Autumn Morning

4 Seasons of Love

The sound of her buzzing phone echoed the quiet room. She flinched, awaken from the loudness and the vibration of her phone. After a few more rings, it stopped. She was still sleepy, she did not bother to check whoever it was.

She went back to sleep only to be awaken again by the same song. She flinched and felt the person hugging her from behind moved. She tried to ignore but it won’t stop.

“Babe, your phone’s been ringing” said Minkyung who was hugging her from behind.

She groaned. She hated it when people bother her sleep. She reached for the open not bothering to check who it was?

“Hello?” she answered in a clearly sleepy tone still.

“Nayoung unnie”

Nayoung’s eyes widened upon hearing the voice. She sat up and shook the heck of Minkyung. The slightly taller girl gave her a what-the--is-happening to you. She mouthed the caller’s name and Minkyung’s sleepiness was gone.

“Your…highness” Nayoung said stuttering.

“Unnie, I told you many times already to just call me Kyla” she replied cheerily.

“Where the heck are you?” Nayoung asked.

“A place where I am happy. This is a new world for me unnie but I am very satisfied”

“That’s good to hear but can you tell me where you are?”

“Unnie, I’m sorry but I can’t. I prefer my location private and I just called to let you know I am fine.”

“Your highness…I mean, Ila, it’s been 3 months since you went missing and it is a surprise that your father is not looking for you yet.”

“My brother knew about this so you don’t need to worry unnie.”

“Okay. Are you doing well there?”

“Yes unnie. Very well”

Kyla looked outside the window and saw the person who’s making her happy. She never knew she would be this happy. Something she did not experience while she was in Genovia. The country where she is the Princess, a country where everyone bows down to her, a place she called home but does not experience the reality of life. She was indeed happy with her family. She has a supportive parents and a brother who’s always there for her but the happiness that Eunwoo and the home she offered gave her a different kind of happiness.

She bade Nayoung goodbye and told her not to worry about her again. The older girl told her to call her every now and then and make sure to call her when she needed something. Though Nayoung was on the other line and not seeing Kyla, the latter just nodded and Nayoung knew that it was a verbal nod.

-0-

The dazzling sunshine shone through the window. The birds started to sing. She looked out of the windows as she rubbed her eyes. She saw Eunwoo already busy outside. Kyla smiled upon seeing how her busy host juggled her work while playing with the kids around her. She thought maybe Eunwoo would be a good mother.

Kyla was not used to waking up early. She always had the leisure to wake-up whenever she wants. Moment she opened her eyes everything was already prepared but where she is right now does not give her that luxury.

Eunwoo saw Kyla standing by the windows, she waved at her giving her the brightest smile. Kyla smiles back that somehow made Eunwoo’s heart race. She likes seeing that smile, that smile that makes Kyla more beautiful. She has grown to memorize her features and how heart race when she sees Kyla’s angelic face.

She hurried to go inside as she needed to prepare breakfast. She went inside the house only to be blocked by the face she likes the most. Their faces were inches from each other and the flustered Eunwoo almost fell but Kyla’s long limbs were fast enough to wrap it wound her waist.

Their foreheads were touching and this early morning sugar rush was making Eunwoo’s cheeks flush red. She put her hands on Kyla’s shoulder. Eunwoo’s smile grew bigger as she could feel the younger girl’s breath. By how high her cheekbones right now you know that she was enjoying it.

“Good morning gorgeous” Kyla greeted.

“Is that how you bribe me for a good breakfast?” Eunwoo responded.

Kyla moved her head and put a finger on her chin but her other hand not leaving Eunwoo’s waist. She made a “thinking” gesture that made the two of them laugh.

Eunwoo then proceeded in preparing their breakfast. It’s been 4 months since she found Kyla in the back of her truck and the feelings they had for each other just grew stronger. They don’t have any label but they knew that what they feel for each other is mutual.

The smell of mixing rice reached Kyla’s nostril. Eunwoo is indeed a wife material. She was in the living room reading the newspaper while Eunwoo prepared the breakfast. The kitchen overlooks the living room enabling Kyla to see what Eunwoo was doing.

The apron that hug’s Eunwoo’s waist perfected the image of what Kyla imagined as a wife. Kyla smiled when she saw the auburn haired girl looked in her direction. Kyla’s life was simple but Eunwoo in it, she feels it is more special than what she already had.

-0-

As the leaves of the tree falls, the day of the most awaited Chuseok is coming. Kyla might not be from Korea but she knows that this is one of the most celebrated festivals in the country.

She helped Eunwoo’s district to prepare for the said festival. She heard that there would foreign guest who would visit them. Kyla enjoyed preparing with Eunwoo and her neighbors. She came to like them as well.

They were busy putting bags on the tree as a decoration. Kyla was holding Eunwoo by her waist as Eunwoo put the decoration on the tree. She was on the ladder and Kyla was there to protect her from falling. The taller girl would tease Eunwoo would tickles and the girl would lightly elbow Kyla. This made people around them adore them.

“So Eunwoo, when are you guys planning to tie the knot?” someone asked.

Eunwoo and Kyla looked at each other and laughed at the question. People around them find them as perfect couple and Kyla seems to be everyone’s bet for Eunwoo. The latter shook her head and cross her arms.

“No no no. Ila is still young” Eunwoo replied.

“It actually depends on when she wanted to” Kyla all of a sudden said.

That received a cheer from the people around them which made Eunwoo’s cheek as red as tomato. She lightly hit Kyla on her shoulder but the girl returned it with a peck on her cheek. The crowd cheered for them again and the sweetness of the two continued as they head on decorating.

The day of the festival came and various activities were prepared by the town. Parades were everywhere and the beautiful lights adorn by the colorful papers made the night dreamy.

Eunwoo and Kyla were walking on the streets, their fingers intertwined. Eunwoo was touring Kyla around and explaining everything they passed by. They head to food street market that showcased various foods of Bucheon.

They bought various foods sampler and feeding each other with it. Eunwoo was feeding Kyla with every food she laid her eyes on while the latter was gladly feasting on what was offered to her. Eunwoo then saw a food stall that sells pizza which the province is known for. Eunwoo rushed to the stall dragging Kyla along with her.

“You should try this! This is very delicious!” Eunwoo said excitedly.

“Alright, alright but you make this every time”

“No no this is different you should try this!”

Kyla just nodded and watched the excited Eunwoo’s with the mouth-watering dish. Eunwoo dropped her handkerchief which Kyla offered to pick up. Upon bending to reach for the handkerchief, Kyla bump into someone who was passing by. She turned around and apologized but what happened next made Kyla froze.

“Oops…sorry….I”

“Your highness?”

Kyla saw a familiar face and that made her rooted on where she was standing. She did not expect that someone who knew her would be in this province. She perspired hard and looked at Eunwoo but luckily the girl was so immersed with the pizza.

“Yehana unnie, what are you doing here?” Kyla asked, gulping an invisible lump on .

“I’m here to visit some friends. Your highness –“

“Ila you should…eh?”

Yehana was unable to finish her sentence when Eunwoo unknowingly cut her off. Eunwoo was baffled upon seeing the blonde haired girl, almost the same height as her. She was surprised to see Kyla talking to the girl. A sudden burst of emotion flushed her and she does not know how to react. Kyla who saw the awkwardness with the two started to break the silence.

“Did you get the pizza?” Kyla asked Eunwoo. The latter just nod.

“Your Highness who is she?”

“Your highness?” Eunwoo asked, wondering why Kyla was being address such as.

“Ah that’s how they called me at school…because of uhm…my fair skin! Yes fair skin!”

“Oh” Eunwoo replied.

“This is Yehana, a friend I knew from Seoul.”

Eunwoo greeted Yehana and so does Yehana. She was about to open and asked something but Kyla dragged Eunwoo away making the blonde girl flustered. She wondered why Kyla was in Bucheon then she remembered, Kyla went missing almost 4 months ago.

-0-

Autumn was almost over and Kyla was thankful that Yehana did not bother to find her or something. Eunwoo still does not have any idea of who she was and what kind of title she has and she does not have any plans on telling Eunwoo – not yet.

They were on the hill, sitting on picnic sheet under the beautiful blue sky. The wind is starting to get breezy but still the best way to sit with the person you love. Yes, love, both of them love each other but still no label. They don’t need one anyways.

Kyla’s head was on Eunwoo’s lap and the older girl was busy brushing Kyla’s fringe. Kyla was reading a book and Eunwoo was watching her. She Kyla’s hair and the latter was starting to get lightheaded. Before she falls asleep she put the book down and looked at Eunwoo.

Eunwoo bent down and lay a kiss on Kyla’s forehead but the younger girl has another plan. When Eunwoo was about to lift her head, Kyla held it with her both hands and aligned her head for her lips to reach Eunwoo’s. Eunwoo cupped Kyla’s check in order for her to gain more access to her lips. It was a sweet gesture and whoever could see this scene would probably go diabetic.

Kyla was the first one to break the kiss, she needed air. Eunwoo gave her one last peck on the lips and Kyla just stared at Eunwoo for the next few minutes. Kyla then broke the silence and asked Eunwoo something.

“What if one day, you learn something new about me?”

“Knowing something new about you will just make me fall in love with you more”

“Aww that’s sweet but if you learned something really really different”

“Like what?”

“Say for example, like this book I am reading, what if you learn that I am a princess”

“Well”

Eunwoo paused. Thinking how she would react if that was really the case.

“Of course I will be surprised. Thinking that what we have should end since we basically are not meant for each other”

That reply made Kyla sat-up. She feared that one day Eunwoo might really distance herself to her because of their social status.

“Why?”

“Because you said you are princess and I am just a country girl. A princess is meant for someone of the same kind, I’m not Cinderella and this is not fairytale”

Kyla somehow feel guilty. She did not know how to react. True enough in this day, no one would be like a modern Cinderella and for sure she will be force to marry someone of royal blood.

“But I don’t care, the one I like is here in front of me”

Eunwoo said cupping Kyla’s face, she leaned again for a kiss.

-0-

Their usual night was spent with watching TV. This time it was Eunwoo’s head that was resting on Kyla’s lap. They were busy watching the TV when they heard three knocks on the door. Eunwoo stood up and went to the door. She was surprised to see a man dressed in what she thinks an expensive clothes and she then noticed the friend that they meet during Chuseok.

Kyla noticed that Eunwoo was still in front of the door. She decided to check who that was.

“Who’s there…Nu –“

Kyla froze again upon seeing their late night visitor. She saw a familiar face. Eunwoo was baffled when the people behind the man and the girl she though was a friend all of a sudden bowed upon seeing Kyla.

“What are you doing here?”

“Your highness, your brother here is to take you home.”

“Brother?”

Eunwoo known Kyla for almost 6 months know but she didn’t know that she had a brother. It was very rare that Kyla opened up about her family. She did ask her about that but did press on when she saw no interest in Kyla’s face.

“Luke, what are you doing here?” Kyla asked again.

“To bring you home”

“I don’t want to”

“The majesty is paying a visit soon and it won’t make any good to anyone who works for you if he knew about you being missing”

“Majesty?” Eunwoo asked. She’s confused as hell.

“Perhaps you can let us in as the wind is starting to freeze us.”

Eunwoo nodded and let Kyla’s visitor in their house. She is still confused with all this things but it will feel rude if she did not let them in.

Eunwoo’s eyes grew wider as Luke and Yehana tell her about who Kyla is. She couldn’t believe what she was hearing. The girl she came to love and know is a soon to be the queen of a country she’s not familiar of.

What made her shocked is when Luke pressed on getting Kyla home. The latter was clearly unwilling to go home but she knew better. She does not want any trouble for Kyla. She agreed on sending Kyla home.

-0-

The bird sings in the morning and the dazzling sunshine shone brightly on the window. She woke up with her eyes still blurry. She just woke up from a sad sleep.

The cool chilly air was inviting Eunwoo, it was nice to breathe into such weather. She rubbed her eyes as she looked outside the window. She saw the kids gathered around and happily chit-chatting as they go to their school. She also saw young kids, hands being held by their fathers as they take them to school.

She saw the usual women in their neighborhood rush to prepare breakfast, the refreshing scent of the calm morning and the scent of breakfast being cooked seems to be unappealing to Eunwoo.

She then felt arms wrapped around her waist. How she love the owner of those arms who found their place on her waist. Those arms that circle her waist as they found it as their favorite place. She turned around and looked at the face she used to see every morning. The first thing she sees every time she opens her eyes.

That face who’s usually bright and all smiles, drew a downward curve. Those smiles that are gone and will be gone for she does not know how long. She leaned her forehead and inhaled the scent that she become accustomed with. Oh how she love that scent.

“I promise, I’ll be back”

She just nodded. She was then pressed inward as Kyla reach in for a kiss. She wrapped her hands around her nape and let her melt on that what she knew would be her last kiss.

She does not want to let her go but Kyla has some responsibilities to fulfill. She looked down as Kyla release her and head towards the door. She fakes a smile and Kyla knew she was hurting. Kyla went back to her and kiss her one last time.

“I’ll come back”

And that was the words that left Kyla’s mouth as she ride the car that was waiting for her outside. As the car moves, Eunwoo went outside. The side mirror breaks Kyla’s heart as it moves farther from Eunwoo.

-----0-----

A/N: I acyually said that I won't update this until I update the other 2 fics that I have but the idea overflowed again and surprisingly I seem to have the story outline faster than the other two. 

Please do comment if you do like the story. This pairing is just so precious and it needed some hype so yeah.