about?” Yewon asked and snapped her fingers in front of Eunbi’s face which made the other girl jump. Eunbi just raised her hand at Yewon which made the latter think she was going to get slapped so she stepped back. Seeing that Eunbi remained motionless on the spot, she realized that there was a cute drawing of a jibang on Eunbi’s left wrist.

“Aww how cute...” Yewon cooed as she held Eunbi’s hand to closer inspect it.

“It’s from my soulmate,” Eunbi mumbled and her friend looked at her in shock.

“I told you it was real. You never believed me...” Yewon pouted as she let go of Eunbi’s hand.

“How would I know it was real? Who would believe such an absurd story?” Eunbi said and flailed her hands around.

“Well, what are you going to do?”

“I don’t know...”

Just then, Yewon’s phone vibrated on the coffee table, she walked over and took the call. Eunbi watched as her friend’s expression change from puzzled to surprised and to a really creepy smile before ending the call.

“Well, Yuna just called. She said that Eunha and Sojung miss you and want to catch up over coffee. They will also bring a friend if you don’t mind.” Yewon said.

“Yea, sure... Anything is fine...” Eunbi nodded without really processing what Yewon said, her mind was still occupied by the fact that the story was not some myth and that her soulmate had actually “contacted” her for the first time.

 

════════════ ⋆★⋆ ════════════

 

“Eunbi! Get up or you’re gonna be late!” Yewon said as she hopped onto Eunbi’s bed. The sleeping girl groaned and was about the pull her blanket over her head when Yewon quickly got off and pulled the entire blanket off the bed. Eunbi growled. Stupid kid and her fast reflexes.

“What is it? It’s only like...” Eunbi reached under her pillow and pulled out her phone to check the time. “9:30 am?”

“You have a brunch appointment with Sojung and Eunha, remember?” Yewon asked.

Eunbi’s eyes widened.

“I knew you’d forget so I came to wake you up. It’s at 11 so you better hurry~” Yewon sang and tossed Eunbi her blanket back before twirling out of the room.

Eunbi immediately got up and proceeded to get ready. She came back to her room and was about to throw on something very casual when she remembered that the couple will be bringing a friend that she never met before. I should make a good first impression then...

She walked over to her closet and opened both doors. She stepped back and looked at all the clothes she had. Simple and stylish it shall be.

The brunette changed into a white button-up and black jeans. She looked at herself in the mirror and rolled her sleeves to her elbows before tucking the front of her shirt into her jeans. Perfect.

“Yewon, where’s the café again?” Eunbi asked as she slipped on a pair of white Adidas.

“It’s near the mall we always go to,” Yewon said without taking her eyes off the game she was playing on the Xbox.

I better write the address down before I forget, Eunbi thought. She walked back to the coffee table and grabbed a pen to scribble the address down before leaving the house.

 

════════════ ⋆★⋆ ════════════

 

Yerin had been awake since 8 am. She knew it was too early but she was just too excited to sleep. She was now staring at her closet after taking a shower, trying to put together a presentable outfit. Eventually, she decided to go with a light blue denim jacket over a white shirt matched with black jeans.

Just then there was a car honk from outside the house. Yerin quickly grabbed her phone, wallet and keys before sliding to the balcony. She slipped on a pair of white shoes and was out of the house in no time.

“Morning.” Yerin greeted as she hopped into the back seat of Eunha’s car.

“Morning. Someone looks happy. Did something appear?” Sojung teased as Eunha pulled out of the driveway and began the drive to the café.

“Nope.”

“This is oddly exciting! Almost as if it’s our first-time meeting.” Eunha giggled.

Suddenly, Yerin felt the familiar tingle on her palm. She brought her palm up to see a neat string of words forming. It was the address to the cafe that they were going to right now.

“Uh, guys,” Yerin said. Sojung looked back from the front seat.

“What? Is something wrong?” Sojung asked, looking at Yerin who was staring at her palm.

“Look.” was all Yerin said and showed Sojung her palm.

“Looks like the Eunbi we’re going to meet is your Eunbi, Yerin-ah,” Sojung said and beamed like a proud mother at the girl who had a stunned look on her face. Eunha glanced at Yerin through the rear-view mirror and her lips curved upwards.

“What do I do then? How should I introduce myself? Am I supposed to tell her the moment we meet?” Yerin was freaking out in the backseat and Sojung didn’t know whether to laugh or feel worried for her best friend.

“Calm down Yerinnie, you got this. Besides, we’ll be there. You can think of what to do while we catch up with her. Just introduce yourself like how you normally would with strangers.” Eunha said as she cut the engine. They had already reached the cafe.

Yerin took a deep breath. Inhale. Calm and collected. Exhale.

“Yeah, I got this,” Yerin said and they got out of the car.

The trio walked into the cafe and sat down at a far end where they can have their privacy. Yerin was playing puzzle games on her phone to calm her nerves. Eunha and Sojung were leaning over the table to watch a video on the latter’s phone. They each had one side of the earpiece in their ears.

“How sweet... I think I’m getting diabetes...” Yerin muttered as she glanced at the couple. Yerin had made Sojung sit beside her so that it would be less awkward as compared to sitting beside Eunbi. Although Yerin said it was so that she could have a better view of her soulmate’s face, Sojung knew that it was an excuse and she just wanted safety and comfort.

Sojung who heard her looked up from her phone and grinned.

“One day you’ll be giving us diabetes too.” Sojung stuck out her tongue at Yerin and looked back at her phone. Just then, the bell above the cafe door chimed as someone walked in. A brunette walked hurriedly towards the trio and sat down beside Eunha and the scent of yuzu mixed with pomegranate engulfed the table. The only person who was surprised by her entrance was the girl sitting opposite the blonde.

It was as if time slowed down the moment the girl sat down across the table. Yerin couldn’t blink as her eyes were glued to the charming girl. Yerin never felt this focused on something in her life. Suddenly her senses were all wide awake and every detail of the blonde seem to be burned into her brain.

The way her hair fell perfectly across shoulders, those attractive collarbones that peeped through the neckline of the button-up and her flawless pale skin with sharp features. The blonde had an aura of exquisiteness and mystery which made Yerin want to know more about her. Much, much more.

“Sorry I’m a little late, the bus was stuck in traffic.” the girl huffed and set her belongings down on the table.

Yerin had one more thing to add to that list of perfection, her smooth and low voice. Yerin wouldn’t mind listening to the other girl talk for hours, even if it was worthless rambling.

“No worries, we just got here anyway,” Eunha said with a smile.

“Oh yes, this is our friend,” Sojung said and elbowed Yerin to pull the girl out of her daze. She noticed that her friend had been staring intently at the brunette and was sure that Yerin was already head over heels the moment Eunbi sat down.

“Oh, right. I’m Jung Yerin. Nice to meet you.” Yerin said and bowed, forgetting that she was sitting and almost banged her forehead on the table which made Eunbi crack a smile.

“Nice to meet you Yerin. I’m Eunbi, Hwang Eunbi.” the smiling girl said and extended her hand for a handshake which the other girl took almost immediately. Eunha and Sojung who watched the exchange, looked at each other knowingly and then at Yerin who was fighting the urge to fidget in her seat.

“So uh, drinks? They’re on me since we haven’t met in a long time.” Eunha asked and looked around the table.

“I’ll just have an iced latte, thanks, unnie,” Eunbi said gratefully.

“Caramel frappe for me, thanks.” Yerin smiled.

“I’ll help you get the drinks,” Sojung said and pulled Eunha to the counter.

“So... Yerin-ssi, where are you studying?” Eunbi asked, trying to make some small talk.

“SNU. You?”

“Ah, I’m taking a gap year before going to college. I just graduated last year.”

“I see. Do you… like drawing?” Yerin asked and the girl’s eyes widened.

“How did you know?” Eunbi asked, seemingly surprised.

“Oh you know, just a guess. You look like an artsy person.”

“Ah, well I’m not that good of an artist. I would say I’m better at performing arts like dancing. How about you?”

“My drawings are honestly something that shouldn’t be seen by anyone.” Yerin chuckled.

“Oh? Let me be the judge of that.” the brunette said and took a pen out of her pocket. She quickly jogged over to the napkin dispenser and snagged a napkin before returning to the table. She placed the pen on the napkin and pushed it towards Yerin.

“Draw anything you wish. You don’t look that bad in art. You kinda have an artistic vibe.”

“If the artistic vibe includes performing arts then yeah I do have the vibe,” Yerin said as she picked up the pen.

“Oh?” Eunbi arched an eyebrow.

“I learnt hip-hop and contemporary dance before.” Yerin explained and the girl’s mouth curved into a little “o” in awe.

I’ll just draw the exact same jibang. That should be an obvious hint.

Yerin drew the jibang while subtly looking up at the girl across the table who was eyeing the drawing intently. The girl had furrowed her eyebrow as if she was in deep thought and Yerin knew she remembered. Without letting the other girl notice, Yerin tilted her left hand which was holding the napkin slightly upwards towards herself to check if the address was still there. Good, it still is.

Yerin finished the drawing and looked up at Eunbi who looked really bothered by it.

“What’s wrong? Is it really that bad?” Yerin asked, pretending to be oblivious.

“Oh, no. The drawing isn’t that bad. I just find it somewhat familiar.” Eunbi said. Almost the same as the one that was from my apparent soulmate...

“Drinks are here,” Sojung announced as Eunha placed the tray on the table.

“What did you two talk about?” Eunha asked as she sipped her drink.

“Just some small talk on where we’re studying and stuff,” Yerin replied.

Sojung, Eunha and Eunbi began catching up while Yerin listened. It seemed that Eunbi was the best friend of Eunha’s best friend’s girlfriend. Such a coincidence, Yerin thought as she stared at Eunbi who was actively conversing with the couple.

“Hey Eunbi, what do you think of Yerin?” Eunha asked which caught both girls off guard.

“Eh, Yerin’s pretty nice. A little on the quiet side but she’s nice. Very friendly too so I feel like wanting to know her better.” Eunbi said truthfully. Yerin’s heart rate couldn’t help but speed up when she heard Eunbi wanted to know more about her and she was more than willing to tell the older girl everything she wanted to know.

The couple exchanged knowing glances.

“Shall we go to the mall? I haven’t been there in a long time.” Sojung beamed and clasped her hands together in delight.

“Yea! I think I need to get some lip tint too.” Eunha said and slung her bag over her shoulders.

“Shall we go?” Eunbi stood up and stuffed her belongings into her pockets. It was then that Yerin realized they seemed really alike. Neither of them had brought a bag and they were dressed rather similarly too. Definitely soulmates, Yerin sniggered to herself.

“Let’s go!” Sojung sang and led the way to the mall.

 

════════════ ⋆★⋆ ════════════

 

“Let’s split up and meet back here in an hour or two yeah? Then we can all do the things we like.” Sojung said before tugging at her girlfriend’s shirt, pulling her to leave without waiting for Yerin or Eunbi’s answer. The two girls just watched their friends walk off happily.

“Looks like it’s just you and me now,” Yerin said shyly.

“Yeah. Let’s walk around and talk.” Eunbi said, taking a small step forward. Yerin smiled and followed her.

“So Yerin, what do you like the most?” Eunbi asked as they strolled by the shops.

“Ducks?”

“Ducks?” Eunbi giggled. Your laugh is music to my ears. “I would have thought it was something else,” Eunbi said, still amused.

“What about you?” Yerin asked as her eyes caught sight of a game store ahead.

“Hmm… I have this penguin plush that I really like at home.” Eunbi said.

“Uh, could we go in there?” Yerin asked awkwardly and pointed at the shop.

“Sure.”

They walked into the shop and the cashier behind the desk smiled and nodded his head at the pair, acknowledging their presence. They returned the gesture before proceeding to roam around the store.

Yerin was looking through the racks of shooting games when she found something that caught her interest. Her eyes lit up as she pulled a disc case out of the shelf.

“You like games a lot it seems?” Eunbi said.

Yerin looked up from reading the back of the case to look at the other girl who was leaning against the shelf with her arms crossed over her chest, a slight smile played across her face.

“I guess,” Yerin said with a small smile.

“That’s cute” Eunbi chuckled and walked over to look at the disc in Yerin’s hand. Something within Eunbi pulled her towards Yerin, a feeling that Eunbi couldn’t describe but she felt the need to be close to the older girl.

“You want that?” Eunbi asked.

“This? No, just looking through. If I get any more I think Sojung is going to kill me.” Yerin said and slid the game back onto the shelf where she took it from. They walked over to the toy section and they saw a very familiar dark brown wand.

“Oh hey!” Eunbi perked up and walked over to pick the wand up.

“I love Harry Potter.” the brunette said, not taking her eyes off the wand, twirling it around her fingers.

“Really?” Yerin couldn’t help but laugh at the image that popped up in her mind. Eunbi with her non-prescription round glasses holding a wand with a Harry Potter scarf and cloak sitting in front of the television with a very serious face.

“Is it that funny?” Eunbi raised an eyebrow at Yerin who was holding on to the shelf for support.

“No, it’s not but I had this image of you all decked out in Harry Potter gear on an intense movie marathon,” Yerin explained.

“You know that was actually true?” Eunbi said and Yerin stopped laughing. Wait, was that image in my head exactly what happened? Is mind reading a thing with soulmates?

“Yerin? You alright?” Eunbi asked seeing that Yerin had this look of panic on her face.

“Oh, yea it’s nothing.” Yerin brushed it off. Freaky.

They walked around the display section before walking out, not forgetting to bow to the staff at the counter.

“Where to next? It’s your turn since I already went into a shop of my choice.” Yerin said, looking at the younger girl. The younger girl looked around and walked over to a directory with Yerin trailing behind. Eunbi looked through the list of shops, seriously contemplating which shop to go to. Why does her thinking face look so attractive?

“Ah! Let’s go to this one!” Eunbi said, pointing at a shop on the list and without a thought, held Yerin’s hand and pulled her along. Yerin felt like her heart was going to burst at the rate it was pumping and she was sure she looked exactly like the emoticon with the heart-shaped eyes.

Eunbi only realized what she was doing when they reached the entrance of the shop and let go of Yerin’s hand. Eunbi mentally slapped herself. Why did I do that?

Yerin pouted when the warm hand slid out of her grasp but she remembered that they just met and she didn’t want to be creepy or clingy so she exercised some self-control. Eunbi had brought her into a clothes store but after seeing that there was nothing particularly eye-catching, they exited and continued to stroll.

“Eunbi?” Yerin asked and the said girl hummed. “Do you believe in soulmates?”

“Yeah, I do. I never did actually, I always thought it was just a myth but yesterday I got a “reply” from my soulmate so yeah... Do you?”

“I always believed in it. Sojung and Eunha are living proof anyway. --” Yerin paused. “--Do you know your soulmate’s name?” Where did I get the courage to ask that?

“No, I don’t... But I think my soulmate knows my name. I wrote it on my wrist before.” Eunbi frowned.

“I--” Come on. You can do this. “--I think I know who your soulmate is,” Yerin said in one breath.

“You do? Who?” Eunbi asked, visibly surprised.

Just say it, don’t be a coward

“It’s me,” Yerin said and let out the breath she was unconsciously holding.

“You?” Eunbi’s expression morphed from curiosity to one of shock.

Yerin raised her palm which still had the address written on it and Eunbi covered . The shorter girl only looked down at her white shoes, not daring to give eye contact to the other girl before her.

I guess I’m not the one she was expecting...

Yerin was ready to turn around and leave, accepting her fate that maybe being soulmates doesn’t mean that they had to necessarily like each other and that they would definitely be together. Like they say, first love always hurts the most.

Eunbi’s hand dropped from and she stepped forward so fast Yerin thought she was about to get slapped. She squeezed her eyes shut and braced herself for the hit, only to feel a warm body pressed against her front and arms that wrapped around her form.

Wait. What?

The first thing that came to Yerin’s mind was that she didn’t get slapped which was a great relief since she didn’t think she could stand the embarrassment of everyone looking at her. The second thing was, Holy crap! She’s not mad!

Yerin had to do something. She couldn’t leave the girl hanging so she wrapped her arms around the other girl’s waist and she felt the other girl exhale. Probably relieved I didn’t freak out

They just stood there in each other’s embrace for a couple seconds before they pulled away to avoid the stares of the other mall goers.

“I should probably make a confession too. I had a feeling it was you. Since the moment I saw you at the cafe I felt like it was you. Something in me made me gravitate towards you. I felt like I had to be with you somehow. When you drew the jibang, I was even more sure than ever.” Eunbi said and Yerin laughed at the mention of her signature jibang.

“Sojung told me not to write my name so I could tell you in person which would be sincerer,” Yerin said and rubbed the back of her neck.

“Well... I guess this is the start of a spectacular and special friendship?” Eunbi grinned and Yerin nodded, lips pulling into a smile.

“We still got half an hour to ourselves... Where shall we go, M’lady?” Yerin asked as she intertwined their fingers together. Fits perfectly like a jigsaw puzzle.

“The arcade.”

“Did someone tell you I love claw machines?” Yerin laughed but the younger girl shook her head.

“Since you said it, you shall go win me some cute plushies then.” Eunbi stuck her tongue out, causing Yerin to laugh.

“As you wish,” Yerin replied with a warm smile.

 

════════════ ⋆★⋆ ════════════

 

“Did you guys have fun?” Sojung asked as they met up with the duo.

“I see you two are holding hands.” Eunha pointed out with a sly smile.

“Ooh~ What did we miss?” Sojung chimed in on the teasing, nudging Yerin with this grin that made the latter want to slap Sojung.

The two girls only looked at each other and smiled.

“That’s for me to know and for you to find out,” Yerin said and blew a raspberry before running off towards the car.

“Hey! Come back, you ungrateful kid! I helped you two meet how could you gang up on me? Oi!” Sojung shouted as she chased after Yerin whose laughter resonated around the carpark, causing some to look at them.

Eunha could only shake her head with a lopsided grin as she watched Sojung tackle Yerin and hold her in a headlock, ruffling the girl’s hair as Yerin screeched.

“Maybe I’ll take back my comment on Yerin being quiet.” Eunbi chuckled as she stood beside her good friend.

“I think you should. If you think you’re bad, well… At least you have a beagle buddy now.” Eunha laughed and Eunbi gave the older girl a slight shove.

“Sojung-unnie is just as bad and so are you. I’d like to believe we’re all beagles.” Eunbi said and Eunha simply nodded along.

“If that’s what you say.”

 

 



[A/N] Soulmate AUs are the bomb xD  The next one-shot might be another soulmate AU as well haha