Chapter 4

Beauty and the Prosecutor

“Hey, Jungkook, are you sure you’re going to keep that kid? Aren’t you concerned about his parents? They might be going crazy already.”

“It’s not like I’m keeping this boy for lifetime. It’s just temporary until I get a call from police station. I considered bringing him at the hospital but he has no guardian.” Jungkook sighed.

“Woah, haha. You’re actually concerned, huh? It’s not like you.”

“I don’t know, I’m hanging up--and by the way we need to talk to the chief prosecutor again tomorrow. I don’t think we should be in charge of that arson case anymore. It’s too huge of a case. We should just leave it to our Sunbaenims if we want to save our off from losing our job.”

“Yah! Wait! Jeon Jung—“

Jungkook threw his phone to the other side of his bed before plopping his tired body down his bed. He had one extra rooms that he’s been saving in case his mother comes back but that possibility already ceased to exist ever since she left him with his crazy father. Now, he let that unconscious boy to lay there for a moment.

Waking the boy up is such a pain in the . Prosecutors must know at least the basic of medicine and he mastered it in no time. Now, he’s sure that there’s really nothing wrong about that boy.

Jungkook left his bedroom to get some water when his eyes landed on the clock. It was already past eight o’clock. Then he remembered that his stomach is completely empty from organizing all the witness statements and gathering evidence ever since this early morning.

He sighed. The sad life of someone who practically live off by convenience store’s foods.

He rummaged on his pockets only to realize that he left his phone on his room. But being a lazy person Jungkook is, he just went off with only his old wallet to buy food.

Jungkook went to the nearest convenience store and picked a Triangular Kimbap, sausage, instant Kimchi and an instant Ramen he’ll cook at home.

Does he like not-so-healthy foods? Jungkook thought. Nah, he’s just a visitor. He won’t give a .

But then the boy’s skinny figure bothered him so much… and his smooth milky white skin, long slender neck, small baby face, chestnut hair—Argh! Jeon Jungkook. Come to your senses. Jungkook mentally slapped himself and in the end he just got a pair of every junk he picked.

On his way to his apartment, he spotted a familiar long haired girl enter the building. It’s one of his juniors. That one woman is especially cling to Jungkook and he’s lying if he says he’s not pretty annoyed about her obvious flirting skills.

Jungkook ran as fast as he could to possibly shoo the woman away but as he takes the elevator and stop at his floor with a plastic bag on his hand, the girl was already gone. Maybe she’s not here to visit him?

His guess was wrong when he entered the passcode on his door and found the woman sitting on his couch.

Jungkook’s eyes became fiery in anger. “How did you get in?” Jungkook asked and the girl just smiled widely.

“Jungkook oppa,” She was about to throw her hands on Jungkook’s neck when he dropped the plastic bag and pushed the girl away.

“What’s wrong with you?! And I asked you a ing question. How did you get in?” Jungkook raised his voice but the woman’s smile never falter as she stumbled backwards.

“Didn’t you remember? We went here on that day…”

If there was anything Jungkook hate aside from unrealistic things, it would probably annoying and especially clingy girls that would around on a man they likes.

“I’m the one who drives you here the day we had our office dinner.” The woman continues as she stares at Jungkook with hopeful eyes.

“I know and as far as I can remember I kicked you out as soon as I regained my consciousness.” Jungkook said.  “And now I am going to do the same so get the out before I drag you out of here.”

“You know what, Jungkook-sshi, your attitude makes me want you more.” The woman giggled and ran towards the bedroom where Seokjin is located. Jungkook eyes widened. That crazy .

Before Jungkook could stop the girl from opening the door, the woman was already standing beside the boy’s body.

“Ooohhh, who’s this pretty thing laying here? Is he your nephew or something?” The girl laughed venomously in a low voice but before he could even tough a strand of the boy’s hair, Jungkook grabbed the woman’s wrist and started to drag her out. The woman screeched in pain as Jungkook’s iron grip pulled her by force.

“When the are you going to stop?! Don’t you ing forget that I’m your senior and I can make you get kicked out of your post. Now, leave and I don’t want your ugly face near my apartment ever again!” Jungkook shouted in anger but the woman seems to be enjoying herself and grinned like a she is.

The woman leaned in Jungkook’s height and whispered to his ears, “I will leave, Sunbaenim. Only if you agree to be mine.”

Jungkook, who doesn’t seem to care if this person is woman or not, pushed her.

“I’m not the type of person who deals with lowly lives like you so leave!” Jungkook shouted but he needs something more convincing. Something that will make the woman in front of her go away without having to use force. “And I already have a lover. So I want you out of this place, now.”

The woman laughed hysterically. “You, Sunbaenim? Lover? You know, you’re cute. Lying and all. Do you think it will make me go away?”

There’s only one way then, Jungkook thought.

The raven haired male opened the switch of the bedroom and crawled on top of the boy’s bed. If the boy decides to sue me, I don’t care. I just want this out of my house.

Jungkook gulps. His sweat beading down his temples because of mixed anger and nervousness.

Then Jungkook leaned in and placed his lips gently on the boy’s plump ones.

 

 

 

“Only a true love’s kiss…”

“…Only me.”

Jimin, why?

 

 

 

 

“Mother, I brought some herbs for you.” A beautiful boy held the old woman’s hands in despair and sadness. But the woman could barely even move his own hands. Beads of glassy tears started to flow down Seokjin’s cheeks as he slumped his weak body on the ground, the herbs he stole fell out of his mother’s hands.

“Just… Just what did I do wrong?!” Seokjin moaned loudly as he held his chest. His grip on the fabric of his clothes tightened as if he wants to rip it off. “I did everything… But why… Please help me oh, lord! I can’t live without my mother.”

The poor boy can’t help but to scream his heart out in front of his dying mother.

Maybe it all started back then. Desperation. A human’s mortal enemy.

Seokjin was roaming around the town. Searching for any jobs that his body could take but due to his weak appearance no one dared to accept him as a labourer until one day a merchant offered him a job that he said will pay ‘well’.

Again, it’s desperation. He followed the man until they reached their destination but the work that was offered to him was beyond his imagination. When they arrived, Seokjin immediately tried to flee. ‘No, this can’t happen.’ Seokjin thought to himself. Never once in his life did he considered working as a Gisaeng. No matter how desperate he is, he could never sell his dignity for a few bucks.

It’s like selling a truck of gold for a sack of silver.

The man has a tight grip on his wrist. However, in a flash of light his head is buried on someone’s chest and the grip was now long gone.

“Back off, or I’ll sentence you to death.” Seokjin is scared. He thought those words are meant for him but as the man broke off the hug, the latter’s eyes widened. The first thing he saw is the red, shiny robes that seems familiar and as his eyes roamed northwards, a face of a handsome man greeted his sight.

“Are you okay?”

His saviour. For the first time, Seokjin’s heart thumped in happiness.

 For the first time, his face that was filled in sorrow lightened up.

 

 

-To be continued-

 

 

 

a/n: It’s been a while folks. Now, your procrastination-queen author is back *evil laugh* by the way stay tuned, I might update again sooner or later.

P.S. Not edited nor did I proofread it.