Chapter 18| The Mission

The Fault of Perfection | OSH
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: EXO'S COMING BACK. I REPEAT, THE KINGS ARE COMING BACK!!!!!!!!!!

 

It was silent as Sehun, Chanyeol and a few others of their small squad crept along the thick, tall grass, keeping low as to avoid detection. A loud bird cry sounded nearby, causing the 4 of them to freeze. 

With a small hand gesture, Sehun indicated to continue forward. 

They were on a highly classified, specialised mission. A few days ago, the military reserve unit stationed at Busan received a tip-off from an officer from the NK military. The officer had claimed that he was willing to give up information for safe passage into South Korea. 

The tip-off had been treated with suspicion, so when the officer asked to meet at an isolated, abandoned warehouse an hours drive from Busan, Sehun and his specialised unit, including Chanyeol, Kim Minseok and Kim Jongdae, were sent for reconnaissance, to scout out the situation. The chosen warehouse was right up ahead and appeared empty. 

However, all four were experienced veterans. They all knew that looks could be deceiving. 

Sehun nodded to Jongdae. They had planned beforehand that Jongdae, the most accurate shot out of all four of them, would remain behind on a nearby knoll, covered by shrubbery, and watch for disturbances, as well as snipe if need be. If he saw any enemy forces approach the warehouse while the other three were inside, he'd shoot two bullets into the air for warning, before getting away from his previous position to avoid the enemy. 

Similarly, if the other three encountered difficulties inside, Jongdae would cover their escape by shooting down any enemy soldiers following them. A helicopter waited nearby with backup and to take them away in case of emergency.

Now, Sehun, Chanyeol and Minseok were right next to the warehouse. They pressed their backs against the wall, listening quietly. It was still silent, and Sehun nodded to Minseok. 

Briefly lowering his weapon, the young soldier raised his hand to his mouth and blew, causing a sound that mocked a small bird. This was the previously arranged signal that the other officer would respond to if he were inside. 

A few moments later, the same sound echoed through the warehouse. Immediately, Sehun gave the order to enter the warehouse. Kicking down the front gate to ensure they had an easy escape route, the three immediately lifted their weapons, eyes scanning the interior sharply. 

Sehun frowned, sensing something was wrong. The warehouse seemed was empty. There was no one inside waiting for them. And then he noticed the limp, dark figure lying against the wall, blood pooling from a bullet wound to his head. His eyes widened. 

"We've been discovered! Retreat! Now!" He shouted, already turning around. 

However, before he could reach the exit, two loud gunshots were heard from the distance. Almost simultaneously, bullets began to shoot through the windows, causing them to duck. Minseok cried out as a bullet pierced his shoulder. Sehun cursed, pressing his back against the wall and loading his gun. Chanyeol grabbed Minseok and helped him sit up. He was breathing heavily, and already Sehun could see the red staining his uniform. 

"," Sehun growled, loading his gun. "Call for backup," he ordered, before turning to Chanyeol. "We need to see how many of them are out there."

"What about Chen?" Chanyeol asked. Chen was Jongdae's codename.

"He knows what to do in this situation. We can't help-"

More bullets poured through the windows and walls, cutting Sehun off as the glass above them shattered. Cursing again, he slowly lifted his head. He could see at least 3 shooters with machine guns outside, but there were bound to be more arriving soon. Acting quickly, he shot at one of them, successfully shooting him through the chest before he was forced to duck as more bullets came his way. Chanyeol followed his lead, creeping to the next window to shoot, where the enemy wasn't expecting him to appear. Another one down, leaving just one more. 

"Backup... is on its way," Minseok forced out, dropping his radio and grimacing in pain. His face was pale and he was sweating heavily, but he could still move his arm, meaning no important tendons or muscles had been damaged. 

"Goddammit, I can't see the last er anymore. He's disappeared," Chanyeol cursed, peering through the window. He gulped, feeling his entire body tense with anticipation. His eyes scanned the outside, and consequently, he missed the shadowy figure approaching him from behind. 

"Chanyeol, look out!" Minseok shouted, and that was enough for Chanyeol to react in the nick of time, dodging the enemy's wicked army knife that appeared where his neck was a moment ago. Dropping and kicking out, he tripped the soldier, grabbing the hand holding the knife and wrenching it out of his grip before pressing it against his neck. 

"He entered through the back door," Sehun muttered, while Chanyeol glared down at him, fighting against his struggles. 

"What do we do with him? Hostage?" he asked, glancing at his cousin. Sehun shook his head. 

"Knock him out, tie him up and leave him here. We can't afford to look out for any hostages, not with Xiumin injured," he replied.

"Backup will be here soon," Chanyeol pointed out. 

"We need to get out of here as soon as possible. I don't want him potentially turning on us when our backs are turned trying to escape," Sehun shook his head again, eyeing the enemy soldier carefully. Taking the of hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter