Chapter 8| Liability

The Fault of Perfection | OSH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Happy Sehun day y'all! Here's an update to celebrate!

Sehun was walking down the hallway when suddenly, he heard a voices nearby, followed by sniggers. Frowning suspiciously, he turned around to see two male cadets, laughing and sneering at a smaller cadet. He couldn't see who the third cadet was, with the other two blocking his view, but just as he was about to intervene, their voices stopped him. 

"You're so pathetic," the bulkier cadet snickered. "I see nothing has changed."

"You were always hiding behind your brother," the second male cadet followed. "At least he was half-way capable. But now he's gone. Tell me, is that the reason you joined the military? To find your brother-"

"Shut up," the smaller cadet finally growled. Sehun's eyes widened when he realised it was Chaeyoung. Her voice was uncharacteristically icy, while her gaze was furious as she glared at the two older trainees. "You don't know what the hell you're talking about. Leave me alone."

But as she tried to walk away, the biggest cadet grabbed her collar and pulled her back, causing her to cry out as he threw her against the wall, pinning her there painfully. Sehun blinked, wanting to intervene but finding his body unable to move as he stood, rooted. 'Chaeyoung has a brother?'

"Not so fast, you pathetic ," the cadet growled. "You're the weakest one in our class - you don't get to act all superior just because our ing of an instructor favours you. Your brother isn't here anymore. He's gone. Dead. No one else is here to protect you."

Suddenly, Chaeyoung's struggles stopped. Sehun watched, his heart pounding, as something in her eyes flickered and died, like a candle being extinguished. Her arms fell limply by her sides, her eyes were dull and her face completely blank of any emotion - and for some reason, the sight of it scared Sehun, just ever so slightly.

"You're dragging our entire ing class down," the second cadet sneered. "You're a failure. A liability. You were the reason your brother ing died." The cruel smirk on his face made Sehun's fists tighten. "You should just quit already - go run back to your mommy. You're not going to ever find your brother again. You're just a burden by being here."

Sehun had heard enough. He stepped forward, opening his mouth to speak. 

"What the hell do you think you two are doing?" 

Sehun blinked, looking up to see Chanyeol approaching the scene with a frown. He had been the one who'd spoken, and was now eyeing the two bullies with a stern glower. His eyes flickered briefly towards Chaeyoung, his eyebrows furrowing briefly in concern at her expression - or rather, her lack thereof - before his eyes snapped back to the other two, now set in a sharp glare. The two cadets were now sweating nervously.

"S-Sir! We were doing nothing! J-Just having a chat with our f-friend, Chae-"

"Do I look like a ing idiot to you?" Chanyeol growled, instantly shutting them up. Chanyeol was rarely ever angry, but when he was, it was a terrifying sight. "Bullying another cadet is a clear violation of the rules here. I can get you guys kicked out of the army with a blink of an eye. Is that really what you guys want?"

"N-No sir!"

Chanyeol eyed them coldly for a few more moments, watching them squirm nervously. Chaeyoung still had not looked up, and instead, had slid to the floor, as if she suddenly had no strength to support herself any longer. "If I ever catch you two doing anything like this ever again, you'll be out of the army faster than you guys can blink. Now get the out of my sight."

"Y-yes sir!" The t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter