Chapter 6

You're My Hocrux
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 6

 

Author’s POV

            Hogwarts was once again filled with the students flocking in the corridor after the Christmas break. The snows were still falling down in the Hogwarts compound as the students were all wrapped in their scarves due to the chilled weather. Jiyeon was seen passing through the hallway with her fashionable winter clothes. Her stylish boots always stood out the most. Her steps were fast as she was cat-walking passing all the students towards the main hall where the students were having their lunch. She went straight to Gryffindor’s table as she saw the person she’s looking for.

“Accio drumstick.” Taehyung was enjoying his lunch with Jungkook and was just about to take a huge bite of the grilled chicken drumstick when Jiyeon used the spell to take away the chicken from him.

The chicken flew off Taehyung’s grip and went towards Jiyeon, “Park Jiyeon!” Taehyung scolded.

Jiyeon approached the two boys and took a seat in between them while eating the chicken she took from Taehyung just now. The boy was just watching his food getting eaten away by the girl. After finishing the chicken, Jiyeon suddenly shot a death glare towards Taehyung, making him looked down anxiously, “You told me you’ve informed your parents about coming to my house for Christmas break. What actually happened? Be honest.”

“To be very honest… I told my parents that I wanna stay in Hogwarts during the break. I knew if I told them the truth, they won’t allow me to go. However, they suddenly came and pick me up as soon as the Christmas break started. I’m sorry Jiyeon. I heard from Jungkook about Sehun hyung. I seriously don’t know how he ended up in your area. It had nothing to do with me.” Taehyung explained himself.

“I was so excited for no reason. In fact, my Christmas break was ruined because of that crazy guy. And I’m so disappointed that you lied to me.” Jiyeon shook her head in disappointment.

“But honestly, Sehun is not that bad.” Jungkook suddenly joined in the conversation.

“What do you mean ‘not that bad’?” Jiyeon glared at Jungkook as she asked the question.

Luckily Jungkook wasn’t that afraid of Jiyeon so he just threw his honest answer, “I spent some times with him at your house and he’s really not that bad. He seemed pretty normal, as clueless like a wizard should be when living among muggles. I don’t care how the hell he ended up in your house Jiyeon and you hated the fact, but let’s be honest that Sehun didn’t do any harm when he was in your house. Instead he seemed to get along well with your parents.” Jungkook told.

Taehyung pouted as he heard the story, “I was supposed to be there. I’m the one who should get along well with Jiyeon’s parents.”

“Pity you, cousin.” The voice that suddenly appeared totally changed the mood.

Jiyeon and Taehyung turned their heads around only to see Sehun standing behind them, smirking. Jungkook who had noticed Sehun earlier because he’s sitting facing both of her friends just smiled Sehun. Jiyeon then stood up from her seat and faced the guy who supposedly had ruined her Christmas.

“Can you just screw off.” She hissed.

“I thought we’re friends now that I even had spent my Christmas at your house.” Sehun teased.

“Friends? Are you kidding me? You dare to say that we’re friends now?” Jiyeon sent a meaningful gaze with a hint of pain in her eyes.

Sehun’s arrogant smirk disappeared as he knew Jiyeon was still hurting about what he had done to her five years ago. He was mentally scolding himself for reminding Jiyeon of their painful past, “It was a joke. Why would I even thought of you as a friend? I only came here to make sure that you won’t go around telling people about my short getaway at your house. It’ll ruin my image. Goodbye!”

Jiyeon’s eyes just tailed Sehun until he settled at the Slytherin’s table, “I hate him.”

“Yeah me too.” Taehyung added.

“Well I’m not.” Jungkook said his honest answer only get receive death glares from his two friends.

 

---

 

            It’s the weekend and the students were happily enjoying their free times. While some were spending their time at Hogsmeade, some others were in the castle. Rejecting her friends’ invitation to go to Hogsmeade to enjoy butter bear, Jiyeon spent her Saturday by the Black Lake alone. No students really went there because there’s nothing special there other than its beautiful scenery. Jiyeon carefully hopped into a boat that was tied to a tree by the lake. She sat there alone while staring to the distance.

“It’s so beautiful.” She muttered seeing the mountains surrounding the place.

Once in a while she would insert her hands into the pockets of her stylish padded parka when the cold breeze made their way. Her nose had turned red but she couldn’t care less. It almost looked as if she was enjoying the breeze that everyone else wanted to avoid. She shifted her gaze towards the Black Lake water beyond the boat she was sitting in. She instinctively took out her right hand from the pocket and dipped her finger into the water, only to urgently pull her finger off the water while squealing due to the ice cold temperature.

“Are muggles usually that dumb?” A voice broke the calmness of the lake.

Knowing that voice too well, Jiyeon turned her head around to give the voice’s owner a death glare, “Screw off.” She hissed.

Sehun was standing just right behind Jiyeon at the riverside with a smirk on his face, “You haven’t answered my question. Is it just you or all muggles are that dumb to actually dip their finger on an obviously cold water?” He didn’t give up.

“I’m not in the mood for a useless fight with you pureblood. Just leave.” Jiyeon halfheartedly replied without even looking at him.

Upon hearing the answer, the smirk disappeared from Sehun’s face. He couldn’t accept the fact that Jiyeon wasn’t a usual feisty girl that was ready to kill him for getting on her nerves. He was afraid of the fact that Jiyeon might never talk to him for real anymore. Sehun abruptly made his way towards the boat and jumped onto it, causing the boat to swing left and right. Panicked, Jiyeon pulled Sehun to sit so the boat would stop moving, avoiding both of them from drowning in the cold water.

“What the hell Sehun?!” Jiyeon scolded.

“What? We’re safe.” Sehun told.

“Why can’t you just leave me alone? I get it already. I’m a muggle and I don’t belong here in the magic world. So just stop bothering me now, okay?” Jiyeon said in a weak voice as she was getting ready to leave the boat.

“Want to talk?” Sehun suddenly said, halting Jiyeon from leaving.

“What do you mean?” She confusedly asked Sehun.

“You look like you’re having a rough time. Do you want to talk?”

Jiyeon smirked in disbelief, “Acting nice now, huh? You’re the last person I want to see if I’m having a rough time. You surely know how and when is the right time to piss me off.”

“Hey. I’ve been thinking. Remember six years ago when you said we can still be friends in secret so my father will not know about it, does that offer still open for me?” Sehun looked at Jiyeon with a soft expression, an expression Jiyeon hadn’t seen for years.

“Stop playing with my feelings, Sehun.” Jiyeon said, almost sound like begging.

“I’m not. Why do you think I followed all the way to your house and spent my Christmas break with you? I was so happy that time.” Sehun curled a soft smile as he spoke.

“Why Sehun?” Jiyeon asked, still in disbelief.

“Because… I like you. Since when I first saw you, until now. I never stopped liking you.”

A brief silence surrounded them after Sehun suddenly confessed his feeling. He saw Jiyeon’s eyes were getting teary before the tears finally fell down her cheeks. She was slightly sobbing while her fingers were busy wiping away the tears, “You did it Sehun. You won. You’re indeed an amazing pureblood. I stand no chance against you. I’m just a muggleborn, and I deserve this. Your father must be so proud of you, for being able to break apart a useless muggleborn and put her in her right place.” She then jumped from the boat to the riverside.

Sehun quickly stood up and also went to riverside to chase after Jiyeon. He grabbed her wrist and stop her, “Hey! I don’t understand. What did I say wrong? I said I like y—”

“Silencio,” Before Sehun could finish his words, Jiyeon had already taken out her magic wand and casted a silencing spell on him, stopping his voice from coming out. Jiyeon harshly pulled her hand away from Sehun’s grip and ran without turning back, leaving Sehun stood there alone, and silently watching as Jiyeon disappeared from his sight.

 

---

 

“Stop this, Jung Ha. Your deed will only bring harm to the wizarding world. Oh Soo, you know this is wrong. Let us all put a stop in this now!”

“Don’t you wanna rule this world together with us, Ji Han? You don’t know how it feels when people are scared of you, how powerful it feels when you are controlling the world. This ancient magic that we discover can give us all everything that we could only imagine!”

“NO! That is exactly why I don’t want to have the kind of power you are offering. I don’t want to be slave to such kind of power. I don’t want to be like all of you, I’d rather die!”

“Then die.” A green light filled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter