[Wonha] Serial Killer?

SR's Oneshot Collection

In which Eunha gets a scare in the dark.


 

It was a long day and Eunha had just left campus. It was the first time that she was leaving school after sunset. Usually, she’d be gone the moment the professor dismisses the hall but today, she had to stay to complete a project that would make or break her final grades. Looking at her watch, she could only sigh at the time. She could have been lounging on the couch gaming or watching TV but here she was, starving and waiting for the bus in the cold. Curse this project.

After what seemed like forever, the bus finally pulled up at the stop and Eunha quickly got on, tapping her bus card and huddling in a seat near the back. She stuffed her hands in her pocket to warm them up and looked out of the window at the buildings passing by. Her apartment was a couple stops away and the bus ride allowed her just enough time to warm up before going back out into the cold.

Tucking her hands in her pockets, she brisk walked towards her apartment building. The sun was long gone and even though it was only half past seven, the sky was dark and the only source of light were the street lamps. The path to the apartment building was quiet save for the sound of her footsteps and the traffic in the distance. Then, her ears picked up the sound of rustling behind her.

Now, Eunha wasn’t one to get spooked easily. She loved horror and thriller movies and contrary to how small she is and how cute she looks, she has quite the heart of steel. Listening closely, she realized that it wasn’t just rustling, it was the sound of footsteps. Hurried ones for that fact. Of course, the first thing Eunha did was to play it cool and act as if she didn’t hear it. With her laptop and bag weighing her down, there was no way she was going to outrun anyone that’s chasing her.

It didn’t take long for the person to break into a run and Eunha started to panic as the sound of the heavy thuds approached her quickly. She instantly whipped around only to see a tall figure running straight for her.

Well , was the first thing that came to mind. That’s probably a serial killer coming to skin her for a dress.

In her haste to run, she tripped over her own feet as she was turning and fell. Now she was really going to get skinned.

“Oh my gosh, are you alright?” A voice filled with shock and concern asked as a hand grabbed on to her arm.

“LET GO OF ME!” Eunha yelled and flailed her arms around with her eyes shut as she laid on the ground. The owner of the voice immediately backed off and raised her hands.

“Okay, okay. Calm down, are you alright?” the voice asked again and Eunha slowly opened her eyes to see the figure that was previously running. The tall and slender girl had her hands still raised to show that she didn’t mean any harm and Eunha stopped flailing. Now she just felt like an idiot for embarrassing herself and mistaking a pretty girl for a serial killer.

“I’m alright…” Eunha muttered as she got up from the ground to look for her stuff. The taller girl bent down to pick up Eunha’s laptop and extended a hand towards the girl who took it after some hesitation.

“I’m sorry, I probably gave you a scare,” The girl said as she handed the laptop back to its owner and sheepishly rubbed the back of her neck.

“It’s alright, I wouldn’t have fallen if I didn’t assume you were out to kill me,” Eunha mumbled and looked down at her shoes.

“I’m afraid of the dark and when I saw you walking ahead I just wanted to catch up to you so I wouldn’t feel that afraid but I guess that kinda backfired and you got a scare instead. My bad,” the girl said and Eunha waved her off.

“Stop apologizing, it’s really alright,” Eunha said and shifted her laptop to her other hand. Wait a minute…

“OH MY GOD!” She exclaimed and hastily took it out of the case, to see if it was alright.

“I’m so sorry, if it’s broken I’ll pay for the repair,” the taller girl looked at Eunha with worry filled eyes. Thankfully it survived the fall and the shorter girl let out a relieved sigh.

“It’s all good. And really, stop apologizing. I’m fine and my laptop is fine,” Eunha said and let out a soft chuckle. “I’m guessing you live here too?”

“Yeah,” the girl said as they began walking towards the building. “Sojung,” she said and extended a hand towards the other who took it and gave it a firm shake.

“Eunha.”

Things somehow only got stranger from there. They got off on the same floor, walked down the same hall in the same direction and stopped at the same place. Turns out that their apartments were right across from each other.

“How is it that I’ve never seen you before?” Sojung asked in disbelief as she unlocked her door.

“Maybe it’s because I never leave my house?” Eunha replied with a nervous laugh.

“So uh… good night I guess?” Sojung asked as she leaned against her door frame, holding the door open with her foot.

“Good night,” Eunha smiled as she held the door open with her free hand. Neither of them moved to shut the door and Sojung let out a small laugh.

“Hey, can I treat you to… say, lunch some time? Or dinner? To make up for that fall?” Sojung asked and her lips as she waited for Eunha’s response.

“Of course!” the girl replied, maybe a little too enthusiastically. “Just… knock whenever you feel like it.”

“Even in the middle of the night?” the taller jested.

“Your house better be on fire if you’re knocking at 3 in the morning,” Eunha teased back, making Sojung crack a smile.

“I’ll see you around then, Eunha. Good night. For real,” the girl said with a chuckle and Eunha nodded with a soft smile before moving to close the door.

 


 

"Is it right for me to say that I made you fall for me? Since you quite literally did on our first meeting," Sojung mused as she swung their interlocked hands back and forth.

"I guess so..." Eunha hummed. "But I swear I'm gonna kick your if you remind me how I embarrassed myself one more time."

"If you can even reach my ," Sojung blew a raspberry and released Eunha's hand to run away.

"YAH TAKE THAT BACK! KIM SOJUNG!"

 

 



[A/N] Throwing in some wonha because of how cute they've been recently. Whatever that happened in between after that treat from Sojung is up to your imagination :P