Must Be Something

Open Your Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minhyuk was sitting on his sofa at home while watching football when his phone rang. He grabbed the phone from his coffee and grinned madly as he saw the name that appeared on his screen. ‘Yura <3’

“Yoboseyo?” He answered the phone happily. He wasn’t sure if he was hearing things or not but he could have sworn that his girlfriend took in a deep breath before responding.

“Oppa, are you free today?” The voice on the other line asked. He didn’t miss how small and hesitant she sounded. His eyebrows furrowed as he sat up from his comfortable position on the sofa.

“Nae. Is everything alright?” He replied, concern lacing his voice.

“Can we meet? There’s something I need to talk to you about.” Yura said with a bit more confidence although Minhyuk still heard the hesitance and nervousness slipping through. “I promise to explain everything later.”

“Nae. Of course.” Minhyuk instantly replied. “I’ll meet you as soon as possible.”

“Thank you. I’ll text you the details.” Without any warning, she hung up the phone leaving Minhyuk confused with what had just happened.

‘That was odd. Is she alright?’ He thought as his phone beeped, indicating an incoming message. He read the message from Yura and turned even more confused. ‘It must be something.’

Minhyuk walked into the cafe where Yura had told him to meet her. He arrived with a smile as he saw her sitting on one of the couches at the low tables in the cafe.

"Hello." Minhyuk said in a low voice. Yura lifted her face to him and stood up, greeting him. She gestured for him to sit down and took her seat again.

"You sounded a bit off on the phone. Is everything alright?" Minhyuk asked her, his eyes full of sincerity and concern. Yura took a deep breath before letting it out again.

"We need to talk." She said nervously and calmly at the same time.

Somehow, the two ended up leaving the cafe and taking a stroll at a nearby park. Minhyuk patiently listened to what it was Yura had to say and when all was said and done, he couldn’t deny the fact that he was broken.

"Why? Did I do something wrong?" Came Minhyuk's broken and curious voice, "Was I too-"

"No." Yura quickly cut him off as she placed her hands on his arm. She then retracted her hands slowly away from him while looking into his eyes, she whispered sincerely, "You... you were perfect."

She took a deep breath as she took in the sight before her. He has been nothing but the sunshine of her days but now seeing him so broken made her heart hurt so much. She had never had the slightest intention of breaking his heart but if she wasn't honest, she would end up hurting both of them.

"I have to be true to my heart. Lee Minhyuk, you're everything any girl could ever ask for. You tick all the right boxes and you're... perfect." She explained. Yura tucked a loose strand of her hair behind her ear before continuing, "While I'm very thankful that a guy like you showed interest in me, I have to be honest with you."

Yura blinked heavily before taking a deep breath in and decided to let it all out in one go. She faced Minhyuk and looked him in the eye, "The truth is, I just can't see myself loving you."

"Did you even try?" Minhyuk asked with the smallest voice she had ever heard him used.

"I did. I tried so hard to fall for you." She admitted, desperately trying to get him to understand where she was coming from, "But I just-"

"Can't." Minhyuk finished for her with a tight smile. "I heard it the first time."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter