Chapter 1

Beauty and the Prosecutor

“Princess Jin, That’s what almost all the citizens of South Korea call the beautiful young man in the restricted area beneath the glass walls of the Korea’s national museum. No one knows who the boy is nor do they know his face, the rumors just spread like a wild fire that almost everyone from the past started digging out information inside the said museum. No one even knows if the boy really does exist.

They said the boy was cursed like sleeping beauty and he’s waiting for someone to eliminate the curse that he was put upon; some even says that he wakes up every night to eat people’s hearts and to scare them away so they won’t end up like him.

Only one thing was sure, his beauty won’t be compared to other humans. He’s the most beautiful being that ever lived, only that a witch with full of resentment and envy hexed him so he could never live as a normal human. Sadly he was now ceased to be remembered until people completely forgot about him.” The great, great assistant Kim Taehyung narrated, teary-eyed while holding a mound of papers and started piling it up in Jungkook’s desk until only half of his face could be seen.

“Yah! Kim Taehyung, are you still on that lame story of yours?!” Prosecutor Jeon Jungkook huffed in disbelief. “I thought you already got over it? Do you still wanna be a fiction writer? I’m sure you’ll make a great one.” Jungkook split up the papers and put the other half aside and started scanning through the case report he was sent a while ago.

“Hey, it’s not a fiction!” Taehyung argued as he returned back in the desk laying on Jungkook’s right side. He seems infuriated about his great judge of a friend that never believes everything what he says. Taehyung even tried his best to even put 3D actions along with what he’s saying. “I told you that my grandfather told me about it and I assure you, it’s freaking real.”

“Oh, so you’re saying that your grandfather was the fiction writer? Wow, I’m so proud of him. How many books did he publish?” Jungkook mocked, eyes still fixated at the papers between his grip.

“He’s not an author, Jungkook. He specialized at Korean history.” Taehyung sassed annoyingly at his friend. “Why won’t you believe me? I’m sure we will be in the top headlines of all news in the whole world if we happened to discover that ‘beautiful princess’”

Taehyung locked his two hands together and stared at the ceiling sweetly like he was seeing some kind of romance movie.

“So? What do you want us to do? Go to the museum and say ‘Hello, we’re looking for Princess Jin. My co-worker’s grandfather said we can find him here because he’s cursed and probably dying because of boredom and hunger.’ I’m sure they will call the mental hospital immediately if we do that.” Jungkook rolled his eyes as he started to skim other files and rested his feet above the tiny space in his desk.

“Then we can just sneak at night when no one’s there.” The blonde man said unwaveringly. Jungkook just wanted to kick Taehyung out of the prosecutor’s office but considering Jungkook’s composed and intelligent looking demeanor he, Jeon Jungkook won’t do that. Jungkook was already used to his friend talking about wonders of the night in a broad daylight so he has nothing to worry about. He bet Taehyung already has his brain swirling around due to hardcore studying and going in and out of morgue to check on numerous lifeless bodies’ autopsy. Jungkook is too but he wonders why he can still keep his sanity beneath his skull.

Jungkook exhaled noisily.

“If you want to do all that, do it yourself. Stop being a nuisance. I still have a robbery case to take care of.” The raven haired male set his feet back at the ground and headed out of the office.

“Yah! Wait for me.”

 

 

 

“This is the footage.” The head prosecutor spoke, and a video of three men in clown masks appeared in the big projector. The video footage was in black and white and aside from the fact that it is night time, the video was still clear. One of the men in mask smashed the thick fiber glass repeatedly until the glass surrounding the thing shattered into pieces. The thing they took wasn’t visible to the CCTV camera but they are sure that the small thing worth more than their assets if it was sold.

“Is it that the only evidence? What about the other CCTV’s and witnesses?” An old man with a bald head spoke. All of the prosecutors waited intently for an answer until the man in his front shook his head.

“There are no other footages aside from this one. The securities said that they didn’t notice anyone entering the museum just before the bell rung. They checked the other nearby cameras and asked questions to those stores and houses surrounding the museum but they found none. The guards even said that it was like they just magically disappeared because they found no escape path.”

Everyone started to ask more questions including Taehyung but there is one person who doesn’t give any about the case. He just listened to in the white noise surrounding his ears, mind wandering out of nowhere. He knows well that those people only wanted to gain popularity by solving the ‘Korean National Museum’ case and him? Oh, there are so many piled up case waiting for him. He doesn’t want another robbery case to take care of. He just finished and caught the robbers of the convenience store he’s investigating and finally found them guilty.

Why would he bother to focus his attention on that one when he has so many cases to handle? He was sure that his other sunbaenims could take care of that. Or at least that’s what he thought.

Jungkook is in the verge of shutting his eyes off and drifting into dreamland when he heard his name being called. Everyone stared at his direction as he stands up. His eye also caught Taehyung standing on the corner of his right eye until the head prosecutor spoke again, washing away the dizziness in his head.

“This case, as you can see, a mysterious one. No evidences and proper conclusion about the thieves. This will need a special attention and I wanted people with fresh minds and well built body to handle this case. If you have any questions just come to my office.” And just like that the meeting ended. Taehyung squealed in happiness, earning some jealous glares from the other prosecutors while Jungkook just started to walk with other prosecutors, sighing. Another work to go.

 

 

 

 

Jungkook just sat quietly in his swivel chair, reading the old files he had in his table for the drug case of a fifteen year old. The kid should’ve been spending his youth in jail if Jungkook wasn’t sensing something wrong with the boy’s step parents.

Jungkook was busy checking the case’s file when a very loud Taehyung shouted as he made his way through the door. Why do he need to shout every time he’s excited?

“Jungkook-ah! I got the file! I got the file!” Taehyung shouted from the door. Jungkook picked the imaginary dirt in his ears before turning his attention to the latter.

“So?” Jungkook said sarcastically. “You can just solve that on your own, you know and our other team members. You can take detective Min for investigation if you wanted.”

Taehyung’s face fell. “How am I supposed to solve it on my own? No evidence. No witnesses. Nothing at all.” Taehyung said with his mouth turning into a pout that gross the hell out of the younger prosecutor.

“Oh… Don’t show that face again in front of me.” Jungkook said, covering his eyes.

“But Kookiee…”

“Stop calling me that! You disgusting son of a .” Jungkook said but it doesn’t even affect the older. His face is becoming closer and closer that his face almost touch the back of Jungkook’s hand but before it happens, the raven haired instinctively tossed the crumpled paper beside his table directly at Taehyung’s face.

“Yah! I’m your hyung. Show manners.” Taehyung make an angry face and picked up the wrenched paper. If only he doesn’t need Jungkook’s help, he might as well throw a chair to him but considering that he wanted his very handsome face to appear at the world TV he’ll try to be patient.

 

 

 

 

An hour or two of bugging Jeon Jungkook, the latter gave up and decided to take a look at the existing files. Just taking a look at the evidences and looking at the statements, it looks nothing but a typical robbery to gain huge amount of money. But why does he feel like there’s a missing puzzle piece? And why would the robbers leave only one footage of them when they could have just delete it just like how they did to other CCTVs.

“I’ll do it.” The raven haired male spoke without looking at Taehyung.

Taehyung’s eyes lit up. “What did you say?”

“I won’t repeat the same thing twice.”

Taehyung squealed in delight and hugged Jungkook which the raven haired not-so-politely shoved.

This better be a good case. He doesn’t want to drag his sorry if something went wrong.

 

 

 

Meanwhile, somewhere not too far away from Seoul, a beautiful boy lies upon his miseries; not dead nor alive but his skin represents a white sheet of paper. His lips are rosy like someone had been making an effort to doll him up and his hair; contrasting his skin is silky black.

He wished he is dead.

He wished he were dead.

But the sound of his shallow breaths call upon the memories he wished to forget.

 

 

 

…Someone, let me free.

 

 

-To be continued-

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: Okay, I know I know. Another story, another slow updates. Tell me your thoughts about this story!!! I’m a er for fairy tales but I want a somewhat modernized version so expect so much plot twists and slow updates.

p.s.: I love you all, sweeties <3