♥ Chapter 3 ♥

♥ Falling In Love ♥

"What do you mean you're not coming?" Eunbi said through the phone.

Minhee called Eunbi and Lalisa not too long ago to let them know that she's not coming to watch the dancers. Of course the matchmaker and her part time assistant were upset. But in Minhee's defense, she knows they'll embarrass her again and she'd rather not be there to hear or see it. Today is just one of those days where Minhee just wants to go out but by herself you know?

"Something came up" Minhee said. "But that doesn't mean you guys still can't go."

"Fine. But it's not our fault if Eunbi decides to talk too much" Lalisa said through Eunbi's phone.

Minhee could hear a 'hey' from the back and she laughs. They hang up the phone and Minhee puts it in her pocket before heading on out.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Minhee always found the park to be relax, specifically a nice bench or just sitting on the plain grass under a tree. Which is what she decided to do, it was sunny outside and the tree would also provide some nice shade for her. It wasn't a big tree but just right for her. She sat down and took out her notebook. She likes to write in it whether it's a poem, a song or just some random doodles. Being outside gives her inspirations rather than being cooped up in a room.

She also brought some snacks with her. And by snacks it's literally just candy. Probably should've went with something else but you can't separate Minhee and candy. But Minhee just continued munching on her candy and writing whatever came in her mind while looking around. While she was writing a voice appeared causing her to get startled.

"Do you mind if I sit here?" he asked.

Minhee just nodded her head. She didn't know exactly how to respond to a stranger asking her if they could sit under a tree with her. I mean the park is a public place so he doesn't have to ask but at the same time Minhee would've been weirded out if he just sat down randomly next to her. But now with the fact that someone could be looking over her shoulder made her lose her concentration. She aggresively crossed out a line that she didn't like any more.

"What are you writing?" he said.

"Um nothing really" she said.

"It seems like your notebook upset you or something."

He laughed in which Minhee smiled.

"No my notebook didn't do anything to me" she said. "It's just that I have writer's block at the moment."

"You write?"

"Kind of."

"What do you write?"

"Songs, poems, some random doodles here and there."

"You write songs? Do you also create the music and melodies?"

"Yeah."

"Wow, that's cool."

Minhee smiled while looking down. He scooted closer to Minhee and pointed at her notebook.

"Can I?" he asked.

Minhee nodded. She gave him her notebook and he started looking through it. It was filled with words from Korean and some English here and there. There were also doodles of flowers and other random things along the edges. It kept it from looking plain and kept it looking filled. Some of the things Minhee wrote barely filled up a page while other things took up a few. He was impressed with her writing and the fact that she could write that much.

"Do you really write all this by yourself?" he asked while still flipping through the pages.

"Yeah" Minhee said sheepishly. "They're not that good and are just my drafts."

"If this is what you call bad then I don't know what you consider good."

The two strangers continued talking to each other. They both learned they like music, in Minhee's way producing it more while he liked dancing it, as well as cats and sweets. In which he gladly helped finish the bag. In which he said he was helping her by lessening her chances of getting a cavity. Minhee realized that they haven't even introduced themselves.

"Well this is awkward" she said.

"What?" he replied while popping another piece of candy in his mouth.

"We've been talking for at least half an hour and we haven't even gotten each others names."

"Oh right" he said while scratching the back of his head. "My name is Kang Daniel."

"My name is Park Minhee."

For some reason, Daniel started to look familiar to Minhee.

"By any chance have we met before?"

"I don't remember meeting you."

Minhee shrugged then started doing another doodle in her notebook. While she was doodling, she didn't notice her phone ringing.

"Uh Minhee?" Daniel said. "I think you're phone is ringing."

Minhee, confused, reached inside of her pocket and saw that her phone was ringing. Actually 1 missed call from Lalisa and 1 missed call from Eunbi. This time it was Lalisa calling.

"Hello?" she said answering the phone.

"Minhee" Lalisa said. "Where are you?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well it turns out that they weren't here today so after 15 minutes of waiting we gave up. Though cupid here wanted to wait longer."

"It's for a good reason" Eunbi said through Lalisa's phone.

"So we decided to drop by your place and you weren't there" Lalisa continued.

"I'm just outside at the park getting some fresh air. Do you want me to meet you guys somewhere?"

"Oh meet us by the chicken place we like to go to. Eunbi says you're paying for making her wait."

"Okay that's fine. See you soon."

Minhee hung up and shoved the phone back into her pocket.

"I'm guessing you have to leave?" Daniel asked.

"Yeah" Minhee said. "My friends also say I have to pay for food."

"Well then you better get going."

"It was nice talking to you" Minhee said while getting up and started walking way.

"Make sure your friends don't buy expensive food" Daniel shouted as she walked away.

Minhee laughed and walked away.


Author's Note: Chapter 3 is out ~