Chapter 2

You're My Hocrux
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 2

 

 

 

Author’s POV

“Hey Sera, do you know Oh Sehun?”

“The 6th year student that looks like a prince? Of course I do.”

“Then, do you know Park Jiyeon?”

“The infamously gorgeous muggleborn also from the 6th year? Why do you ask?”

“I heard they were seen sleeping side by side in the main hall last weekend, in the early morning. Some said they spent the night together.”

“Really?! Aren’t they rumored to be so unfriendly to each other?”

“Yeah I heard about that too. I even saw them glaring at each other once.”

 

“Jiyeon, I think they’re talking about you.” Taehyung said as he stopped right behind two 4th year girls that were busy gossiping. Both urgently turned around with eyes wide opened, panicked to hear Taehyung’s voice.

“Whatever. I’m so used to it.” Jiyeon halfheartedly replied as she walked past the two girls and took a seat at the next table. The girls sighed in relieved but they later received a glare from Taehyung before him too joined Jiyeon at Gryffindor’s table.

“You don’t look too good lately, Jiyeon. Something is bothering you?” Taehyung asked before he shoved a cheese tart into his mouth.

“It’s just an old memory, it keeps coming back and haunt me. It totally spoils my mood.” Jiyeon answered while playing with her food on the plate using a fork without any intention of eating them. 

“Is it a bad one?” Taehyung curiously asked.

“Sort of. The one that I wish to forget but kind of impossible.” Jiyeon sighed.

“Hey! What did I miss?” Jungkook then appeared and joined them at the table.

“I don’t feel like eating. See you guys later.” Jiyeon suddenly stood up and quickly left the table.

“Is she alright?” Jungkook worriedly asked Taehyung.

“I don’t know too. She seems disturbed. Should we go after her?”

“No. Let her be. Maybe she needs some alone time. It’s quite rare to see her with such gloom expression.”

Meanwhile, Jiyeon rushed out from the main hall. When she was rushing her way, someone suddenly appeared from a corner and she accidentally bumped onto his shoulder. Jiyeon looked up to apologize but she caught a very cold gaze staring at her.

“Oh Sehun?” She uttered.

“Watch your way, muggle.” The guy hissed, also in a very cold voice.

“I have a name.” Jiyeon gritted her teeth as she talked.

“So? Does that change the fact that you’re a muggle?” Sehun asked.

Jiyeon couldn’t answer and it’s as if her voice was stuck in . They looked into each other’s eyes long without saying anything. Jiyeon clenched her fists in furious while Sehun just shot a smugly smirk before he finally looked away and walked past her just like that. Jiyeon turned around and took out her wand before pointing it towards Sehun’s back. But she didn’t, or actually couldn’t bring herself do anything until Sehun finally disappeared into the main hall. She sighed and put the wand back into her pocket.

“Forget it Jiyeon. Things won’t just change because you want it to.” Jiyeon told herself before she finally walked away.

 

-------------------------------------

 

            Jiyeon was walking along the corridor alone that afternoon after lunch. She didn’t have any more classes for the day so he’s thinking of heading back to the Gryffindor’s common room right away since Taehyung and Jungkook both still have classes. But on her way, someone suddenly blocked her way. Without lifting up her head to look at the person in front of her, Jiyeon just furiously scolded the person.

“Why are you standing on my way? Move,” However, the person didn’t move an inch and kept standing there, “Can’t you hear me? I said move!” She yelled and at the same time looked at the person. That was when her eyes widened in surprise.

“Should I move?” The person asked in his deep voice.

“No Professor Joo. I’m sorry I didn’t mean to.” She quickly apologized as the one blocking her way was her Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher who’s also Slytherin house teacher and who’s also her crush.

“It’s okay. You’re mad at someone? Should I teach that someone a lesson?” Professor Joo asked.

“Why can’t you just be Gryffindor’s house teacher instead?” Jiyeon accidentally blurted out her thought so she urgently covered , surprised.

Professor Joo just chuckled before he jokingly threatened Jiyeon, “Should I tell this to your house teacher or not? Maybe I should.”

“No! Please no!” Jiyeon desperately begged.

“I’m joking. So, what can I help you with?”

“One thing. If you saw Oh Sehun, please curse him with any charm that will give him severe pain every time he said ‘muggle’. Or better, just shut his mouth forever.” Jiyeon gritted her teeth, furious.

“I see. So it’s him again. It’s okay Jiyeon, he will shut his mouth by himself when he learns who you really are.”

“Who I really am?”

“Professor Joo, the headmaster is calling for you.” Someone suddenly appeared and interrupted their conversation.

“It’s my cue to leave. See you later Jiyeon.” The professor then left Jiyeon there alone, confused.

But in a split second, Jiyeon began squealing once the professor disappeared from her eyes. She was grinning so widely, being so happy that she was able to converse with her crush professor. Just by imagining the sweet smile he had on his face while talking to her just now, Jiyeon couldn’t help but to smile like a fool. After her fangirling mode finally come to an end, Jiyeon then made her way to the Gryffindor tower. However, only after a few steps, two people suddenly appeared and dragged her with them.

“Yah Kim Taehyung! Jeon Jungkook! What the hell are you guys doing?” She scolded her two friends.

“I heard there’s something fun happening in the main hall. Let’s go check it out together.” Taehyung told.

“Why are you guys dragging me along? I’m not interested in whatever happening in the main hall. I just wanna go back to the dorm.” Jiyeon struggled to get away from the two guys but they wouldn’t let her go.

“Come on Jiyeon. You should act like a normal student. Aren’t students supposed to be excited and gathered to watch if something fun happened?” Jungkook insisted.

“No! That’s such a childish thing to do.” Jiyeon denied, but at that time she was already too late because they had arrived at the main hall, “I just left this place and now I’m here again. This is such a waste of time.” She complained.

They joined the crowd to see what they were looking at. Both of the boys on Jiyeon’s left and right, being normal boys, were stunned at the beautiful sight in front of them. A pretty girl whom they hadn’t seen before were sitting at the Hufflepuff table while awkwardly smiling at the people staring at her. Jiyeon looked at the girl and then at her two friends while shaking her head in disbelief. She slapped the arms of both of them to bring them to their senses again.

“She’s so beautiful.” Jungkook sincerely told while seriously looking at Jiyeon and Taehyung.

“Yes! But of course, Jiyeon is prettier.” Taehyung urgently added at the end.

“I don’t care about who’s prettier that who. But I’m going now. What is so fun about looking at a beautiful stranger?” Jiyeon blabbered.

She was just about to turn around to leave when she heard the same irritating voice that always annoyed her, “Hello, Jung Chaeyeon. My family had informed me about your arrival to Hogwarts before. I’m Oh Sehun, the 9th generation of Oh.”

“Another pureblood.” Jiyeon whispered.

She immediately canceled her intention of leaving the hall when she saw Sehun politely greeted the new girl. A smirk appeared on her face as Sehun was seen slightly bowing and smiling at the girl while offering a handshake. The girl accepted the handshake and smiled back at Sehun, “I’m Chaeyeon. I heard about you from my father. He said there are two of the 9th generation here. You and your cousin, I suppose.”

“It’s me! I’m his cousin.” Taehyung suddenly admitted, making Jiyeon chuckled because he never recognized his relationship with Sehun before.

“Hm, my cousin Kim Taehyung.” Sehun half-heartedly introduced.

Jiyeon saw the new girl turned her head towards them to look at Taehyung. She shot a smile and that was when she realized that the smile was indeed quite beautiful. After a while, Jiyeon realized that it’s useless to stay there longer because nothing there got to do with her. She turned to leave but this time someone stopped her.

“Wait! You there… you’re from muggle word?” Jiyeon sighed in disbelief as she heard the girl was asking the question she had always heard, only that the girl used a more proper word.

Jiyeon turned back around and bitterly smiled before she answered the question, “Yes, I’m a muggleborn. So are you gonna ridicule me like any other proud pureblood did?”

“No! Why would I do such petty things?” The girl said and Jiyeon’s eyes went to Sehun who was standing next to the girl, somehow flustered at the words she uttered. The girl then approached Jiyeon and stopped right in front of her.

“Just in case. Because I know someone who loves doing so.” Jiyeon told, glaring at Sehun.

“That person must be bad. By the way, I like the boots you’re wearing.” Chaeyeon said as she pointed out long boots Jiyeon wore.

“This Chanel long boots? I used up my pocket money for a year to get this. You can’t borrow it.” Jiyeon quickly refused although Chaeyeon barely said she likes the boots.

“No I have no intention of borrowing it from you. It does not suit me anyway. But my previous school, Beauxbaton is in France. My muggle friends said that Paris is known as one of fashion capitals. I once wondered around the city and I went into a store with that symbol. I saw this boots and they’re so pretty.” She answered Jiyeon and pointed at the Coco Chanel brand logo on Jiyeon’s boots.

“Oh I see…” Jiyeon awkwardly answered, still couldn’t comprehend why the unknown new girl suddenly approached and acted all friendly.

“But it looks so good on you. And you’re beautiful too. Can we be frie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter