Chapter 1

You're My Hocrux
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 1

 

 

Author’s POV

            The corridors were crowded with students swarming into Hogwarts’ main hall that evening. Hundreds of voices were heard through the hallways but not as loud as the teachers’ voices instructing the students to be careful and stop all the talking while making their way in. As it has always been, there were four long tables inside the hall filled with the students sitting according to their houses. At the table at the right ends where students with green jumpers sit, some students were gathering as they’re staring at the person in the middle, almost amusingly.

“It is inherited by my ancestor, which was believed to be one of the best wizards ever exist in this world. It’s a fortune stone that can grant me any kind of wishes. But careful, only the purest of the purest blood can touch this.” A handsome boy with blonde hair was proudly smiling as he shows a green shining stone on his palm.

“What happens if someone who is not the purest of the purest blood touches this?” A girl curiously asked.

“They will be cursed, forever.” The boy answered with a smugly smirk.

“Show us something, Sehun. Make a wish so we know this is real.” Someone else requested.

“Sure why not.” He nodded.

The boy was just about to say something when cheers and applause echoed through the hall. Students at the table next to them were clapping their hands, whistling, and cheering as if they were welcoming someone, “Looks like their muggleborn queen has arrived.” Someone told.

His eyes shifted towards the entrance where a girl walked in like a supermodel, with every steps taken seemed to be very bright, she curled a wide smile while waving at the Gryffindor family members. Her brown hair was styled into a cute messy bun. Her uniform fit just right on her lean body and she was wearing a stylish knee high boots. She was carrying her robes on her right hand and only started wearing it once she arrived at her seat.

“I hate that confident smile.” Sehun hissed as he stared at the girl with a disgust look, “And what the hell does Kim Taehyung do at the Gryffindor’s table? He’s such a disgrace!” Sehun furiously slapped the table hard, expressing his anger, “As usual, he’s hanging out with his lowly half-blood and muggleborn friend. Look at the way he dresses too. Park Jiyeon is a bad influence!” He kept complaining while the others just nodded.

“Hey pure-blood guy!” Someone suddenly shouted from the Gryffindor’s table.

“That lowly muggleborn is rude! She dares to call you by your name!” One of Sehun’s friends said.

“Why are you looking so tense, Oh Sehun? It’s only the first day, and the first years aren’t even here yet. Are you having a bad day?” The girl they were looking at boldly asked before sending a teasing grin.

“How dare someone as lowly as you say my name so rudely like that?!” Sehun stood up, frowning at the group.

“Your name is nothing special anyway. By the way, please do something about that ugly hair of yours. It looks as greasy as your pride.” Once Jiyeon said that, her group of friends began laughing.

Feeling humiliated, Sehun furiously took out his wand from inside his robe. He was just about to curse Jiyeon when the headmaster suddenly appeared in front of him, smiling, “Peace no war.” Headmaster Kim said while showing a peace sign, “I’ll deal with you guys later okay. Let’s not give our first years a culture shock because of a bloody battle only on their first day at school, okay?” He smiled at both Sehun and Jiyeon before joining other teachers. They just glared at each other before looking away, showing their obvious hatreds that have remained since their first year until now.

 

---

 

            The Gryffindors all swarmed to the Gryffindor tower where their common room was placed at. They arrived in front of The Fat Lady portrait, which was the only entrance to their common room. She was singing a song which made the students laughing seeing the always cheerful moving portrait. Meanwhile, the first year students were all staring at the portrait in amazement. Jiyeon then proudly walked to the front, facing the Fat Lady.

“Password.” The portrait said.

“Coco Chanel.” Jiyeon answered and the Fat Lady confusedly frowned at her.

“What kind of word is that?” Hearing the question, Jiyeon just laughed playfully, managed to trick even a moving portrait, “Try doing that one more time and I won’t let you pass until the end of this term,” The Fat Lady threatened.

“Make way please.” Someone suddenly squeezed his body through the students and joined Jiyeon in front, “Golden cup.” He told.

“Please come in.” The Fat lady finally opened up the entrance, revealing the circular room decorated with several shades of red.

“Thanks Jungkook!” Jiyeon then ruffled Jungkook’s hair and made her way into the common room followed by other students behind her.

The prefects guided the first year students into their dorms while other students were also making their way to the dorms. Jiyeon and Jungkook however, took a seat on a comfy couch facing their fireplace, enjoying the warmth coming from there, “You know Jiyeon, Taehyung told me he tried to bribe Headmaster Kim to let him transfer to our house.” Jungkook started the conversation.

Jiyeon laughed upon hearing Jungkook’s story, “That kid is surely desperate. It’s weird how different he and that Oh Sehun guy considering they’re cousins. While Sehun is so proud about that damn pure-blood stuff, Taehyung simply thinks the idea is absurd.”

“Yeah he said Sehun is conservative.”

“How did the headmaster respond by the way?” Jiyeon curiously asked.

“He said if only Taehyung didn’t try to bribe him, he’d consider the request. And headmaster also said that Taehyung’s father might kill him for doing that so he rejected the request.”

“The sorting hat must have sent him to Slytherin only because all his other family members were a Slytherin. Poor Taehyung.”

“Whatever Jiyeon. It’s getting late so we better off to our dorms now. I have Professor Joo’s class tomorrow morning. What an unfortunate way to start a new term. His dark expression always make me feel depress.” Jungkook sighed as he was reminded of the Slytherin’s house teacher. 

“Professor Joo is so handsome. I don’t mind sitting in his class all day.” Jiyeon began facepalming as she was imagining the professor’s handsome face.

Jungkook threw a pillow that landed right on her face, “You should’ve swapped houses with Taehyung. That way you can see Professor Joo anytime.”

“Great idea. Maybe I should also go to headmaster Kim and convinced him to help me with that. Now leave!” Jiyeon then took the pillow and threw it back towards Jungkook which he managed to avoid, “Tch, I forgot you’re an agile Quidditch player.”

Jungkook just responded with sticking out his tongue to tease Jiyeon before he ran into the boys’ dorm. Jiyeon later made her way to the girls’ dorm as well, leaving the common room empty.

 

--------------------------------

 

            Jiyeon walked through the crowded corridor alongside many other students as everyone was heading to classes. With the way she dressed differently from others, to her stylish designer bag and her beautifully styled hair, she sure grabbed everyone’s attention as she passed. What really amazed other students was how casually she walked wearing those high heels they could barely see anyone wore in the magic community. Jiyeon basically didn’t care about all those stares she received because she’s been receiving the same reactions for six years and she had already grew used to it.

“Morning Jiyeon!” Someone suddenly jumped in front of her, making Jiyeon startled.

“Yah Kim Taehyung! Why are you giving me heart attack since early morning?!” Jiyeon scolded.

“Sorry Jiyeon you look cute when you’re surprised heheh.” Taehyung shot a stupid grin.

“By the way you look handsome today! But let me fix your fringe first so your dreamy eyes won’t be hidden.” Taehyung enthusiastically nodded before he stayed still, letting Jiyeon do her work. She began pushing Taehyung’s fringe to the side a bit so the hairs wouldn’t cover Taehyung’s eyes, “Now you look handsome!”

“Oh yeah!” Taehyung excitedly exclaimed, “How about the way I dressed?” He then began turning around while Jiyeon was observing like a total expert.

“Shirt that fit just right on your body, Sleeves folded up just right below your elbows, almost skinny cotton slacks, sophisticated-looking leather shoes… wow! Taehyung you did well. Glad to know you really learn how to dress properly. I’m so proud of you!” Jiyeon jumped to his side and wrapped her arm around Taehyung’s neck while he just curled a proud smile.

“Are you heading straight to class? Let’s go to the main hall and eat breakfast together? Jungkook must be there too.” Taehyung then suggested.

“Food? Why not. Let’s go!” Jiyeon lively linked her arm with Taehyung’s.

They were just about to move when Sehun and his group of friends appeared in front of them. They were judgingly staring at Jiyeon and Taehyung while Sehun had a smugly smirk on his face as he approached the two of them, “Kim Taehyung, why do you keep mingling around this mudblood? You’ll receive his jinx.” He insulted.

“Well, I’ve been mingling around Jiyeon for five years and I’ve never experienced any bad luck. However, you do look like you’re jinxed with how dull you look. Maybe you should stop befriending your own kind. Come with us. I’m sure Jiyeon wouldn’t mind, right?” Taehyung then looked at Jiyeon which she replied with a quick nod.

“You’re always welcomed Oh Sehun, and I’ll show you how good you’ll look with different hairstyle.” Jiyeon smirked.

“You have nothing else to insult but my hair? That shows how lowly you actually are. Let me teach you a lesson.” Sehun pulled out his wand but before he could do anything, Taehyung’s voice had already echoed in the corridor.

“Expelliarmus!”

Sehun’s wand flew from his grip once Taehyung said the disarming spell, “How dare you.” He clenched his fists and gritted his teeth in anger as Taehyung curled a winning smirk.

“Swag!” Taehyung shouted and Jiyeon at the side only laughed. They then just walked passed the angry Sehun as if he wasn’t there.

“What did he say just now? Swake? Suweg? Is that some kind of spell too?” People began whispering while Sehun was still furious there, feeling humiliated.

 

Jiyeon and Taehyung arrived at the main hall and went straight to the Gryffindor’s table where Jungkook was seen sitting with some other friends. The two quickly joined Jungkook and friends before grabbing themselves a chicken sandwich each, “Still confused of which house you actually belong to, Taehyung? You’re already on your 5th year. Haha!” One of the Gryffindors teased Taehyung.

“Some say we can actually tell the sorting hat which house we want to be sorted into. I regret not doing that five y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter