Fireflies

Wonky Jumble

Fireflies

 

The Summer always held the same promises ; hot breezes, hours spent swimming in the clear blue water, fire camps, occasional drinking and -most importantly- .

 

Jiwon broke open the door to Hanbin's bedroom with everything but hidden excitation, his eyes landing on a half boy fighting with his swimming shorts to slide his two legs into the right holes. And you're trying to make him believe that his bestfriend was turning 19 next October ? His thin lips automatically curled into a crooked smile as he held himself against the door frame, absolutely not appreciating the high definition of the other's abs and his legendary v-line, not at all.

«Campers are coming into sight. Wanna go and take a look at the potential fun makers ?» the older asked, perfectly knowing that it was a rhetorical question.

Hanbin and him had begun to ogle over the tourists of the summer camp from the moment they were old enough to handle their s and be attracted to someone else than the stars they were used to watch on his computer. It was no surprise when Hanbin gave him his familiar smile and Jiwon simply laughed, turning on his heels to fly down the wooden stairs.

The teenagers were neighbours since birth and when Hanbin wasn't at Jiwon's, then Jiwon was at Hanbin's. Sometimes though, they both agreed on taking their surfboard and go ride the waves with their few years of experience -which had started when they learnt to stand on two feet- and amaze the small population of their village .. or city, no one really knew how to call the area. The boys grew up together happily, almost under the same roof, and when their 12th birthday came, they swore to be bros forever. If they were practically glued together before that day, they were one soul in two bodies now. Looking for Hanbin ? Then search for Jiwon. Want to hit on Jiwon ? Then get Hanbin's approval first. It was how they worked and it was how they liked to be.

However, when you lived here, near the coast and where everyone is an acquaintance of an acquaintance, the only way to have some thoughtless fun was to wait for the summer holidays. Along with the burning sunrays came the in-landers, and who said in-landers meant new, fresh blood to -literally-. Hanbin had been the first to announce his uality -and winning the bet with Jiwon by the way-, rather casually between three munches of his burger. It was a dinner where both families were reunited and no one at the table had flinched or picked up. Hanbin's mom only asked them if they were dating, to which they replied at the exact same moment and with the exact same answer «Eew, never». At least, they were quit on that point.

 

This year, the yellow bus bringing the new comers to them broke his own record and crossed the line of the parking at exactly 14:03 under the curious stares of the young inhabitants, which was two minutes earlier than last year. Hanbin and Bobby were already standing on the grass next to the parking lot, shirtless and boards tucked under the arm. Only a few seconds elapsed before some familiar faces appeared through the crowd.

«Hey, Donghyuk ! Oh, Junhoe's here too !» toned Jiwon, smiling from ear to ear and pointing at two blond heads.

Hanbin waved at them and the called boys beamed at them, Junhoe still standing a head taller than Donghyuk. They both grabbed their suitcases and made their way to the surfers. The four of them met two years ago, when Jiwon and Hanbin had just started to have fun with the tourists, making profit out of their status of monitors for the beginners in surfing. Hanbin kept a good memory of the nights he spent with Donghyuk as a top, but the switches with Junhoe were still engraved in his as «good but painful». Jiwon had laughed at him after their first summer as he told him all about his adventures, feeling proud of having topped both Donghyuk and Junhoe. Well Hanbin must have been more submissive than Jiwon.

«How have you been, guys ?» Donghyuk asked them, ever the cute and sweet boy he was. Don't get him wrong though ; in bed, his was really no joke.

«Ah .. The usual, you know. Me being fantastic and Hanbin just trying to follow behind.» Jiwon joked, receiving a nice nudge from the said follower.

Junhoe laughed along the comic scene, already comfortable enough to wrap an arm around the older's shoulders. They could already see the good two months coming ahead of them.

Soon enough, they'll all be wearing their shorts and would be able to go surf the waves, but for now, someone in the mass caught Hanbin's attention. The stranger was rather small but from the way he moved around, he could tell the other was pretty agile and conscious of his body ; must have been practicing some sport, dancing maybe ? Aside from that, his features were delicate and almost doll-like, his skin fairer than white and his hair darker than a starless night. Immediatly, Hanbin thought about how good it could be to have with him under the moonlight. His dirty thoughts were stopped by Jiwon pushing him slightly.

«Hey stop staring, I saw him first» Jiwon said with the intention of making it sound like a joke. But Hanbin wasn't dumb and knew him too well. Jiwon was serious and they were going to fight over the newcomer.

«I hope you'll be fast enough because he's mine by tonight» replied the younger with a grin.

Next to them, Donghyuk and Junhoe were laughing, not a tad bit concerned.

«Do I need to remember you that you were totally fine with sharing us ?»

«Maybe we're not worthy of their fights, Dong ...»

«Thing is : There were two of you, but this time, only one of him» Jiwon kindly explained to enlighten the situation. «If Hanbin gets him tonight, who will I be having fun with ?»

The two landers looked at each others with a smile, then at Jiwon. «Us ?»

Honestly speaking, the idea wasn't unpleasant -rather exciting, truth be told, their first - but to be the first one on a prey was an even better perspective and none of them was going to let it slip. As the for of them exchanged a knowing smile to seal the silent-secret pact, Hanbin looked one last time at the smaller guy and suprisingly found him focused on their little group. The stranger smiled at him and turned away to pick up his things.

He felt his cheeks starting to heat.

Suddenly, something came to his mind.

«Guys, where are Yunhyeong and Chanwoo ?»

«Coming in tomorrow's bus» said Junhoe.

And with that question put aside, they headed to the bungallows for Donghyuk and Junhoe to settle down.

Tomorrow, they'll be complete again, and could even maybe think of adding a new member to their little group.

At least, Bobby and Hanbin hoped so.