You save me from my drowning

Wonky Jumble

 

Hanbin always takes the same road to home. He knows it well by now. 
Every nights after his complementary classes that he needs to avoid failing at school (but he still skipped them anyway), he would walk on this traced path, headphone on with loud music blasting through the haze of his mind.
The streetlight comes next after the cafe at the corner. It's red for the pedestrians but he doesn't stop. With some chance, a car would hit his souless body tonight.
Unluckily for him, an angry honk is all he gets.
After a while, before him appears the bridge. Only a few more minutes and he'll be home. Home where his parents are waiting for him. Waiting for him so they can remind him about his pitiful life and repeat the old same blames. Old same blames that he knows by heart.
He wonders when this became his humdrum.

 

But still, his feet lead him on the bridge and in the darkness of the night, lit by the single, weak spotlight, a tiny frame moves and catches his eyes.
The stranger is bent over the railing, looking at the water as if he was waiting for something.
The boy, wearing a jacket with the same blazon as him, then shrugs his shoulders and lets his backpack fall on the floor with a thud. He takes off his jacket as well, carefully folds it and puts it near his bag.
Unconsciously, Hanbin has stopped walking.
With a sick smile, the other climbs over the rail and leans forward, grip tight around the bars. His white shirt inflates with the wind and Hanbin's breath blocks in his throat.
The view is almost unreal.
The dark sky blends into the harsh gray of the concrete and the deep blue of the water, the electric light reflects with the smallest stars and in the middle of this chaos, the little body stands, white, pure and bold.

 

Well. Hanbin had thought about the drowning as a means of suicide once. But after thinking about it, he prefers by far the rough constrast between the blood's bright red and the skin's fading white after a crash to the violet of a bloated body.

 

The wind blows harder. The boy's black hair turns into a mess and Hanbin's heart begins to beat faster.
Is he really going to jump ?
The stranger laughs. He may have lost his mind.
Hanbin crosses the distance between them and before he could have reach him, the other suddenly shouts :
"I FCKING HATE KIM HANBIN"


What ?


The body straightens and Hanbin notices their height difference. The smaller turns back and the surprise washing his face almost made the taller grin.


-


Kim Jinhwan is a young man who got his heart stolen by an underclassman. He didn't even know his name until this night. He had always been weak in love, so he tried to forget. But this face, those eyes, this attitude, it haunted his thoughts by day as by night. A real nightmare.
This guy who likes thrills and situations that are two fingers away from skidding, the ones that make him feel alive.


-


Kim Hanbin is a young man who only hopes for one thing ; leaving this tasteless world.
Everyone knows that life is a rollercoaster with ups and downs, but Hanbin only lives in downs so is it even worth trying ?
Music was his shelter, but what remains when even that can't bring him up ?


-


Two drifting souls that finally find a rope to tie.


-


You save me from my drowning.