Chapter 3

Beauty and the Prosecutor

“Your humble servant is here, your highness.”

Jungkook gasped. ‘Your highness?’ The raven haired male immediately hid himself beneath the walls.

The tall man twisted the door knob carefully and went inside with a loud squeak coming from the wooden doors. Jungkook peeked again, internally sighing in relief that he was not caught. But what’s that about ‘your highness’ thing? He asked himself but nothing comes into his mind.

Was there someone inside that he was not supposed to see? Or worse, what if it is not a person?

Jungkook slapped his head, making a small noise. He sure was close to evolving from intelligent to crazy.

‘Princess Jin, that’s what almost all the citizens of South Korea call the beautiful young man in the restricted area beneath the glass walls of Korea’s national museum.’

“No way.” Jungkook gasped. “It’s not possible. That’s not true. He’s lying.”

‘Some even says that he wakes up every night to eat people’s heart and to scare them away so they won’t end up like him.’

“What the actual , Kim Taehyung?” Jungkook whacked his head one more time. He refused to acknowledge that baseless and groundless thoughts. He knows better than this. There’s negative zero possibility that his colleague was actually saying the truth and there’s a hundred percent chance that his logic would win over this situation.

But Jungkook won’t go. Yet. He’s sure that if he just leave this place, it will bother him the whole day. He wants to witness what’s the ‘thing’ inside that room. Who knows, he might score big if that guy is suffering from delusions and there’s a big drug dealing going on inside that room, right?

Fat chance.

Jungkook waited for approximately ten minutes. He forgot to bring his wrist watch so his counting every second that passed. One more minute and he’ll get out of that museum he said and was about to leave when the door opened for the second time. Jungkook ran over his hiding place.

The same man walked outside but he had a grim expression on his face, even bowing ninety degrees before finally exiting the place with him not even bothering about the sound of his heels echoing around the whole place. Jungkook watched closely and when he heard a small sound coming from the main entrance, he freely walked towards the tall doors.

The wind brushing over the prosecutor’s face is quite chilly but the atmosphere in this space is more than freezing. It was as if someone placed an imaginary aircon around the doors. Then random thoughts crossed his mind.

‘I never heard any noise from inside, it looks like no one’s there. But the way that man knocked…’

Jungkook remembered that man’s movements from earlier. The prosecutor duplicated the man’s actions and he too knocked three times. But he never spoke anything. Just like the man earlier, he got no response but he desired to play with fire.

He turned the door knob and opened the door.

The sight that greeted Jungkook was nothing special, aside from some traditional paintings hanging on the wall. The paintings are most likely made by ink and brush and judging from the still white paper, they used some chemicals to preserve the paper and avoid it from crumpling or rotting.

But why is it placed here? Where no one is even allowed to see it.

And Jungkook might be an expert in law but he remembered every art piece he saw ever since he was born. And never once had he seen those pieces even once.

At the middle gray painted room, there was a rectangular box that looks like it was made of the finest metals. That space is enough to fit a person but for some reason, he doesn’t want to come any closer. He’s afraid of what he might see.

Funny, Prosecutor Jeon is afraid of something?

But no silliness is taken. The raven haired male looked around a bit more only to notice the painting that was obviously drawn by ink at the other side of the wall. The painting was too absurd and terrifying to slip on the prosecutor’s eyes.

It was an image of an armored man, dripped in blood. The man was holding a majestical sword but his weapon was aimed at someone’s head. The person whose neck was already bleeding showed no emotion. He was just sitting on a grand chair as if knowing that he had no more way to survive.

But as he watched more closely, the man sitting on the chair was actually dressed in Hwarot (Traditional Korean clothing worn during weddings) only that the headgear was missing and the man who was holding the sword is only dressed as a commoner. He’s not an official of the palace.

Jungkook’s heart clenched. The man who was supposed to be wedded already was looking directly at him. The motionless eyes that had no choice but to accept its fate.

The young prosecutor shook his head. No, it could not be. Jungkook sighed, wondering how it is that that painting was never shown to the world. But it’s not his business, isn’t it? He’s just here to gather some evidences not to judge a painting that he doesn’t even know the back story.

But since he’s here, he might as well look around a bit. Snooping won’t hurt, right?

Jungkook left the door open and entered the room quietly, heading at the rectangular box. But as he stepped closer and closer his eyes widen and his heart beats faster in panic as he saw clearly what’s inside it.

Jungkook stepped back. “What the ? Why is there a person inside?” The prosecutor mumbled under his breath. “No way… Is it a coffin?”

The raven-haired male tried to think rationally. No, he needs to think rationally. Jungkook stepped closer as he saw that it is clearly a mattress and not a coffin…

But the person inside is the thing.

He’s beautiful. His face was flawless and glowing even under the dark room. His body was in a straight posture unlike what a normal person does when he/she sleeps. He put his index and middle finger at the boy’s neck, at the side of his wind pipe to check the pulse and the throbs are normal. Also the breathing seems fine.

He’s not dead. Jungkook sighed in relief. Well, what kind of has a perfect and full rosy lips and creamy textured face?

But what is this person doing here?

“Uhhmmm, hey.” Jungkook tried tapping the boy’s arms but he gets no response. However, he wished to stare at the person a little bit more.

“Hey, wake up.” Jungkook called. This time, a little bit more loudly. The boy looked no older than eighteen or maybe seventeen? And he needs to get out of this place now.  “Hey, kid. It’s no time for you to be sleeping here. Your parents will be worried.”

The boy had chestnut hair that looks soft under Jungkook’s touch. “Hey, kid. You know that you’re trespassing right now, didn’t you? You need to get up now if you don’t want to be placed in jail.”

Jungkook tried the threatening method but the boy showed no response, not even a small twitch in the eye that normally happens if a person was pretending to sleep. The boy’s breathing is still calm and serene. He looks like a sleeping angel.

But before he even proceeds to a most effective method, something strange but familiar smell caught his nose.

A smoke from fire.

The prosecutor looked at the open door only to see black smoke entering the place. Jungkook ran to look outside and his eyes caught an orange light dancing from the other side of the museum

“Hey, hey! Wake up! There was a fire outside. You need to wake up!”  Jungkook shouted in panic but still, no response. “, I need to do this.”

Jungkook slipped his left arm on the back of the boy’s neck and one at the back of the boy’s knee to lift him up, which he did successfully without struggling. The boy’s head and arms fell instantly showing his long neck.

The young prosecutor ran outside in hurry, he needs to get out before the whole place would be eaten by fire.

He needs to save himself.

He needs to save the boy.

 

 

 

‘A true love’s kiss will wake you up, Seokjin-ah. But don’t even dream of it because I’m the only one who loves you.’

 

a/n: I fell in love with this chapter even though it was crappy. By the way, this chapter is unedited because I’m afraid to read it hehehe XD

SORRY FOR MAKING YOU ALL WAIT, SWEETIES!