[Prologue to Winter] Rose Quartz in December

4 Seasons of Love

The faint knock on the door broke her thoughts, she looked at the direction but did not even bother to open it. She’s sitting by the windows, arms hugging her knees, she does not know how long she has been staring outside. She does not care, without her beside her, she kind of feels empty.

“Kyla?” a low voice called for her name.

She looked at the direction once again but she did not care to answer. She buried her face to her legs. She misses her so much. She misses Eunwoo so much.

The door opened and the creak sound did not even bother her. She does not want to talk to anyone right now. She just wanted to be alone.

“Can I go in?” asked the man. She just nodded.

The man who’s probably in her 50’s entered her room and went directly to her. He patted Kyla’s head and when the girl looked at him, he just smiled at her. It was a calming smile - a smile that Kyla grew up with. Those were the same smile that cheered up the gloomy little Kyla.

“What seems to be bothering my princess?”

“Nothing, I just miss someone so bad.”

“Who? Eunwoo?”

“Yes dad”

He hugged Kyla feeling the gloominess of his little princess. Kyla is his youngest child and like anyone else, she is also favored which was most probably the reason why was not reprimanded upon knowing the fact that she went missing for almost 6 months. Her father loved her dearly that his father couldn’t bear seeing her this sad.

“Dad, is it normal to miss someone this bad?”

“My baby is now a big girl I guess”

“Is that so?”

“When someone is in love, she misses that person even a minute of separation. You just want to be with that person every seconds of your life and I can tell that my baby girl is in love”

Kyla’s cheeks flushed red but her eyes were heavily clouded with sadness. This is killing her father, he was told of the girl that Kyla met during the times she went missing and he could tell how Kyla was overly attached with the girl. As a father, she wants nothing but her daughter’s happiness.

“Your birthday is coming, what would my princess want?”

“Nothing”

“How about inviting the girl that can make my princess gray skies blue?”

“Really!”

Excitement paints Kyla’s whole face. She did not expect her father would suggest that. She should know better, her father was probably told about Eunwoo. She was actually afraid that her father would go mad after learning that she went missing and live with a commoner for 6 months. But her father did otherwise. She just listened to her explanation, he just nod and asked her not to do it again. She was also lucky that her father did not punish her whole staff which includes Nayoung and Yehana.

“She must be really a good person”

“Oh yes she is! She let me choose my family over her. She’s so simple and funny and…”

Kyla stopped her story upon seeing her father grinning like crazy. She got excited and got carried away with her story. She pouts upon seeing her father’s teasing smile. In the end, she hugged her father.

-0-

All she hears are raindrops, the December rain is hitting the Bucheon’s rooftops. She does not want Kyla to go but she had to, she knows her family must be looking for her but the pain won’t go away.

All she did was lay around, two ears full of tears. She sniffed upon realizing that the person she used to hug to sleep was not there anymore. A week ago Kyla was in her arms now she does not even know where she is. She looked at her phone, she wished that someone she is familiar would call her but she realized that she never gave her phone number to her.

But it seems like the stars and the planets aligned for her. She heard cars from outside and she immediately stood from where she was lazing around. She looked outside the window and she saw two limousines outside her yard. She saw her neighbors crowding someone and some guys in black suit.

She step outside her house and tried to see who’s the person they were crowding, she thought it might be some celebrity but why is it outside her yard. She walked closer and one of her neighbor’s saw her.

“Oh Eunwoo!”

The crowd automatically shifted their gaze to where she was standing. Slowly they move aside and revealed the person that she thought was some celebrity. It was getting clearer and when she got to see a glimpse of that person, she felt that her world went slow motion like those of the movies when the time was slowed down when the protagonist first meet each other.

The view was clearer and she saw the person she officially misses. Kyla was standing there. She was wearing that smile that she loves, clothes showed the difference of their status but she is still the Kyla that she knew and sheltered for almost 6 months.

Kyla walked towards her and when they were inches from each other, she did not let any seconds into hugging the younger girl which she was welcomed with hug too.

“I miss you” Kyla said after breaking the hug.

“I miss you too”

“I have something to tell you”

“Sure. Come in”

Eunwoo was busy serving Kyla some bread and water. She got bothered by the men in suits guarding her house. She’s not use to this kind of treatment but oh well, she have a princess in her house.

“What was that you wanted to tell me?”

“My birthday is coming”

“Happy Birthday”

“Thank you and I want you to be my muse”

“Ah muse…what?”

“You will be my partner”

“You know that I’m no princess and I would probably not going to fit in there”

“You don’t need to because you already fit in my heart”

Eunwoo smiled upon hearing that lines from Kyla. She is still that Kyla that is so good in her words. She thought that maybe royal bloods just spent their time reading overly-romantic books but damn it worked on her. She swear that you she can’t compare banana ketchup with the redness of her face.

Kyla laughed upon seeing Eunwoo’s reaction. She likes it when her words affect Eunwoo that much. She had tons of it and only plan to use it all to Eunwoo.

“When is your birthday?”

“Next week”

“What gift would you want?”

“You”

“I swear Ila you are so good with your words”

“It will also be good if I have you beside all the time”

She did it again. Eunwoo goes weak with Kyla when she uses that kind of charm and she’s not complaining. She likes it actually when Kyla does that. Kyla took her phone out and save Eunwoo’s number something that they should have done from the very beginning.

Kyla needed to go. She bade Eunwoo goodbye and she is back officially missing the girl that makes her blush profusely.

-0-

The day of Kyla’s birthday came and the weather sends shivers to Eunwoo’s body. If it is not with the cold she would probably sweating so bad. It is Kyla’s birthday and she has nothing to wear. She does not want to impress people but she does not want to look bad in front of Kyla’s family.

She wanted to cry in despair. She threw herself and wanted to hate herself. But like any other fairytale, a perfect story won’t be complete without a fairy-god mother. She heard a knock on her front door and she immediately got up to check who it was.

A tall red-haired girl who looks like a princess who went out from a manga appeared in front of her. She blinked in confusion and was opened upon seeing the woman in front of her. She swears that if it is not because of Kyla, she would want to date this girl.

“My name is Nayoung and I am here to bring you this dress the highness specially asked for you”

Eunwoo went back to earth upon hearing the girl in front of her talk. She smiled at her and it was weakening. She asked herself if Kyla’s family only hired good looking people to work for them.

She let Nayoung in and the latter ask her to get dress immediately as Kyla was waiting. Eunwoo was even more surprised upon Nayoung call the other people behind her. They then dressed and fix Eunwoo’s make-up.

Nayoung was instructing them, mentioning that Kyla want them to Eunwoo’s simplicity. She heard that Kyla specifically said she was pretty even without make-up which boasted her confidence. Few minutes later, she is now dressed in baby pink dressed, handcraft with embroidery in the chest area which accentuated that asset of hers. Her hair was tied from the front and cascades the back part of it. She now looks like those she sees in the movies.

“And now for the finishing touch”

She heard Nayoung says that. She saw her took out a box and inside was glowing rose-shape big hair clip. It was in pink but the water element on it gives a quartz like color. Nayoung took out another box, a smaller one this time. She opened and presented to Eunwoo.

“Wow, isn’t this too much?” she asked Nayoung.

“Ila wants the best for you”

She took it out and it when it hits the light it glimmers. It was a necklace with a rose pendant. She stared at it and surely in awe of what was presented in front of her.

“It’s a rose quartz”

“Isn’t this expensive?”

“Love is more expensive”

“Is being cheesy a requirement to be Kyla’s friend?”

Nayoung laughed at Eunwoo’s wittiness. She probably heard those pick-up lines from Kyla. She couldn’t blame the girl though. She could say that she has part on it or Minkyung rather. She sure does teach Kyla those killer lines.

-0-

The whole place was busy and crowded. Kyla is not enjoying it. She was never a fan of this kind of gatherings though it is her own birthday. The only girl she wanted to see is out of her sight and this is making her frustrated.

“What’s the matter your highness?”

“Minkyung unnie, is Nayoung unnie not her yet?”

“Not as of the time being”

“Nothing bad happens to them right?”

“Your highness, you should calm down. They will be here in a few minutes”

Seems like Minkyung is a prophet. The door from the mezzanine opened and everyone from the first floor shifted their gaze. Kyla’s heart was trumping, her heart was right. It was the person she wanted to see the most.

The door revealed a woman dress in perfection. She was made for this day, made for someone who was gawking downstairs. Kyla did not wait another moment and rushed to the staircase. She waited in the middle step and Eunwoo went down.

They met in the middle, eyes looked, smiled at each other. Kyla took her hand and together they went to the crowd who are whispering things.

“Who is she?”

“Which fiefdom is she from?”

“I’ve never seen her before”

“Don’t bother them”

Those words are from the person whose fingers are intertwined with her. She was brought to where Kyla’s family where sitting which greeted them with a 90 degree bow.

“You must be Eunwoo”

“Yes, your majesty”

“It’s a pleasure to meet you. My daughter thought a lot of good things about you”

“It’s an honor to guest in your daughter’s party your majesty and to meet you”

Eunwoo now know where Kyla get that angelic smile of hers. It was from her father, he bears that same teethless smile. Kyla took her around, introducing to her friends until Kyla asked her to sit but before they can even do so Kyla was dragged into a group of people.

She stood rooted in one place. Eyes were heavy to her. She now feels that she does not belong then someone approached her.

“So, who is this girl who makes Kyla’s heart racing?”

“Huh?”

“I wonder what she sees in you?”

“I asked the same question everyday too”

“Hahahaha okay now I know why bestfriend likes you.”

“Excuse me?”

“You are witty but hey  I’m Sungyeon”

“Are you not going to tell me your whatever congregation or position you have?”

“Nah, Kyla and I find that too medieval”

Eunwoo started to feel some jealousy. How this girl Sungyeon have some special relationship with Kyla. She feared that she would be the antagonist of her love story and tried to separate her and Kyla.

“You and Kyla must be close”

“Yes, thanks to one of her maid that make my heart race”

“Eh?”

“The girl I love is Kyla’s maid and she was the reason why I am really close to Kyla”

Eunwoo shifted her gaze to where Sungyeon was looking. She saw Yehana who was standing with Nayoung and Minkyung. She remembered her, she was the one who found out Kyla was in Bucheon. She looked at her direction and smiled at Sungyeon who was staring at her. She raised her glass and followed by Sungyeon as a sign of cheers.

“Is it hard for you guys to love someone not in your class?” Eunwoo suddenly ask.

“It is if this was 1970 but we are in 2017 and that would not matter now unless their family is lock in to that era” Sungyeon relied followed by a heavy sigh.

“It must be hard for you then?”

“Yes, Kyla is so lucky that her family is so modern, how I wish mine is like that too”

“For sure your family would understand”

“I hope so”

Eunwoo hugged Sungyeon which captured the attention of Kyla in which she joined them instantly. Eunwoo is thankful that everyone is somehow good to her, at least that’s what she knows until she excuse herself to go the restroom.

After heading out from the cubicle she was cornered by some girls. Their arms were crossed and looking at Eunwoo with the nastiest stare. She tried to excuse herself but she was blocked by two of them.

“What kind of potion did you let Kyla drink to make her fall for you?”

“I’m sorry?”

“Are you deaf?”

“No, I just don’t understand why are you asking that”

“By the looks of you, I know you are just a commoner. Probably did not even finish school and family is starving”

“Excuse me?”

“You are not Cinderella girl so stop lurking around Kyla. You poor being!”

“Cinderella is not poor actually. She is a daughter of a noble who happens to marry an evil woman who happens to have two ugly daughters from another man and made Cinderella’s life a hell”

The 3 ladies who were crowding her dropped their jaw upon hearing that from Eunwoo. They did not expect that Eunwoo would make a comeback like that.

“Also, I finished Bachelor of Science in Geoscience, you probably don’t know what that is as you guys are just busy making your bigger and buying pads to make your s bigger.”

Eunwoo exits the restroom after finishing her sentence. The three of them were just gawking at how Eunwoo answered them but the former was already hurt. Sungyeon was right, loving someone of their class is pretty much hard.

She went outside the hotel and to get some fresh air but it was idea as moment she step foot outside the wind blew and freezes her. The stream in front of her made the weather a lot colder. Winter is sure be approaching.

She sat on the bench and rubbing her hands to keep her warm. She just wanted to get out of the place but she want to say goodbye at least to Kyla but she does not know how to find here in that crowd.

“Got bored?”

She looked at the direction where she saw Kyla was standing. The younger girl sat beside her and let her wear a jacket that would calm her. They stayed silent for a moment staring at the stream that was fully lit by the lamp post that was surrounding it.

Kyla took her hand and locked her fingers with her. She then leaned her head to Kyla’s chest and upon having close contact with her it was welcomed by a kiss on her forehead.

“It must be hard for you to be here with me”

“Having a hard time is nothing just to be with you.”

“Did someone offend you inside?”

“No one. If I said yes you might cut their heads off”

Kyla laughed at Eunwoo. The girl must have watched too many movies set in medieval era. Well, she couldn’t blame her. Eunwoo might have wanted to know more about princesses.

“By the way happy birthday”

“Thank you”

“Here”

Eunwoo handed a small box to Kyla which she gladly took. She looked at Eunwoo and the later encourage her to open it. She pulled the ribbon that was adorning and upon opening the box she saw a shiny bracelet.

“I don’t know what to give you and this is the only thing I can afford”

“You did not sell your property just to give me this right?”

“Nope, but I sold pinky”

“You sold that pig?”

“No, I’m just kidding”

Kyla laughed again with Eunwoo’s humor. The girl is known to love her animals more than anything else, she also love her garden so much that someone helped her earn a decent amount of money.

Eunwoo took the bracelet and put it on Kyla’s wrist. It was simple, it has a rose design and then they realize how they receive a rose design as each other’s gift. Surely, she was a rose in Kyla’s cold December.

-----0-----

A/N: I remember saying that I won't update this until I update my two other fic but the story line for this was done moment I decided to write this one. Well, this one won't be a long chaptered story. Two more season and this will end. I'm just so in love with the cuteness that EunLa couple has. 

If you guys have suggestion or do like this fic please do hit up the comment section and let me know what you guys are thiking. I wil probably take in request but until I finish my two other fics.