Club

Angel: Mission Impossible

The music bangs through his eardrums making his eyes squint as he places the palm of his hands over his ears. He could lose hearing at a place like this, and he did not look forward to getting hearing aids on earth. This was a time of many firsts, and he didn’t know how to portray the ending- if he could get out of this place alive. Kyungsoo ponders the thoughts repeatedly in his head before looking at the dancing figures on the floor. He had rejected Jongdae’s dance offer earlier and just sat on a small stool, keeping an eye out for every one of them.

 

Minseok was a really good dancer, the way his body moves to the beat and how close he and Jongdae were made Kyungsoo have a faint blush on his face. They were a cute couple that’s for sure, and no matter how wrong it was, Kyungsoo has no rights to confront them about it, it wasn’t his business. His business or mission was somewhere else, his eyes scanned around to see Chanyeol dancing with this girl, who looked awfully poor because of her lack of clothing on her body. Kyungsoo shakes his head in disapproval, this dancing should not be allowed in the public, but then people around danced much worst than that. Humping each other and grinding against one another, Kyungsoo wanted to burn his eyes to erase this sight.

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes shot open when they made their way to the stool, she was leaning against the bartender’s table and Chanyeol was awfully close to her. Kyungsoo wanted to mind his own business but he couldn’t. His eyes lands on the cup of alcohol that hasn’t been finished besides Chanyeol and the girl, slowly he moves his finger to control the cup and pours the alcohol on the girl’s shirt. She jumps up and erupts in a loud scream causing Kyungsoo to laugh silently.

 

Why would she overact over something like that? It’s not that big of a deal to make a fuss over.

 

Chanyeol tries to help her, but instead she runs to the bathroom to clean up. Kyungsoo knew it was his chance to think of something quick. He jumps from the stool and runs towards Chanyeol and taps on his shoulder. Chanyeol turns around and a frown forms on his face when he comes into face with Kyungsoo. He didn’t think the kid would follow him inside the club, now he knows he was dead wrong.

 

“Hi~” Kyungsoo smiles brightly. It was a strange and confounding feeling that Chanyeol had, he didn’t understand why this kid would not leave him alone. Throughout their conversations from their first meeting, Chanyeol could never add anything substantive to it. He felt unease with Kyungsoo all the time, but he had to admit, Kyungsoo has a cute smile, it was like a little kid who was happy for no apparent reason.

 

Chanyeol tries to clear his throat and look at the smiling kid in front of him, “Why did you follow me all the way here? Don’t you have anything better to do?”

 

Kyungsoo shakes his head as he grabs onto Chanyeol’s hand, startling Chanyeol in the process. “I want to be your friend, I need to stay by your side. Please don’t push me away.” Kyungsoo looks as if he were pleading, he looks like a puppy that needed a home.

 

Chanyeol was going to reject but Jongdae interrupted their conversation. “Oohh, look what we have here. Already holding hands~” Jongdae grinned like an idiot that he was. Chanyeol pulls his hand away from Kyungsoo’s hold incase Minseok and Jongdae misunderstands, but it seems like it was too late.

 

“Come on Yeol, be a gentlemen and dance with him.” Jongdae nudges Chanyeol on the shoulder, earning a death glare from Chanyeol, but he was too used to it to care.

 

“Yeah, let’s dance together~” Kyungsoo jumps happily and pulls Chanyeol to dance. He has no idea how to dance, but maybe they can get closer this way? He can earn Chanyeol’s sympathy and Chanyeol might become his friend!

 

A chill crept down Chanyeol’s spine, there were too many happy talk and teasing for his liking. Chanyeol tries to straighten himself up and just dance with Kyungsoo to get it over with. Kyungsoo jumps around like an idiot and it caused Minseok and Jongdae to laugh. Is this how a nun dances?

 

Jongdae pulls Minseok towards them and taps on Kyungsoo’s shoulder. “At a club, you dance like this.” He instructs as Minseok stands behind him and Jongdae grinded his against Minseok’s crotch. They bump and rub their body against each other and Jongdae uses his hand to brush away his flying sweaty bangs on his hair. Kyungsoo stares in awe, not sure how to do that unique type of dance.

 

Chanyeol could only smirk when he sees Kyungsoo’s face, it was like a kid witnessing their parents having or something. How could someone be so innocent?

 

“They're so natural…” Kyungsoo says, trying to sound as loud as he could over the music.

 

“They should be, Minseok and Jongdae don’t have a break from each other.” Chanyeol rolls his eyes. Minseok sticks his tongue out at Chanyeol to , Chanyeol wanted to cut off that annoying tongue.

 

Kyungsoo wants to dance with Chanyeol too but his muscle tightens and he couldn’t move. He and Chanyeol weren’t like Minseok and Jongdae, they were supposed to be only friends. Unless friends dance like this to each other – if they did then earth is such a strange place.

 

“You don’t need to dance like them. They dance like they need to get a ing room.” Chanyeol once again could not control his language. Kyungsoo mumbles some relaxing words in his mouth to get rid of Chanyeol's unlimited profanity. Chanyeol knows that Kyungsoo was frenzied by annoyance when hearing bad words but he cannot control it, those words were engrained in his brain. “Lets just go take a seat. Or you can just go home since this place is definitely not the place for you. You can go to church…that place seems like it is made for you.”

 

Kyungsoo's eyes sparkles and he turns to Chanyeol with a ridiculously bright smile again, “Church? Can you take me to church?”

 

“I don’t go to church. That place is not for me.”

 

Kyungsoo frowns as he tugs onto Chanyeol’s hand, “Please take me to church. Please~”

 

“No. You have caused enough trouble for me. I mean I have never spent time at a club talking instead of having fun.” Chanyeol retaliates in anger. He didn’t know what is the kid’s problem and why the kid will not leave him alone. He knows that he is really charming and has everything he desires, but was this God’s punishment on him for being so perfect? It this was, that is ing cruel.

 

“Lets dance then…” Kyungsoo’s focus was on Chanyeol now. Instead of dancing like Minseok and Jongdae, he wraps his arms around Chanyeol's neck, Chanyeol wants to pull himself away, but at that moment, he couldn’t escape Kyungsoo’s beautiful eyes. It was alluring and draws such great powers in them. Chanyeol didn’t know if it was the amount of alcohol that he consumed or was it that he wanted to, but he found himself wrapping his arms around Kyungsoo’s waist. At that moment, everything seemed to slow down. The DJ even played a slow song to get the mood going.

 

Chanyeol is avoiding eye contact with Kyungsoo because of the captivating stare that pretty much pierced through his soul. Kyungsoo doesn't like how Chanyeol keeps looking away but he still keeps his eye contact on Chanyeol nevertheless. Amidst the music, Kyungsoo feels himself flying up to heaven again, that’s how magical it felt. Chanyeol was alluring, and at the moment, he didn’t find Chanyeol to be a heartless jerk that the other archangels made him imagine.

 

“What’s wrong?” Chanyeol asks. Kyungsoo blinks back into reality, startle by his hypnotic daydream.

 

“Nothing.” Kyungsoo gave a reassuring smile to the puzzled face Chanyeol. Chanyeol carries on slow dancing until the music fades.

 

Once the music stop, Chanyeol pulls away and grabs a drink from the bartender, trying to blur away what has just happened. He danced with a boy! Was he that prone to weakness? If he were, he wouldn’t be the almighty Chanyeol anymore. The intimacy was too much for him to handle and he knows Minseok and Jongdae will be teasing him a lot afterwards. Kyungsoo tries to walk closer to Chanyeol but the girl earlier got to him first. Kyungsoo stops in his tracks and guilt flushes over him. He feels bad for spilling alcohol on her earlier.

 

“Why were you dancing with him?!” she questions Chanyeol while pointing at Kyungsoo – which Kyungsoo finds quite rude. People shouldn’t be pointing at others in a profound manner like that.

 

“It was just dancing, why are you so angry? It’s not like we are dating.” Chanyeol rolls his eyes. He hated clingy people, which is probably why he wasn’t fond of Kyungsoo at first.

 

She huffs her breath in anger. “I don’t like him! I was just gone for 10 minutes and you already found someone else to dance with. Don’t tell me you are becoming like Minseok and Jongdae, they are brainwashing you.”

 

Kyungsoo finds her attitude blatantly rude and uncalled for. Now he doesn’t feel guilt for spilling alcohol on her earlier, if only that cup of alcohol was full, that would be more amusing.

 

Chanyeol is impatient now, and of course couldn’t control his anger. “Just leave Sulli. I’m getting annoyed.”

 

That was enough to tick her off as she scurries away but stomps her feet in an angry manner first. Kyungsoo watches her leave the club and felt apologetic that he has caused this. Kyungsoo is about to apologize but Jongdae interrupts from behind.

 

“Leave her, she’s just a fervent admirer of his, she won’t leave him alone. You can say that she got jealous of you.” Jongdae lets out a grin.

 

Momentarily Chanyeol pulls himself out of his trance and looks at Jongdae, not understanding why Jongdae said that. “What’s there to be jealous about? I dance with a kid so that meant nothing. Everyone in Seoul should know that I’m ing straight.”

 

“Language Chanyeol!" Kyungsoo says which only causes an erupted laughter from Minseok. He didn’t understand how this kid could hang around Chanyeol if Chanyeol's language bothered him. It was in Chanyeol's everyday speech. Chanyeol ignores Kyungsoo and starts to drink his alcohol, not caring if he will get wasted.

 

Kyungsoo surveys Chanyeol’s expression and could tell that Chanyeol is close to getting drunk. A nagging suspicion crosses his mind because he could not afford to have Chanyeol get drunk. “Please stop drinking.” Kyungsoo begs but Chanyeol wouldn't stop. He just kept drinking while getting refills.

 

“Just leave me alone kid. What do you want from me?” Chanyeol speaks and slams his head onto the palm of his hand, as if he was contemplating what to say.

 

To Minseok’s surprise, Kyungsoo did not stop Chanyeol anymore, he just lets Chanyeol do whatever he wants. It seems like he has given up all hope. Jongdae was dismayed to see how Kyungsoo’s skin really shined in the dark place. As Kyungsoo caresses Chanyeol's back, they can both see the worried look on his face. “Does he like Chanyeol?” Minseok turns to Jongdae who only shrug his shoulder. “I think he likes Chanyeol, I mean no one could stand Chanyeol's cold personality for long. He doesn’t seem like a mercenary gold digger either, maybe he is attracted to Chanyeol.”

 

A small smile crept upon Jongdae’s face. “If he does like Chaneyol then I would be grateful. Chanyeol is such a bastard sometimes, if he had this kid around, maybe Chanyeol can become the sweet Chanyeol that you said once existed, which I have yet to see.”

 

“You are so drunk!” They hear Kyungsoo scream because Chanyeol’s head lands on Kyungsoo’s arm. Kyungsoo tries to help Chanyeol up and looks at Minseok and Jongdae for help, but it seems like they had different intentions. At a time like this, they had a smug look on their faces.

 

-----

 

“Take care of him. We wish you two happiness~” Minseok and Jongdae cheers while waving goodbye to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo lifts an eyebrow, not sure what they were trying to do. “Just take him home first. Then you can go home, unless you have no place to stay at, then feel free to stay at his~” Minseok grins again.

 

Kyungsoo nods innocently and turns towards the direction that Chanyeol has come from earlier. He remembers where Chanyeol live and now he just has to retrace his steps. He held Chanyeol’s arm on his shoulder and tries to steady the tall body.

 

When he arrives at the house, he rings the doorbell. The butler opens the door and Kyungsoo helps Chanyeol in. Chanyeol's house is beautiful as it was on the outside, so adequate and neat. The house corridors designs were ravishing and Kyungsoo could say, this place is almost as great as heaven.

 

“I can take care of him.” Kyungsoo gives the butler a smile and he shows Kyungsoo where Chanyeol's room is. Kyungsoo helps Chanyeol get on the huge bed and drops his body on it. He stares at Chanyeol’s sleeping figure on the bed and smiles to himself. Chanyeol looks so peaceful and nice like this, unlike the stingy Chanyeol that liked to yell profanity in every sentence. If Chanyeol could always be like this, maybe he would have higher hopes on completing this mission.

 

He could see why he was sent to guard on Chanyeol though, but deep down in his heart, he doesn't find Chanyeol to be as terrifying as he imagined him to be. Behind that cold exterior was just a normal guy.

 

“Are you Chanyeol's new friend?” Kyungsoo hears the butler say when he steps inside the room.

 

Kyungsoo just nods, averting his attention to the butler. He had gray hair and wore a nice black tux, he looked very fancy. This whole house looks fancy and Kyungsoo hasn’t even had the time to go wander around yet. The butler spoke again while trying to help Chanyeol, “It’s nice that he is making more friends. He can get very lonely because his parents aren’t always around.”

 

“What happened to them?”

 

“They are always off working in other countries. No time to go home, so I’m the only person Chanyeol has. Well Minseok and Jongdae also but those two are practically glued together.” He let out a faint chuckle. “Chanyeol is hard to befriend because of some past events that I shouldn’t bring up, but I’m glad that you are here for him.”

 

Kyungsoo nods, the butler’s words has given him more motivation in guarding Chanyeol and making sure Chanyeol knows the true meaning of being a human being. Chanyeol is hard to approach, but Kyungsoo knows with time he can really change Chanyeol for the best.

 

-----

 

Chanyeol place his hand over his head, trying to get rid of the massive headache pounding his brain. It was already morning. He furrows his eyebrows in confusion, wondering how he got home. Then he looks down at his clothes and realize it has been changed. He immediately fume when he met with the voice that sent shivers down his spine. “You’re up!” Kyungsoo cheers.

 

Chanyeol backs up from his bed and fell on the floor, hitting his head in the process. Kyungsoo rushes over to Chanyeol and glance at how much pain Chanyeol was in. He bit his lips, knowing he was the cause of Chanyeol’s troubles.

 

“What the are you doing here?!” Chanyeol yells out while holding on his head again.

 

“I helped you home silly.” Kyungsoo answers with a silly smile on his face. “You were so drunk that you just fell right asleep, the butler changed your clothes and helped you settled down after I brought you home.”

 

Chanyeol is thankful that it wasn’t Kyungsoo that changed his clothes, but his head was in too much agony to think. Kyungsoo has an apologetic look and inclines his head closer to Chanyeol. “I’m sorry for startling you. I promise I won’t do it again.”

 

Chanyeol has no idea how a person can keep a smile on their face all the time, no matter how bad the situation seemed. He has encountered a weirdo and he has no idea how to get rid of him.