Chapter 3

You're My Hocrux
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 3

 

 

Author’s POV

The Halloween party in Hogwarts castle finally began. The night was lively but chilling at the same time with the Halloween decorations in the castle. The common rooms of all houses were decorated with Halloween themes but still with their respective color. The corridors were filled with students wearing their costumes. The castle ghosts were exceptionally bright that night. Sometimes they would pop out from the wall and ceiling, surprising the students. The ghosts also enjoyed gliding through the air in the great hall where the party took place. The hall, as decorated by the teachers and some students, was magnificent. The tables were filled with many candies, cakes, and other foods.

Jiyeon and her friends were at Gryffindor’s table, enjoying their feasts. While others were dressed in hideous costumes, Jiyeon was wearing a plain maxi dress that lies beautifully on her lean body.

“You’re so not fun Jiyeon. You don’t even wear a costume.” Luna who had to paint her whole face green to look like an evil witch then complained.

“Hey, this is a costume okay. I’m playing a plain normal muggle. This counts as a costume in magic world right?” Jiyeon reasoned.

“Well, Jiyeon has a point.” Taehyung agreed.

“Anyways, the house-elves are so talented. This carrot cake is perfectly delicious! I wish I could hire one of them but my parents would probably faint them moment they saw it.” Jiyeon blabbered with full of carrot cake.

“As expected, you muggle is always lack of manner.” A cold voice was suddenly heard behind Jiyeon, which was not very surprising because the owner of the voice had always appeared and spitted out any rude words to her.

Jiyeon turned around with a sarcastic sweet smile, “Of course, as if this pureblood prince has manners at all. Wake up, because you don’t.”

“Come on Sehun hyung. You don’t have to make a fuss right here. It’s Halloween feast and everyone is here to enjoy the night. If you don’t like it here, just leave quietly.” Taehyung then said as he stood up facing his cousin.

“Kim Taehyung, I’ll surely tell your mother about what you’ve been doing in Hogwarts all this while. I think you should wait for a bad news to come in from now on.” With that, Sehun arrogantly walked away towards his house table.

“That guy is so unfortunate. He’s here for merely a minute but the atmosphere has become so unpleasant. Okay then, it’s my cue to go. I’m full and sleepy. You guys just enjoy the night. Goodbye.” Without giving any chance for her friends to stop her, Jiyeon stood up and left the table right away. She was moping along the corridor to Gryffindor’s common room when she accidentally stumbled on a skeleton’s head that seemed to fall off from the wall’s decoration. She was about to fall flat on the floor and could already imagine herself with a broken nose.

“Arresto momentum.” A cold voice uttered from behind her and she could feel her body was suddenly feeling light before she gently fell onto the floor without any injury.

Feeling grateful that she was able to avoid sleeping in the Hogwart’s hospital wing, Jiyeon quickly stood up and turned around to thank the person. But her eyes widened in surprise and her voice seemed to be stuck in . The smile she had on her face before disappeared in a split second once her eyes caught the person who was standing behind her right now. Contrarily, the cold expressionless face in front of her was replaced with a smugly smirk, enjoying Jiyeon’s reaction. That person was none other but the person she expected the least, Oh Sehun.

“Why? You’re about to thank me right? Why the sudden silence?” Sehun arrogantly questioned.

“I’d rather fall down multiple times than being saved by you once.” Jiyeon hissed, receiving a teasing chuckle as a reply from Sehun.

“Why are you being so aloof to me Jiyeon? Weren’t we friends?” He asked with a teasing smirk on his face as slowly stepped forward towards Jiyeon.

“Don’t twist the fact. We both know what happened.”

Before Sehun could answer Jiyeon, they heard footsteps coming closer. Jiyeon could feel a sudden tug on her wrist and was covered with Sehun’s palm. He just dragged her into an empty classroom before Jiyeon could do or say anything.

 

 

Sehun’s POV

            I went to my house table after annoying Jiyeon and her friends. I think that’s becoming my habit and daily activities after doing it for almost six years by now. It’s fun every time. Their reactions were always satisfying, although lately Jiyeon seemed to lose interest in entertaining me. I was just about to take my seat together with my friends before I instinctively turned my head around to check on the crazy circle of friends at their house table. But then my eyes caught Jiyeon leaving the table and walked out of the hall. Without bothering to explain myself to my friends, I also left the table and swiftly made my way out of the hall so I wouldn’t lose Jiyeon’s trace. My brain was working on new ideas to annoy the girl while my feet took steady steps following Jiyeon who’s a few meters in front. She suddenly stepped on a skeleton’s head and was falling down the floor.

“Arresto momentum.” Yes, I just saved her from breaking her nose.

I saw she stood up and brightly turned around. I was expecting a thank you from her, but her reaction was a normal response that I expected more than a thank you. The smile on her face disappeared and her big eyes were looking at me coldly, as if she despised me a lot.

“Why? You’re about to thank me right? Why the sudden silence?”

“I’d rather fall down multiple times than being saved by you once.”

“Why are you being so aloof to me Jiyeon? Weren’t we friends?”

“Don’t twist the fact. We both know what happened.”

Yes, we both know what happened. Although it happened almost six years ago but I could still clearly remember it, and I knew she did too. I saw she clenched her fists at the mention of our history and I could only scorn at her. I covered and grabbed her to an empty classroom when I heard someone’s footsteps approaching. Once I let go of her, she was glaring at me with a very hateful stare. I only smiled as a reply but her expression remained unchanged.

“We were we before?” I asked, breaking the silence.

“I don’t wanna talk to you. Get lost.” She cold uttered under her breath before making an attempt to leave to classroom but I pointed my wand towards the door.

“Colloportus.” I whispered and the door was then locked.

“We don’t know each other, remember? Why are being petty like this now?” She talked, finally looking straight into my eyes.

I stepped forward, reducing the distance between us but she took steps back. I kept approaching while she kept retreating until her back finally reached the wall, a dead end. But her eyes were still boldly staring into mine, or she’s actually frowning. I smirked again, still enjoying her reaction.

“But I know you too well. What do I do then?” I curled a teasing smirk, again.

“Ridiculous. You don’t know me, and I don’t know you. We’re just two persons hating each other.” Her voice trembled as she talked.

“You act so tough but you’re actually a very sensitive person. You don’t like chocolate. You hate seeing the wizards with their measly cloaks and dark colored clothes. You don’t like involving yourself in troubles. You regularly have nightmares when you sleep. You’re scared of being left alone. See, I know plenty about you.” I bragged and her expression finally changed from stern to an expressionless one.

“I don’t wanna talk to you anymore.” Her voice lowered and her eyes were on the ground, avoiding my gaze. She moved and made another attempt to leave but I quickly grabbed her shoulders and made her face me like before.

“Do you still have nightmares like six years ago?” I asked.

“No. I don’t have them anymore.” Jiyeon answered and her eyes were still staring at the distance, avoiding my eyes.

“Liar. You cried and begged for help in your sleep when we were locked in the main hall. I had to go to you to calm you down but you held me so tightly and didn’t let me go away. I couldn’t sleep that night just to help you only to get harassed by you right after you woke up.”

“You don’t have to help me! Why would you do that? I don’t need your help.”

“Because I care for you!”

I guessed I was finally going crazy. Why did I say that? But Jiyeon’s face is changing again. She seemed rather flustered by my answer, “Why are you doing this to me Sehun? Is this one of your way to torture me? Why did you say such thing after six years? You should just keep yelling hurtful words and annoying me until we finally don’t see each other anymore. That is how it should be! Why are you playing my feelings? Who do you think you are?!”

Her tears were rolling down her cheeks like crazy. She’s right. It’ll be less hurtful if I just kept it as it is. It was always me. Back then until now, I was the problematic one. I silently observed Jiyeon as she kept wiping away the endless tears, which was useless. She stopped sobbing when my fingers reached her cheek. I leaned closer and I noticed she closed her eyes. Our lips were only an inch away and I also shut my eyes, letting my lips landed on Jiyeon’s soft lips. I could feel my heart was beating fast once Jiyeon returned the kiss. My hands instinctively s around Jiyeon’s body and I pulled her closer into my embrace. Jiyeon’s hands landed on my back and that slight touch was enough to send shivers to my spine. The kiss turned passionate and I wondered myself if this had been our hidden desire all this time. I shouldn’t be doing this, but I couldn’t hold myself. I would probably be forever guilty later, but this could be my last chance.

I’m so sorry Jiyeon.

After a while, we broke the kiss but she’s still in my arms. She was staring at me with her teary eyes, and for the first time after years I curled a sincere smile. I really wanted you to remember this smile, Jiyeon. But that’s impossible. I gently let her off my arms and we were both noiselessly staring at each other. After six years, I could finally see her looking at me so passionately, as if I was the love of her life instead of her enemy. This was enough for me. I didn’t wanna end this so quickly, but we were not meant to be. She was smiling so lovingly at me when I took out my wand and pointed it right on her forehead. The smile on her face disappeared in a split second.

“I’m sorry…” I whispered.

“Sehun what are you—”

“Obliviate.”

I muttered before Jiyeon could finish talking. Her eyes seemed empty and her expression went blank for a few seconds before she eventually regained her conscience. She confusedly looked at me in front of her and talked in her usual hateful tone, “Oh Sehun? Why are you standing so close to me? Why am I here?”

“You don’t remember?” I asked.

“Why? Wait… did you harass me?! You ert!” Jiyeon suddenly raised her leg and kicked me on my nuts.

“Ouch! Damn that hurts.” I murmured as I felt an unbelievable pain down there.

“I can’t believe it. You’re so disgusting. What’s the point of being a pureblood if you’re acting so low like this?” She glared at me  in disgust before making her way to the door, later realizing it was locked, “You even locked the door?! Unbelievable! Alohomora.”

With that, she walked out the room and slammed the door loudly. It’s amusing that she changed in a split second. I guessed my memory charm worked then. Now that I had erased her memory of us being passionate just now, I should go back to being the Sehun that she hates. We

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter