Chapter 5

You're My Hocrux
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter 5

 

 

Author’s POV

            Jiyeon stood in front of a big house while sighing. She took a heavy step towards the door and then rang the doorbell. Within a minute, she could hear the door was being unlocked from inside. As expected, two people appeared from inside while excitedly exclaimed upon seeing Jiyeon. Actually being as excited as the two people were, Jiyeon happily jumped and hugged them both, her parents.

“You’re finally home Jiyeon! We miss you so much.” Her mom said.

Her dad then began pinching her cheeks, adoring his daughter, “We’ve been waiting. I miss you our cute little baby.”

“I’m not a cute little baby anymore daddy.” Jiyeon pouted.

“You’re always my little baby Jiyeon.” Her dad stubbornly said.

“Oh Jiyeon’s friend. Sorry we didn’t notice you standing there before. Taehyung right?” Her mom’s voice attracted Jiyeon and her dad’s attention.

Finally noticing a boy was standing behind Jiyeon while anxiously staring at them, Jiyeon’s dad then rushed forward and offered to shake their hand. But the boy seemed confused for a while before he reached out his hand to receive the handshake. But right after that, Jiyeon’s dad pulled him into a friendly hug, making the boy’s eyes widened in surprise.

“Mom, dad, this is not Taehyung. His name is Sehun.” Jiyeon explained while her eyes were observing Sehun’s reaction when her dad just hugged him like that.

“Sehun? Did we remember the name wrong? I remember well in your text message—”

“Sorry I got the name wrong.” Jiyeon cut her mom’s words, “Taehyung is his cousin so I accidentally typed the wrong name before. He’s the friend that I said will spend the Christmas holiday with us. But unfortunately Sehun maybe have to leave early for some reason.”

“Ah why? I’ve always had to spend my Christmas with two ladies. This time I finally have a guy partner. Why do you have to leave early?” Jiyeon’s dad made a sad face as he looked at Sehun.

“No daddy. He can’t be here for too long. He has to go back home tomorrow.” Jiyeon insisted.

“It’s okay. I think I can stay until the end of Christmas holiday. My family wouldn’t mind. So Uncle Park, don’t worry. I can be your good friend for these two weeks.” Sehun suddenly said, making Jiyeon’s jaw dropped in disbelief.

“Yah Oh Sehun! What do you think you’re doing?!” Jiyeon unknowingly yelled, making her parents shocked at her sudden aggressiveness.

“Don’t worry Jiyeon. I’ll inform my family later.” Sehun secretly smirked at Jiyeon.

“Yeah Jiyeon. You don’t have to raise your voice at your friend. Come in Sehun. I’ll make you a hot chocolate. It’s cold outside.” Jiyeon’s mom then pulled Sehun into the house while her husband just tailed behind, leaving Jiyeon outside there alone.

“What is he trying to do? Did he plan this before? But why?!” Jiyeon annoyingly stomped her feet as she also entered the house.

They all had a late dinner together. It was the most awkward dinner ever for Jiyeon as the person that she spent her six years despising on was now sitting next to her while enjoying a cup of hot chocolate together with her parents. Sehun didn’t talk much, probably wasn’t used with having himself surrounded by muggles. After a while, Jiyeon’s mom then led Sehun to a room she had initially prepared for Taehyung although she had no idea that the guy that arrived with Jiyeon wasn’t the one they’re actually waiting for.

“Make yourself at home.” The middle-aged woman said while smiling.

“Thanks.” Sehun briefly answered and she later left the room.

Once Jiyeon’s mom left, he began wandering around the room while looking around. The contemporarily designed house was quite different from the old mansion his family was staying at. He slid open the door to the balcony, letting the cold breeze to enter the room. He took his step outside the balcony and just silently watched the snow delicately fell onto the ground.

“Do you plan to live with us muggles now?” A voice talked.

Sehun turned around and saw Jiyeon was leaning against the wall behind him with her arms crossed. He could clearly see suspicions filling her pair of dark brown eyes as she stared straight at him. Sehun then curled a teasing smile before answering her, “It was fascinating, seeing how your muggle parents treat me nicely.”

“What are you planning? Leave my parents out of your wicked plan because they got nothing to do with the magic world.” Jiyeon sent a stern gaze, warning Sehun that she wasn’t joking.

“You brought me here. It’s not like I asked for it.” Sehun said an excuse.

“I don’t care. You’re leaving tomorrow. Don’t ever think of doing anything weird. Just enjoy your stay here while you can.” With that, Jiyeon left the room slamming the door.

“Feisty,” Sehun mumbled while smiling as Jiyeon left the room.

Sehun lied his back down onto the comfy bed and stared at ceiling. He remembered his crazy sudden plan of coming to muggle world this morning. He just happened to remember hearing Taehyung said he’ll be coming back with Jiyeon during Christmas holiday, therefore Sehun decided to make his uncle and aunt to come and pick Taehyung up so he wouldn’t be able to join Jiyeon. Instead, he took Taehyung’s place and ended up coming here just as he planned. He really freaked out when encountering drunk muggle man, especially with his first time being in unfamiliar place without his parents or any other family members.

“Jiyeon’s parents seem nice. But, they’re still muggles.”

 

---

 

            The next morning, Sehun stirred awake from the coldness that chilled his body. He reluctantly went off the bed to take his jacket from the bag but his ears suddenly caught a beautiful melody coming from downstairs. He then decided to just go down so he quickly went to wash his face, put on a sweater, and leave the room. On his way down the stairs, his eyes caught Jiyeon’s back sitting in front of a piano while her fingers were dancing gracefully on the keys. Amused, he silently approached Jiyeon while enjoying the melody.

“You’re the one producing this beautiful sound?”

“Oh !” Jiyeon yelled in surprise to hear Sehun’s voice behind her. The music ended with her accidentally pressed the wrong key due to the shock. She turned back and sent a death glare towards Sehun, “Can you just get lost?”

“Whoa, you don’t have to be so fierce. It’s still early in the morning. I was just asking.” Sehun showed an annoyed face.

“It’s my house. I’ll do whatever I want.” Jiyeon arrogantly said.

“But I have to admit, you’re good. This thing is better than using singing toads.” Sehun replied, referring to one of the music instruments in wizard world, which is a toad.

“Can you please get lost? You just ruined my morning.” Jiyeon promptly got up from the chair and disappeared into the kitchen where her parents were at.

Ding Dong!

Sehun was just about to follow Jiyeon to the kitchen when the doorbell rang. He went to the front door and encountered an intercom that displayed the visual of the person waiting outside the door. He curled a naughty smile as he opened door, revealing the happy looking boy standing there with a big smile.

“Good mor— uwaarggh!” The boy didn’t manage to finish his greeting as he began to shriek in surprise upon seeing Sehun in front of him.

“Good morning, Jungkook.” Sehun simply said while the boy was still staring at him in shock, whilst holding his chest.

“You?! Why are you here? This is Jiyeon’s house, right?” Jungkook took a few steps backward to check on the house, in case he was wrong.

“Yes Jungkook. This is my house. You’re in the right place.” Jiyeon appeared from behind Sehun while sighing.

“Why is he here then?!” Jungkook asked, still freaking out.

“It’s not really a long story. Just come in first.” Jiyeon went towards Jungkook and dragged him into the house with her. Sehun playfully wriggled his brows as Jungkook walked passed him, teasing the already confused boy.

“Oh Jungkook you’re here!” Jiyeon’s mom exclaimed upon seeing Jungkook getting dragged by Jiyeon into the house.

“Jiyeon-ah, mom and dad will go out to shop for Christmas now. Mom had prepared some foods for you guys so make sure you guys eat okay?” Jiyeon’s dad then said as he’s getting ready to leave.

“Alright dad, mom. Be careful.” Through the window, Jiyeon watched until her dad’s car leaving the porch before she turned back towards the two boys, “Okay Sehun, it’s your cue to get lost now.” Jiyeon harshly told.

“That fast?” Sehun questioned.

“You are not supposed to be here in the first place so go get your stuffs upstairs and leave instantly.” Jiyeon insisted.

“Too bad. I kinda like it here though.” Sehun said.

“No. You’re supposed to be grossed out by the fact that you’re in a muggle’s house.” Jiyeon corrected him.

“Wait Jiyeon. Can you at least explain the situation to me? How the hell did this guy end up in your house? Were you possibly frustrated that you couldn’t bring Taehyung here so you took him instead?” Jungkook guessed.

“I’m not that crazily desperate Jungkook. This guy somehow lost his way at the King Cross station and ran onto a drunken man. You know how useless he is outside Hogwarts because we’re underage and can’t use magic outside school, so I had to use my precious Burberry duffle bag to hit the man and take this guy with me. My parents mistook him as my friend and treated him nicely. He refused to leave and I don’t know what’s his plan for staying here.” Jiyeon told and Jungkook finally understood the situation.

“I see. And now he refuses to leave? Why?” Jungkook then turned to Sehun, sending a suspicious gaze.

“I just want to see how the muggles celebrate Christmas. I want to confirm for myself how pitiful the muggles are.” Sehun answered.

“Ughh I’m so sick of hearing him running his dirty mouth. Let’s enjoy in Karaoke room while this guy stays here and figures for himself how pitiful is his own self for seeking shelter in a muggle’s house.” Jiyeon then stomped somewhere while Jungkook tailed behind.

Sehun’s eyes followed them until they both disappeared inside a room. Sehun just pouted as he began roaming around the house. He went to the kitchen and found some kitchenware that he’s familiar with but he began frowning when he noticed something that looked like a box but with many buttons at the side, “Microwave?” He read what’s written there. He then just left the kitchen and went back to the living room. He sat on the chair Jiyeon sat just now, at the piano. He pressed the keys and produced random melody which did not sound as beautiful as Jiyeon’s just now. Sehun noticed a sound was coming from the room Jiyeon and Jungkook went in just now so he decided to go there. He opened the door but he immediately shut it back upon hearing very loud music coming from there.

“What the hell?!” Sehun yell

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter