Chapter 09

Thanks for the Memories

Yoongi stayed until the end of the exhibit, he had walked around the large room more than a few times, each circle of the room letting him experience a new feeling or thought as he looked at the photographs over and over again. A few people recognised him, the journalists had gone crazy, all taking notes about his appearance at the exhibit. Cameras were thankfully banned, but he was certain that a few of the journalists had managed to sneak some photos on their phones.

 

Once all of the guests had left, he waited for Da Hee outside, cursing himself for not bringing a jacket with him. Da Hee eventually appeared at the entrance, saying her final farewells to the exhibit organisers.

 

A warm smile appeared on her face when she spotted him. A matching smile covered his face as he approached her. “Hey, I didn’t expect you to still be here.” She said as she wrapped her arms around herself. Yoongi noticed that she had also neglected to bring a jacket. Without thinking, he wrapped his arm around shoulders, holding her against his side. “You didn’t bring a jacket.” He said as he gently rubbed her arm to help warm her up. “You didn’t either.” She shot back, her face flushing from the sudden close proximity. He grinned at her. “I’m not in a sleeveless dress.” He countered making them both chuckle. “Touché.” She said as she pressed herself a little closer to him, thankful for the warm embrace.

 

“Did you bring your car?” he asked. She shook her head. “No, I knew there was going to be champagne involved tonight so I didn’t drive. I was just planning on grabbing a taxi home.” Yoongi smiled at the opportunity that had just presented itself to him. “Min taxis, at your service.” He said with a smile. “Are you sure? I can just grab a taxi.” She offered, not wanting to be an inconvenience. “I wouldn’t have offered if I didn’t mean it. Come on, let’s go.” He said as he directed her towards his car. He opened the door for her, making her chuckle. She gave him a quick curtsey before slipping into the car.

 

He got into the car and headed in the direction of her apartment, purposely taking his time, he was in no rush to be separated from her. He heard her mutter a curse and turned to see her pulling out the numerous clips that had been holding her hair in place, a small pile of them already in her lap. She let out another curse as one of the clips tangled in her hair. “This is so stupid. I don’t know why I had to do my hair so fancy like this.” she muttered as she tried to untangle the clip. Yoongi chuckled, “I do not envy you.” He said as he pulled up at a red light.

 

He quickly pulled on the handbrake before leaning over and gently pushing her hands away, before delicately untangling her hair from the clip. Da Hee held her breath, his fingers only inches away from her face as he carefully untangled her hair, his brows furrowed in concentration. He smiled as the clip finally freed itself. “Here you go.” He said as he handed her the clip. “Thanks.” She said, her voice a little more breathless than she would have liked. Her heart was hammering in her chest at his cute smile as he focused his attention on the road, just in time for the light to change back to green.

 

They chatted about the exhibit for the rest of the journey as she carefully removed the rest of the clips, letting out a content sigh as she shook out her hair, thankful to have it freed from its confines. Yoongi pulled up outside of her apartment and chuckled at her. “What have you done to yourself?” he asked as he reached out and smoothed down the sections of her hair that were sticking out at weird angles after being pinned up for so long. “Shut up.” she complained. “I felt like my head was going to explode having it all pinned up like that for so long.” She said as she raked her nails over her aching scalp. “And don’t even get me started on this dress! Or these heels!” she said as she indicated her outfit.

 

His eyes ran over her body, subconsciously biting his lip as he did. “I think you look amazing.” He blurted out. She smiled back shyly, “Thanks.” She cleared . “I’m not used to wearing clothes like this.” She admitted. “But I got forced into it.” She added with a chuckle. “Knowing you, you would have turned up in jeans, right?” he teased. She shoved him playfully. “What’s wrong with that? Isn’t that half the fun of having a job like this? There shouldn’t be a dress code or a uniform, but people expect you to stick on a pair of torture devices and call them shoes and put on a dress that shows more skin than it covers!” she whined as she pulled down the hem of her dress which only brought his attention back to her legs.

 

He forced himself to look back at her face as he cleared his throat, “Congrats again, on the exhibition.” He said, keeping his eyes on her face. “Thanks, and thanks for bringing me home.” She said gratefully. “It’s kinda late now, but I want to take you out.” He said. “To congratulate you!” he added quickly. “To congratulate you for having the exhibition and for it going so well.”

 

“Really?” she asked, happiness flowing through her. “Yeah, just let me know when you have time and leave the rest to me.” She nodded. “I’m going to be kinda busy with the exhibition for the next few days, but once it’s over I’ll have lots of time. Should we say next weekend?” she asked. Yoongi nodded, “That works for me.” She grinned back at him. “Then I guess I’ll see you next weekend?” she said as she opened her door. “Yeah, I’ll call you before then.” He said as she slipped out of the car. She bent down and smiled at him. “Thanks again for the ride. Make sure you text me when you get home so that I know you're safe, okay?” he chuckled at her. “Sure thing.” She gave him a wave before closing the door. He waited until she had safely entered her building before driving off.

 

 

When he reached his apartment, his smile still hadn’t left his face. His memory jar caught his attention from its place on his kitchen counter. He grabbed a bottle of water and the jar and took them to his living room. He opened the jar and tipped out all of the notes that he had stuffed into it. There were so many notes that he had to pry them out with his fingers. He slowly started opening the notes one by one, smiling at each memory that was revealed to him. Some of them he could remember writing clearly, others he had almost forgotten about until he read them again. He was surprised by the amount of notes that were related to Da Hee. Some of them directly related to her… the things she had said, or things they had done together, some of them indirectly related to her like the very first note he had written about being proud of his job after her saying how cool it must be.

 

“I’m going to tell her… next weekend… I’m going to confess my feelings to her.”