Moving and Moving On

Open Your Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Knock knock” A deep voice called as Moonbyul was packing her boxes. She spun around and was surprised to see Chandong standing behind her with a smile.

“Oh? Chandong!” She greeted as she lightly bowed her head towards his direction before watching him approach her slightly. “What are you doing here?”

“I believe congratulations are in order.” He said coolly as he stuck his hand out to her. She grabbed it gently and shook it before grinning and thanking him.

“Don’t tell me that you came all the way here on a Saturday just to congratulate me?” Moonbyul smiled as she released his hand. She then felt unsure of what she should do with her two hands so she decided to tuck them halfway in her jean pocket.

“Maybe I did?” Chandong said as he wiggled his eyebrows making her laugh and roll her eyes. He then turned to look at her workspace before nodding his head towards it. “I just thought that you might need some help moving your things down.”

Moonbyul was thankful for Chandong’s help in helping her move her things to her new office. He even helped her arrange and set her things up in her new office as well as giving it a slight clean. Before she knew it, she was done with more than half a day to spare.

She now sat on her new office chair as Chandong sat on one of the two chairs opposite her desk. She could not believe that she now had her own office. It was a huge upgrade from the cubicle she had worked at before. She looked around the room and smiled at every detail before her eyes landed on Chandong who seems to have been observing her.

She raised her eyebrows kindly at him and smiled. He shook his head lightly with a smile before reaching down to the backpack he carried with him. He took out a neatly wrapped present and passed it to her.

Moonbyul’s smile dropped slightly as she shifted uncomfortably in her seat. She carefully glanced up at Chandong. The girls were right, she shouldn’t lead him on and just be honest with the way she feels.

"Thank you, Chandong but I can't accept this." She started as carefully as possible. "I don't think we-"

"I know." Chandong said as he nodded understandingly as he smiled. He was still holding up the gift in its position, not moving a muscle.

"What?" Moonbyul said just above a whisper.

"I know what you're going to say. I know where you stand." He said smiling kindly before he lowered his arm slightly. He looked her in the eyes, "But please don't say it. I don't think I can handle blunt rejection well."

Moonbyul felt somewhat sorry and guilty for the way his smile dropped ever so slightly. But before she could even respond, he smiled brightly again and held the gift up to her eye level once more, urging her to take it.

"It's sincerely from me to you. It's something for your office." He stated happily as Moonbyul reached out to take it from him. "Please think of it as a gift from a friend."

After his words sunk in, Moonbyul looked from him to the neatly wrapped gift before smiling as well. She raised her eyebrows slightly as she gestured to the box that is now on her table. "May I?"

"Please...” He insisted. He watched as Moonbyul opened the box to reveal a simple, elegant yet casual picture frame with the headings ‘Goalmates’ on it. He carefully watched her reaction as he began to explain the thought he put into the gift. "I noticed that you had an unframed picture of you and your friends the other day when we went to eat at the office pantry and I thought, maybe you could put it in this frame and set it up on your desk. You always talk about how precious they are to you so I thought, why not give you a chance to show them off... Only if you want to, that is."

"I want to.” Moonbyul said quickly, still admiring the frame. It was so simple yet it made her so thankful. She looked up and smiled at him. “Thank you, Chandong. I love it.”

Chandong grinned and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter