Strange force

Angel: Mission Impossible

Chanyeol did not understand what has gotten into him. He rejected the boy countless times and at the end he allowed the boy to stay at his place. The house was big anyways and it only had him and his butler, but still, another presence that was going to annoy him was not something he was looking forward to. He grumbles to himself while eating the breakfast set out on the table for him.

 

He was too focused in his thoughts to notice the butler settling down a cup of water for him. He unconsciously took the cup while staring at the butler. “I honestly do not understand why you like that kid. He is so annoying and it feels like I’m living with a nun, he even restricts me from saying profanities and going to bad places. I mean what the is his problem?”

 

The butler laughs a bit. “Excuse me master. I just find him kind of adorable, and he does assume he is your friend. So that’s why I think it’s a good idea to have him in this household, besides you could use some company other than an old man like myself.”

 

“But don’t you find him kind of strange? He popped out of nowhere and claims he wants to be friends with me. I have no idea who his family is and why the did he choose me out of all people. Usually I would assume he’s some kind of gold digger but something tells me he isn’t. He’s kind of stupid to be honest.”

 

"Stupid? How so?” the butler asks once again, he would be lying if he said he wasn’t intrigued in this topic.

 

Before Chanyeol gets a chance to respond, a presence runs down the stairs with the towel on his head. Apparently he hasn’t taken a shower yet because his hair was still dry. Chanyeol gives him the whole morning to shower and yet he’s still dry. Chanyeol doesn’t understand what was going on, did the kid not know how to shower? But he doesn’t seem dirty or filthy in anyway, he was pretty clean and had a hint of shine to his skin. All in all, he didn’t look like a normal human being.

 

“Chanyeol, can you help me shower?” his question was so innocent that Chanyeol spits out his food. The butler has a grin on his face but neither of the guys noticed it.

 

“Are you on crack or something?” Chanyeol asks, his eyebrow rose in suspicion.

 

Kyungsoo shakes his head innocently. “No I’m not. I…I just don’t understand how the showerhead works. Why are there different colors on them? Do I choose blue or red? I like blue better but the water feels a bit cold, red is like the devil color so I didn't pick it.”

 

Now the butler lets out a loud chuckle and Chanyeol wanted to face palm himself. How can someone be so stupid? It’s like he doesn’t live on earth. “You choose the one in the middle, not too hot or you’ll burn yourself, and not too cold or you will freeze to death. The is wrong with you Kyungsoo? I feel like I’m babysitting a little kid.”

 

Kyungsoo grins and wraps his arms around Chanyeol. “Thank you Chanyeol! That really helped!” he quickly rushes up the stairs again. Chanyeol shakes his head to ignore the hug that Kyungsoo had just given him, but the butler did not miss the blush on his cheeks.

 

“The kid is pretty cute master…”

 

“What are you trying to imply?”

 

“Oh nothing~”

 

-----

 

“This is delicious! Chanyeol you are so lucky to be living a life of luxury.” Kyungsoo compliments while eating his breakfast. The shirt Chanyeol gave him to wear was a bit too big so it exposed his creamy shoulder, Chanyeol had to look away so it doesn’t seem like he was staring too much. He was straight goddammit.

 

Chanyeol dumps his dish in the sink while facing Kyungsoo. “It’s cereal, if you think this is luxury then you have not tasted anything on earth. I feel kind of bad for you.”

 

Kyungsoo gives Chanyeol a smile. “Anything is good as long as it is edible. Being picky with food when other people do not have food is a sign of disrespecting them according to me.”

 

Chanyeol stares at him in awe. How could someone be so weird? He’s already established the kid is weird but he wasn’t just weird, he was extremely weird. “When Minseok dated Jongdae, I thought Jongdae was strange, but damn, you beat Jongdae’s strangeness and kicked it out of the park.”

 

“Huh?” Kyungsoo looks at him with those big eyes, not understanding what Chanyeol was trying to imply.

 

“Nothing. I’m done explaining. I’m going to head out.”

 

“W…Where are you going? Can I come?” Kyungsoo rise up from his seat. The only way he could change Chanyeol was to stay by his side 24/7. He got this far, he cannot back out now, no matter how much he was annoying Chanyeol.

 

“No.”

 

“W…Why? I won’t cause trouble.”

 

“No.”

 

“Pleaasseeee. I will try to do my best to not cause any trouble.”

 

“No.”

 

-----

 

Chanyeol crosses his arms in anger, he cannot believe Kyungsoo followed him in the end. Does this kid need a dictionary? No is a simple word but still he didn’t comprehend it. He turns to look at Kyungsoo who was staring at the place with big eyes; it felt like he wanted to indulge his surroundings by looking at it.

 

Lowering his eyes as if he was pondering a thought he finally turns to Chanyeol, “What is this place?”

 

Chanyeol stares at him dumbfounded. Has this kid ever been out? He was like a baby who had just came out of his mother’s womb, no sense of directions or anything, a blank plate. Chanyeol was starting to get infuriated with this kid but at the same time amused. He didn’t think he would find someone as idiotic as him – lets just say he wasn’t the best in school or anything, but with this kid around, he felt quite smart to say the least.

 

“It’s the mall.” Came a short reply from Chanyeol.

 

Kyungsoo squirms uneasily as he unconsciously takes hold of Chanyeol’s hand. Chanyeol pulls away but Kyungsoo grabs it again. “I heard a lot about the mall. This is where people just come and spend money, it’s mostly for rich people. No wonder you are here, you have a lot of money.”

 

“Does that intrigue you in any way?” Chanyeol decides to ask. He has to dig up some information about this kid, for all he knows, this kid could be a gold digger. Chanyeol has met too many of them so he cannot let his guard down.

 

Kyungsoo laughs and shakes his head. “Money is not important, your personality and faith is more important. I think as long as you are a good person, you are rewarded in a way that’s much more impactful than money.”

 

Chanyeol's shoulder drops and he just walks inside the mall. He has had enough, talking to this kid is making his brain jumble in so many places. Kyungsoo just continues to follow Chanyeol and smiles softly to himself. Chanyeol isn’t a bad person overall, he wasn’t pushing him away yet. Maybe it was easier to guard Chanyeol than he thought.

 

Just as that thought was processed he notices Chanyeol trying to avoid some girl by walking back when he sees her presence. She was the same girl that Kyungsoo spilled alcohol on at the club. “You shouldn’t avoid her, you are a giant. I’m sure she can see you.” Kyungsoo laughs, Chanyeol is so tall, it’s hard to avoid anyone with that height.

 

Chanyeol rolls his eyes, how dare this kid make fun of him. “I’m looking for Minseok and Jongdae. I’m not in the mood to talk to her right now.”

 

Kyungsoo laughs again, “It would be easy to find them.” Right when he says that he sees Minseok and Jongdae rush towards them. Jongdae’s arm is linked with Minseok and Kyungsoo couldn’t help but find them so sweet together. It must be an angelic thought but they are a couple that was made for one another, the way they look so perfect together.

 

“My mannn, I see you are taking Kyungsoo out on a date.” Minseok winks while nudging Chanyeol’s arm. Chanyeol once again wanted to punch Minseok for being so annoying. It didn’t make sense to be friends with him but he can’t ditch Minseok now, they been friends for so long, but still at times Minseok needed to learn how to shut up.

 

Before Chanyeol could say anything Jongdae spoke, “I see Sulli over there with some guy. She probably found someone to replace you in her evil little heart.” Jongdae’s comment made Chanyeol look over and it did look like she found another guy, the guy looked innocent and was good looking. It’s a good thing that Sulli has moved on then, maybe she can forget about that bad incident yesterday.

 

Just when Chanyeol wanted to walk away, he made eye contact with Sulli. “” Chanyeol suddenly says when Sulli walks towards him. Why did they have to make that eye contact?!

 

Kyungsoo wanted to warn Chanyeol about his language again but he notices why Chanyeol cursed when he sees Sulli walking towards them.

 

“Chanyeol!” Sulli smiles.

 

Chanyeol knows he is ed now, he can’t even run anymore. “Hey Sulli.” He says in an awkward tone.

 

Sulli notices Kyungsoo standing there and she shoots him a dirty glare. “Why are you hanging around Chanyeol again? Don’t think he is gay like Jongdae and Minseok. He’s into girls so you should leave him alone you little brat.” Her comment makes Kyungsoo step back. He didn’t understand what was her problem, he didn’t even say anything to her. His presence must have annoyed her deeply.

 

Chanyeol pulls Sulli away before she could spurt out more unnecessary comments. “That’s enough Sulli. Leave him alone.”

 

“Why are you defending him Chanyeol? I don’t ever see you treating anyone that nice. Don’t tell me you are falling for his dirty tricks. I have a sense that he isn’t as innocent as he looks.”

 

Kyungsoo wants to say something to that comment but when Sulli’s friend walks towards them, Kyungsoo steps back again. He sense some force push him back but he doesn't know what it was. “Chanyeol, this is Baekhyun. He’s a friend I just met.” Sulli introduces them both and Chanyeol shakes his hands.

 

“Nice to meet you Baekhyun.”

 

“It's nice to meet you too, Chanyeol.” Baekhyun smiles. He looks innocent and very friendly that it was hard to have a bad impression of him.

 

Minseok and Jongdae introduce themselves too but for some reason Kyungsoo couldn't shake his hands. He felt rude but he didn’t know why he couldn’t do it. “Told you Channie, that kid is rude.” Sulli rolls her eyes while looking at Kyungsoo.

 

Chanyeol does see that Kyungsoo has gotten more pale but he didn’t understand why. Maybe he was afraid of Sulli’s presence? Kyungsoo is so strange that it didn’t make sense to keep trying to figure him out because it gets nowhere.

 

Minseok then wraps his arm around Jongdae's waist. “Are we going to keep standing here or go shopping? We are at the mall people.”

 

Everyone breaks into a small laughter and nods in unison. Sulli quickly grabs Chanyeol’s arm even though Chanyeol tries to yank it away. Their assumptions about Sulli moving on and having a new guy was wrong, she was still obsessed with him. They decide to go shopping in a whole group, maybe that will release some tension. Kyungsoo tries to recollect his thoughts and figure out what was wrong with him. He is supposed to be taking care of Chanyeol but suddenly it’s like a force is preventing him from doing so.