Summer Storm

4 Seasons of Love

She drives her car into the hotel where she supposed to deliver the flowers and vegetables that was ordered from her. She saw some commotion going on but she didn’t care, all she needed to do is to deliver what was ordered and go home.  But curiosity was killing her so she asked the waiting staff on the back door of the kitchen.

“Hello, here are the flowers and vegetables you ordered” she greeted happily.

“Thank you Eunwoo! You are really reliable” the staff commented.

“No problem! Just call me whenever you need supplies”

“Sure! I hope you did not have a hard time travelling here”

“Nope, no problem but what’s happening?”

“Ah, one of the guess went missing” the staff whispered making sure that no one hears her.

“Oh, might be a VIP then”

“Yes a VIP. You have to get going summer rain might start tonight”

“Oh yes, thank you again! Till our next business”

Eunwoo bowed down and collected the money as a payment for the things she delivered. Eunwoo heads to her small truck closing the back door throwing some of the baskets she used. She gets startled when she heard a small whimper. She stopped on her tracks but let it go. She thought it could be some bird chirping.

She started her engine and right after her truck exit the hotel’s premises the rain started to pour. She was smiling like a fool with the hefty amount of money she made today. It was a long drive but she does not care for as long as she made money.

She heard some rumbling sound from behind of her truck but she did not bother to check as it could be just the rain hitting some of her plastics.

She reached her home and was greeting people she passed by. Eunwoo lives in a province not far nor near the city. It was a 4 hours’ drive from her district to the city. She stretched her body from the long drive she made and decided to rest first before unloading the back of her truck.

After she ate her dinner and resting for a bit. She started to unload her truck. She puts down the basket one by one. Some of them are drench in rain but those are empty baskets and plastics. On the farther end of her truck she saw a bulging plastic. She stared at it and get startled when she saw a movement.

Eunwoo was starting to get frightened but she summoned her courage to check what it was. She grabbed a shovel which was the nearest to her reach. She climbed her truck and slowly went to where the plastic bag was located. It moved again.

Damn.

Eunwoo’s fear started to heighten, she tried to kick lightly with her foot and it responded.  She waited for a few seconds but it did not move. She slowly opened and stumbled. She fell on her but. She gasped upon revealing what the plastic bag was. There’s a girl inside the plastic bag.

She opened her further and her jaw dropped upon seeing the girl shivering. She kneeled down and the girl was hot as fire. The girl was probably drenched in rain.

She ripped the bag opened and assisted the girl go down. She was bigger and taller than her but Eunwoo is used into carrying baskets full of vegetables, fruits and flowers. She guided the girl inside her home and she dried her.

Eunwoo’s interest as to who the girl was peaked. By the looks of it, she knew that the girl is not from South Korea. She knew that she is a foreigner. The girl’s features tell her that.

Eunwoo has no choice but the shed her clothes. She felt uncomfortable undressing the girl so she asked her if she can at least change. The girl just nodded.

She let her lay on her bed and after a few while the girl drifted to sleep. She put a hot towel on the girl’s head making sure that heat will transmit to the towel. She wanted to ask who she was but the girl needed rest so she waited for her to wake up.

-0-

Kyla woke up feeling heavy. Her eyes were kind of blurry but she needed to know where she was, she sat up and the towel on her head dropped on her legs. She scanned the room and knew that she was in a room foreign to her. She then remembered what happened.

She was in her room in that luxurious hotel, she got bored and wanted to get out. Her being the princess does not give her the opportunity to explore the world. She asked her father for vacation only to be heavily guarded by some security people. She does not like that so she came with a plan.

She saw her guards sleeping which gave her an opportunity to sneak out. She hides somewhere and saw a trolley they use for housekeeping. She hides underneath and let the housekeeper keep her away. She reached the lobby and saw her guards panicking. They knew already. She then saw a truck parked nearby thus decided to ride it. She saw some of the guards looking for her so she hid in the plastic bags but on her way out to the hotel the rain dropped making her drenched and feverish.

“Are you feeling alright now?”

Kyla jumped a bit after hearing the voice that broke her flashback moment.

“A bit” Kyla responded.

The woman she assumed to be the owner of the house sat beside her and put her palm on her forehead and neck. She was checking her temperature.

“What happened to you? Who are you? How did you-“

“Wait…hold up”

Kyla had to hush the woman as she was firing questions. It was her very right to ask Kyla that but she’s still feeling a bit dizzy and her stomach startled to growl. They both looked at each other and Kyla gave a shy smile. She’s hungry. She didn’t need to tell the woman that as the food was actually ready.

She was helped by the woman and lead to the table. The food presented was in smaller portions and all foreign to her. The dishes were not even a quarter of what usually was dined for her but she knows that she does not have the right to complain. She looked at the foods and tried to process what it was but that seems to worry the woman across the table.

“I’m sorry if the food is not that grand –“

“Oh no no no”

She responded in English as she was panicking.  She then realized that she had been replying in English. She doesn’t know if the woman she was facing understands her but she could only assume.

“Please eat”

The woman encourage and she started to munched on the foods that was offered the woman across was just looking at her. She motioned her to eat which the older girl complied.

“I’m sorry but what is your name?” Kyla asked.

“My name is Eunwoo and I…” Eunwoo couldn’t complete her sentence. English was her weakness and the younger in front of her was trying to converse in language she fears the most.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I speak Korean too”

Finally, Kyla spoke Korean. Eunwoo sighed in relief as the girl would not give her a hard time talking to her.

-0-

Days had passed and Kyla was getting used to the way of living of Eunwoo. The older girl still does not have an idea of who she was or where she was really from. She just told her that she was lost and ended up riding Eunwoo’s truck.

Kyla was feeling at ease with Eunwoo and so does the latter. Eunwoo taught Kyla how to plant and she helped her harvest some of the fruits and vegetable. She would sometimes go with Eunwoo to deliver them but would stay home when Eunwoo would go to the city.

They were on their house watching some news and the weather forecast told them that heavy rains will be expected which is usual when summer in Korea.

Kyla watched Eunwoo sip her hot chocolate but Eunwoo started to feel the heavy gaze in her. She shifted her gaze and saw Kyla staring at her.

“Is there something wrong?” Eunwoo asked.

“Nothing, I’m just thankful to you.”

“Don’t mention it”

“How come you don’t have someone with you?”

“My parents died when I was young and I grew up relaying on myself”

“That’s impressive, how you manage your farm”

“I have to learn every single thing for me to live”

“That’s admirable”

“Don’t look at me like that, I’m starting to get conscious”

Eunwoo looked down starting to feel shy with Kyla’s stare she continued sipping her hot chocolate but Kyla’s gaze were still on her. She looked at her and Kyla motioned that something is on her lips.

“Huh?”

“There’s chocolate on your lips”

“Ah”

Eunwoo was about to reach for a napkin but was stopped by Kyla. The younger girl turned Eunwoo’s head facing her and landed her lips on Eunwoo’s lips.

The shorter girl was stricken in shock and her eyes widened upon feeling the soft lips of Kyla on her. It took her a while to process what was happening but she sort of enjoyed it. Kyla just wiped the chocolate on with her lips.

Kyla broke the kiss and Eunwoo was still shocked. The younger just smiled but Eunwoo suddenly felt shy. She tried to hide her red as heck cheeks but Kyla was just smiling at her.

She had to admit she had grown accustomed to her.

-----0-----
A/N: I can't believe this is happening. Finally, it happened. So this story line been on my mind for awhile now and I really wanted it of my head. This thought suddenly appeared while I was stuck in a 2 hour traffic from work to home. So yeah there you go.