Soften up

Angel: Mission Impossible

Kyungsoo presses on his temples and tries to restrain himself from this strange affliction. He doesn’t understand what his problem was, why was this strange feeling suddenly taking over him? He blinkes and tries to regain his composure. If only he could go to church to get some advice, he feels so clueless right now.

 

“Kyungsoo, come on!” Jongdae calls trying to get Kyungsoo to walk faster. Kyungsoo is trailing behind them the whole time. It was like he was drained off all his energy from the mall, and they didn’t even walk that much. Minseok and Jongdae were wondering what is happening with the energetic Kyungsoo yesterday night.

 

Kyungsoo runs towards Minseok and Jongdae and they could see how pale his face was. “What’s wrong Kyungsoo?” Minseok asks as he Kyungsoo's hair and then touches Kyungsoo's face, “You look so sick.” Kyungsoo's face isn’t the same color as the rest of them. Minseok tries to survey Kyungsoo’s face some more and could tell something was definitely wrong.

 

Kyungsoo smiles as a reassurance. “Nothing is wrong. I…I guess I can’t walk a lot.”

 

Jongdae laughs a little and walks closer to Kyungsoo. “Minseok’s a strong guy, want him to carry you back home so you can get some rest?”

 

Kyungsoo shakes his head and his face flushes in embarrassment. “He…He’s your boyfriend. I can take care of myself. No worries.” Kyungsoo isn’t sure how love works but he was sure he didn’t want Minseok taking care of him over Jongdae. It felt wrong.

 

Jongdae laughs as he pinches Kyungsoo’s cheek. “You are the cutest thing ever! If you don’t want Minseok to help you, I can ask Chanyeol. Chanyeol is also very strong so you will feel protected. Besides him hanging out with Sulli is getting annoying, and that Baekhyun guy…looks like Chanyeol got another admirer.”

 

“A…Admirer?” Kyungsoo’s eyes becomes larger, all this time he thought Baekhyun and Sulli had something going on. Maybe he did at understanding love and attraction.

 

“You can’t see it? Baekhyun is definitely not straight. The whole time he’s following Chanyeol, not Sulli. He definitely has his eyes on Chanyeol. Is that why you are so pale? You’re jealous of those two?” Jongdae teases.

 

Minseok nudge Jongdae on the arm. “Stop being so nosy. No wonder when I asked you which outfit looked better on me you didn’t answer. You were too busy putting your nose into other people’s business.” That comment earn a faint blush on Jongdae's cheeks, maybe he was a bit too nosy, but he couldn’t help it, these things were interesting.

 

“I was just observing.” Jongdae tries to defend himself. He didn’t like it when Minseok accused him even though Minseok was right.

 

Minseok shakes his head and turns back to Kyungsoo. “Sorry kid, ignore Jongdae. He’s always sticking his nose into people’s business.” That comment earns a slap on the shoulder by Jongdae. Kyungsoo couldn’t help but laugh at the bickering couple, they might be bickering but Kyungsoo could see that it’s nothing big. They obviously still love each other if Chanyeol said they were always on their honeymoon phase.

 

“What’s going on over here?” Chanyeol makes his way over with Baekhyun and Sulli trailing close behind him. The scene looks like mother goose and her babies. Kyungsoo just shakes his head indicating that nothing is wrong.

 

“Kyungsoo looks kind of sick don’t you think? I think you should take him home Chanyeol.” Minseok says. Chanyeol holds on Kyungsoo’s shoulder and turns him around. Kyungsoo feels his face getting hot when Chanyeol directly stares at him. It felt like time was frozen for the moment when Kyungsoo's eyes met Chanyeol. Chanyeol is ridiculously good looking, and when he put his caring face on, it breaks the attractive scale.

 

“You do look paler. I should take you home, I knew it was a bad idea to bring you here.” Chanyeol sighs as he takes Kyungsoo's hand. He didn’t know why but he feels responsible for Kyungsoo’s health.

 

“You guys leaving?” Minseok asks while staring at Chanyeol and Kyungsoo. Chanyeol just nods and turns to Baekhyun and Sulli to tell them he was leaving. Sulli didn’t look happy but Baekhyun smiles nonetheless. He was a smiley boy and Chanyeol likes that, he was like Kyungsoo in a way. Chanyeol was definitely surrounding himself with too many happy people-at first it was just Minseok and now it’s Kyungsoo and Baekhyun.

 

“I hope to see you again Chanyeol.” Baekhyun says while waving to Chanyeol who was taking Kyungsoo away. When they were out of sight Baekhyun says goodbye to Jongdae, Minseok and Sulli. Sulli raises a brow in suspicion that Baekhyun might be falling for Chanyeol, which meant she has another rival. She just hoped this thought wasn’t true because then she made the wrong move introducing him to Chanyeol.

 

“I…I guess we should all split up now. I have to head home anyways. See you guys later and nice to meet you all.” Baekhyun smiles and bows before rushing out as well. Once he was gone Sulli knew she had to leave, she hated Minseok and Jongdae. She says nothing before leaving them. Once they were alone Jongdae walks away leaving Minseok standing there.

 

Minseok sigh and chase after his boyfriend. “Come on Jongdae, are you still mad? I was just saying, I didn’t mean to make you mad baby.” Minseok holds onto Jongdae's hand to stop him from walking away any further.

 

Jongdae stares at Minseok with his sorry eyes, the eyes that Minseok cannot help but love so much. No matter what Jongdae does wrong, he cannot help but overlook it, because in his heart he loved Jongdae too much to look at his flaws. “I’m sorry baby. I love you.” Minseok holds onto Jongdae’s shoulder and looks at his lover with sincerity in his eyes.

 

Jongdae hugs Minseok and buries his face into Minseok’s chest. “I love you too. Sorry I’m a nosy person at times.”

 

Minseok laughs at Jondae's comment. “At times? More like all the time. But I guess I shouldn’t overreact too much, like you said, you are just an observant person.” He said with a hint of teasing in his voice. Jongdae wanted to hit Minseok for teasing him again. “As long as next time you also pay attention to me and not just everybody else. I get jealous too, seeing my baby eyes on someone else.”

 

Jongdae smiles and kiss Minseok on the lips. “I love you so much even though you are so stupid.”

 

“Stupid?” Minseok's eyes widen.

 

“Yes stupid. You never think and are always so obnoxious. Then when you decide to think you start to think I look at other people over you. I rather you not think.”

 

After saying that Jongdae runs away because Minseok is chasing after him. They were both giggling causing everyone to stare at the happy couple. “Come back here you brat!” Minseok calls out.

 

-----

 

Kyungsoo runs around in circles trying to cheer Chanyeol up. Chanyeol is on the sofa when they got back until now and he couldn’t understand why. What did he do to make Chanyeol so upset? “Chanyeol! Chanyeol, stand up! Jump around!” Kyungsoo cheers into Chanyeol’s ears.

 

“You were so pale and tired at the mall and at home you have so much energy. If I didn’t know any better I would assume you are making me look bad in front of my friends so it looks like I’m torturing you, but at home you are crazy and wild.”

 

Kyungsoo stops his running and thought for a moment. He did get more energy all of a sudden and he didn’t understand why. Was it the alone time with Chanyeol? He shakes his head at that silly thought. He was just protecting Chanyeol. Nothing is going on. They weren’t like Minseok and Jongdae.

 

“So answer me, do you enjoy making me look bad?” Chanyeol asks again. “I mean just because I look so good all the time you need to find some way to make me look bad? That’s low Kyungsoo.”

 

“No no! That’s not what I’m doing!” Kyungsoo tries to defend himself but Chanyeol just smiles and gets up from his seat. The smile that implants on Chanyeol’s face makes Kyungsoo's heart skip a beat, Chanyeol is so handsome. His smile was so bright and it could light up a night sky.  

 

“I’m just messing with you kid. I’m glad you are feeling better. Seeing you so pale freaked me out.”

 

Kyungsoo has to try to hide the blush on his cheeks. Was Chanyeol opening up his heart and caring for others rather than himself? If that were the case then Kyungsoo would be so happy, he could accomplish this mission faster than he intended.

 

“Chanyeol-ah” Kyungsoo suddenly says. Chanyeol turns around and looks at Kyungsoo and his big eyes. This always meant Kyungsoo is asking for something. Chanyeol doesn’t know what is the favor, but he knows it’s nothing that he is interested in. They only met for a day and Chanyeol could already tell they were complete opposites.

 

“What is it?” Chanyeol asks uninterested.

 

“C…Can you take me to church tomorrow? Tomorrow is Sunday if I’m correct and I would love it if you take me to church. I’m sure you would love it also. It’s a place to share your prayers and hope.”

 

Chanyeol blankly looks at him and then walks away.

 

“Chanyeol!” Kyungsoo yells trying to chase after Chanyeol but Chanyeol keeps on walking up the stairs. “Chanyeollll, pleaseeeeee.” Kyungsoo cries out while chasing Chanyeol up the stairs. He isn’t going to give up easily; he will keep on bothering Chanyeol.

 

Meanwhile the butler smiles at the two of them. The house hasn’t ever been this rowdy. Kyungsoo has definitely brightened up the atmosphere without knowing it. He wished that maybe Chanyeol would take a liking in Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo seemed like a good person, not a person after Chanyeol money or anything like that. He seemed like a person who truly cared for Chanyeol.

 

-----

 

“, somebody kill me.” Chanyeol mumbles to himself. He doesn’t understand why he always gives in to this boy. Was this boy controlling him because he wants to figure out the reason…why was he so easy to control anyways? Around him were soft instruments along with people in the choir singing their hearts out.

 

“Shhhh, Chanyeol this is not the place to be cursing.” Kyungsoo whispers while nudging Chanyeol on his ribs. Kyungsoo feels like he is taking care of a child who has a cursing problem. Chanyeol grumbles and looks around the church some more.

 

He is at the wrong place. He felt so out of place. Kyungsoo owes him big time for this.