First meeting

Angel: Mission Impossible

Falling from heaven wasn’t an easy ride. It was rapid as the portal sent the angels straight down to earth and landed them in the direction of the house they were to reside at. Each time an angel falls from heaven, it was shown as a shooting star, that way humans will not realize it’s really an angel. It was to skew away any suspicions and let the angel live in peace on earth. So wishes on shooting stars, were really just wishing on fallen angels.

 

To make matters worse, when they were condemned to live on earth forever, the fallen star would fall and lose all the powers and shine along with it. It fades until they start over on earth – erased from all memories of ever being an angel.

 

This journey already filled Kyungsoo up with many deep thoughts and emotions. He plans on how to fit in and not look suspicious or out of place, which was always one of the most difficult tasks. Suddenly the shooting star fell from the sky and landed in front of a house, which he presumed to have the human he has to guard over – a human named Chanyeol. Kyungsoo had an image of what the guy was supposed to look like but he wasn’t sure if he was ready for this. He didn’t have any confidence in himself, he feared for the day where he has to live on earth forever. It was a thought that kept appearing constantly in his head, his heart began racing nervously as he stayed outside the large house. He could already guess that the guy he was assigned to was filthy rich from the looks of the house, many people in Korea lived in apartments, but this guy lived in like a mansion. He would be one of the rich people Kyungsoo had to watch out for.

 

Back then Kyungsoo would always look down on earth and see cruel instances happening. Robbery, divorces, people looking down on one another because of their income, gang, murders, bullying, social status, and a lot more. He has always shook his head and prayed that he wouldn’t have to live on earth, but his luck ran out. Now he had to remain on earth for a year, a year of living with people who have no sense in values and respect for one another.

 

His fingers shook nervously and he couldn’t drive himself to press on the doorbell. He sighed in defeat; this guy can’t be that bad, right? Why was he so worried? He shoved aside his worried thoughts and was about to touch the doorbell but the door has swung open before he could do anything. In front of him was a guy that looked about his age (well mortal age, angel age they were way off). The guy had silver hair swept to the side and he was tall. He wore a black t-shirt and jeans, with some chain hanging from the side of his jeans. Beyond good looking was the only word Kyungsoo could make out, he had an image of the guy before but he never expected him to be this good looking. 

 

Before Kyungsoo could say anything, the guy spoke first. “What are you doing in front of my house?” his voice was deep and serious. No sign of welcoming whatsoever.

 

Kyungsoo swallowed his saliva and look up at the guy, “Hi, my name is Kyungsoo. I…I want to be your friend.” After that being said, Kyungsoo realized he sounded like an idiot.

 

The guy showed no emotions as he walked out of his house, closing the door behind him. He stared at Kyungsoo and was intrigued, the boy looked like a little kid, he had a fair share of milky skin and flawless features. In a way he looked like an angel because his skin really radiated, even in the dark. But right now the guy did not care how angelic this kid looked, the kid was just plain weird and he had no intentions of becoming friends with him.

 

“Wait where are you going?” Kyungsoo asked when he saw the guy walking away from his side. He picked up his pace and followed the guy, even if he was getting ignored.

 

From the guy’s walk it already had a hint of arrogance. He shoved his hand in his pocket as he picked up his pace, trying to get away from the weird kid. He never expected the kid to catch up so fast because the kid was suddenly walking right beside him. “Look, I have no idea what the hell is wrong with you. But I have no intentions in making any more friends. So leave.” He instructed as he kept on walking.

 

Kyungsoo was too stubborn to listen so he kept on following the guy, “Please don’t curse. Hell is not a sacred place. Saying it in that tone is not good, you might attract the devil.”

 

The guy stopped in his tracks, startling Kyungsoo in the process. Kyungsoo stared at him with those big puppy eyes, not knowing why the guy looked so angry. As a matter of fact, the guy doesn’t seem like he knew how to smile. “What the is wrong with you kid? Go away before I ing call the cops on you.”

 

Kyungsoo quickly placed his hands over his ears to disrupt the cursing; the foul language was something he was not used to. “Please don’t curse, please.” Kyungsoo was like a little kid begging for candy, but in reality he was just begging the guy to not curse anymore. The cursing was going to be a hindrance on this journey.

 

The guy stared at Kyungsoo, he couldn’t form any words to describe this kid. He wanted to call the hospital to get this kid checked but he wasn’t that nice. He just ignored the kid and kept on walking to his destination. He didn’t understand why he didn’t throw a fit at the kid yet, but maybe it’s because he had sparkling eyes, eyes that glitters and has a hint of telling him that he is not a bad person.

 

“You are very tall, it’s nice.” He heard the kid complimented with a giggle.

 

“I know. I’m ing hot with great features. Now leave me alone.”

 

“I told you, please no foul language!” the kid puffed his cheeks and kept following the guy.

 

-----

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes wanted to pop out of his sockets once he came into face with the dirty stench smell. The place was filled with large banging music, and outside there were many sweaty men holding cigarettes puffing out the substance, while other men had their arms wrap around women who had very revealing clothes on, with bottles of alcohol in their hands. Kyungsoo’s first thought was – did he just bring me to the devil’s fun place?

 

He saw the guy he was supposed to guard making his way inside the filthy place and gasped. He rushed towards the guy and pulled his hand back, only to receive a dirty glare from the guy.

 

“Don’t go in there, I can smell the devil.” Kyungsoo warned.

 

The guy stared at him. Again, he was speechless with this kid. Maybe he should be nice and get a psychologist for the kid. He wanted to open his mouth and curse but his friends voice interrupted his speech.

 

“Yooo wassupp Chanyeolll.” The voice rung in his ears, this kid was already annoying enough, and now his two annoying gay friends weren’t helping either. Jongdae and Minseok made way towards him, with Jongdae holding onto Minseok’s arm for his dear life. Jongdae and Minseok were dating for a year, and whoever said you are supposed you get over the honeymoon phase within a month was wrong, these two were always on their honeymoon phase. It drove Chanyeol nuts.

 

“Who is the beauty? , you never told us you were also gay. Hiding secrets from us huh?” the grin on Minseok’s face made Chanyeol want to slap him. 

 

“Shut up Minseok. This guy is-“ Chanyeol was going to say weird as but the guy cut in.

 

“I’m Kyungsoo. It’s nice to meet you, I’m going to be Chanyeol’s friend.” He smiled brightly. Chanyeol wanted to face palm himself, now he had to deal with three annoying people. He can already see himself getting therapy.

 

Jongdae lets go of Minseok’s arm and held on Kyungsoo’s shoulder, “Chanyeol he is soooo cute! Great catch. I’m Jongdae and this is my boyfriend Minseok.” Jongdae introduced and Kyungsoo’s mouth almost dropped.

 

“…Boyfriend?” his voice sounded like a mere whisper now. He didn’t know that a guy-guy could have a relationship. While Kyungsoo was still in his thoughts to phantom whether this relationship is right or wrong Chaneyol just cuts in.

 

“He is not my catch or whatever the you are talking about Jongdae. I opened my door and found him in the front of my house. Now he’s following me to the club, saying things like devil place and . The kid is weird as .”

 

Kyungsoo suddenly forgot his thoughts about two men loving each other and felt like he was going to faint. Too much foul language in one sentence. He had no idea how he was going to keep up with Chanyeol if he kept sputtering the devil’s language like this. “Chanyeol, I already said. No more foul language, it’s bad for you.”

 

His sentence made Minseok and Jongdae burst into laughter. Kyungsoo just stared at them, not fully understanding why they were laughing at him. He didn’t think he said anything funny, unless he was missing the gist of the joke.

 

“Looks like you are dating a nun.” Minseok laughed when Chanyeol shoved him on the shoulder. Minseok and Jongdae loved making fun of Chanyeol because Chanyeol never showed any emotions other than anger. So ticking him off is always fun because he gets so offended. 

 

Jongdae finally stopped laughing and wiped away the tear on the corner of his eyes, “We are your friends Chanyeol. We won’t judge you. But honestly speaking, if Kyungsoo thinks that is foul language coming from you, he hasn’t seen near the worse yet.”

 

“Shut the up.” Chanyeol grumbled and wanted to walk away but Kyungsoo held on his arm again pulling him back. “What do you want kid?!” When chanyeol's voice raised it made Kyungsoo a bit startled.

 

“W…What do you guys usually do in there?” Kyungsoo pointed to the place, which he presumed to be the devil’s hideout or funhouse.

 

Jongdae smiled at the kid’s innocence, “We dance in there. Drink, dance and have fun. It’s a club kid, what do you expect?”

 

“But the smell-” before Kyungsoo could finish what he was saying, Chanyeol already broke off the hold and walked towards the club. Kyungsoo turned to Jongdae and Minseok with a sad look written all over his face. Minseok gave Jongdae a sign to say something, because Jongdae was always better with words. Minseok only knew how to make fun of Chanyeol, he wasn’t good with these types of situation. 

 

“Hey there, don’t be sad.” Jongdae said with a smile, “Chanyeol is always like that, he’s a cocky bastard but we all learn how to love him. What made you show up at his house anyways?”

 

“I…I just wanted to be his friend…” Kyungsoo felt like crying, he never felt so defeated in his life. As a tear slid down his eyes Jongdae felt a drop of rain on his shoulder. He didn’t say anything because he just guessed that it was a coincidence.

 

When another tear fell small raindrops also fell. “Looks like heaven is crying with you. Come on kid, cheer up, we need to go clubbing so do you want to join us?” Minseok asked. He was never used to people crying, especially when Jongdae cried, so he always tried his best to make sure that tears are hardly shed. Maybe that’s why he loves hanging out with Chanyeol, Chanyeol never showed any sign of weakness or any emotions close to crying.

 

Jongdae patted Kyungsoo's shoulder, “No need to be sad. Chanyeol will be your friend before you know it. I mean, he is our friend and we get on his nerves all the time." 

 

“Hey!” Minseok shot back, “You are suppose to comfort him, not make fun of us.”

 

“Can’t help it that you like to get on people’s nerves.” Jongdae teased while pinching his cheek. “But I’m surprised Chanyeol gets along with you the most, such opposite personalities.”

 

“It’s because we were friends since we were in diapers. Otherwise he would probably curse at me and use his broom to kick me out of the house.” Kyungsoo laughed at Jongdae and Minseok’s conversation. He never thought a homoual couple would be so cute. Sure it was wrong in his eyes, but he had no rights to judge them. It was God’s views, not his. Right now he just wanted to become Chanyeol's friend, but how could he when Chanyeol is visiting the devil’s place?

 

“You are cute when you laugh and smile.” Jongdae said again pinching Kyungsoo's cheeks making Minseok a bit jealous, but he quickly got over it, knowing Kyungsoo was just a kid.

 

“Come on, let’s go have some fun and party it up!” Jongdae shouted. Minseok was a bit embarrassed with his boyfriend at times but Jongdae’s personality is what attracted him at first.

 

“B...But I-” before Kyungsoo could reject the offer, Jongdae grabbed his arm and pulled him into the devil’s palace. His eyes showed fear when he stared at the lights from the top of the building. The bright sign saying Seoul Nightclub already freaked him out.