Would that be Weird?

Open Your Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minhyuk and Hyunsik found themselves in Minhyuk’s apartment going over a few documents that had to be settled urgently for work. They sat on the floor around Minhyuk’s coffee table that was in the living room of his apartment with papers laid down all around them.

After a few hours of working, Hyunsik found it difficult to focus and decided to lean himself on the couch behind him as he rested his head on it as well. He then rubbed his face and let out a big sigh before closing his eyes for a bit.

Hyunsik had wanted to speak to Minhyuk for a while now. He decided that perhaps, this was his chance to do so. He took a deep breath before voicing out.

"If I started dating-" Hyunsik started, gaining the Minhyuk’s attention. Minhyuk shot a confused look towards Hyunsik as he watched the younger man slowly shift and sat himself upright again. Hyunsik looked at Minhyuk before carefully asking, “Would that be weird?”

"Was it weird to you when I dated?" Minhyuk asked him back, raising his eyebrows in curiosity.

"Not really." Hyunsik replied as he now focused on an object that was far away. He then hesitated before voicing up again, "But what if it doesn't just effect me."

Minhyuk’s eyebrows creased. He looked up from his paper to glance at Hyunsik only to look back down again, “I’m not sure I follow."

Hyunsik tried to carefully structure his sentence before replying, "What if Byul and I make it awkward for you to hang out with us?"

Minhyuk snapped his head up from the coffee table and faced Hyunsik. He was fiddling nervously with his ball point pen avoiding eye contact with the older man. Minhyuk's eyebrows furrowed, what did Moonbyul have anything to do with it?

"What?" He asked clearly confused. Hyunsik finally met his eyes and sighed lightly before sitting up straighter and leaning forward.

"I mean, there's a huge chance Byul and I will act differently from the way we are now. Well, maybe not. It really depends." Hyunsik paused again before continuing, "I just don't want the three of us to be awkward with each other."

"I see." Minhyuk said carefully. He had not been aware that Hyunsik could have felt that way about Moonbyul. It made him feel guilty that Moonbyul was said to have liked him. "Does Byul know?"

Minhyuk watched with emphatic eyes as Hyunsik shook his head vigorously. Hyunsik then sighed and ran his hand through his hair before resting his elbow on the table.

"She doesn't know how I feel." He said with a small voice before staring far out into space again. He then smiled and faced Minhyuk again, "Seeing you date back then made me realise my feelings."

"I see." He swallowed. He felt so bad for the man before him. "So, what does this mean, exactly?"

"Nothing's official yet." Hyunsik said, "I wanted to talk to you first before I talk to Byul."

"Uhuh." Minhyuk picked up his ballpoint pen again and started to scribble things down on an irrelevant piece of paper. He then carefully said, "Well, I guess I'm fine with it."

"You are?" Hyunsik asked as he cocked his head to the side. Once Minhyuk nodded happily, Hyunsik nodded as well before creasing his eyebrows. "Thanks hyung..? But I wasn't exactly asking for your approval."

"Then, what is it?" Minhyuk asked with a tint of annoyance. The thought of Hyunsik and Moonbyul really annoyed him for some unknown reason.

"What do I say to Byul?" Hyunsik asked a bit nervously and Minhyuk could just see the fear and worry in his eyes which caused him to soften down on the annoyance he felt. "How do I tell her how I feel?"

Minhyuk was in an uncomfortable position. If what Yura had mentioned been true, Hyunsik would be devastated. Their friendship might be on the line. However, if it wasn’t true, Minhyuk was honest enough to admit that there was a chance of him being the devastated one.

"Are you alright hyung? Your face is all red." Hyunsik asked after he noticed Minhyuk had not replied yet.

"Actually,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter