Ten

A little crush
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

28 days after Sehun went missing in action - Amber wasn’t about to even bother lying to herself she wasn’t counting - he finally showed up. At her doorstep.

She was definitely unprepared. At first, the woman had been in denial, perhaps the EXO boys were really busy with their comeback or the maknae couldn’t get time away from filming. Two weeks after, it was the stage of despair when a wave of unhappiness washed over the American and she cursed herself for not heeding Junmyeon’s advice from the beginning. What was worse - the sleepless nights or the overwhelming despair - Amber would never ever know. Just when she finally was embarking on the final phase of acceptance, that had the gall to come knocking on her door, unannounced. 

“What are you doing here?”

She was angry. Mad at the tall young man that stood just outside her apartment, face ashen, for toying with her. Furious at her weak will when it came to all things Oh Sehun. 

“Noona.”

The bags under his eyes were worse than normal, the young man resembled the walking dead, giving Luhan or Yixing a run for their money on their worst days. 

Despite his appearance, the surge of happiness that she would expect to feel failed to materialise. Somehow, an aura of sadness surrounded Sehun. 

“Sehunnie. Why did you come?”

Was this visit’s motive to “break up” with her? Not trusting herself or him, Amber stood firm, blocking the entrance to her home.

With some difficulty, as though he had not used words for a long time, Sehun croaked, “I missed you.”

“Then where were you then, all this while?” 

It wasn’t like Amber to be bitter. But being on a perpetual emotional rollercoaster ride for the past month without an outlet had been pure exhausting.

Wrapping his arms around the disgruntled woman, Sehun pulled Amber in a tight embrace. 

“I am sorry.”

Amber would cave in either way - besides she couldn’t leave the remarkably looking young man out in the public, in case of prying eyes. Quickly shutting the door, she wriggled out of his hug. Someone else was more excited to see Sehun though. Jack Jack ran up to the visitor, little tail wagging. The times Sehun had stayed over was enough for the dog to develop affection for the young man. 

He crouched down to pat Jack Jack. Amber hated how familiar her pet was with Sehun now - what was it with Sehun’s charm that even animals couldn’t resist? Sighing inwardly, she walked to the kitchen, asking whether her guest needed anything to drink. The month of absence seemed to reduce them to strangers, not even the good friends that they used to be. What was that old saying about friends being lovers? 

Peering into the fridge, Amber could sense Sehun walk up behind her. Her body stiffened, not knowing what to expect. Again, his long arms reached around her. Back hugs were as Amber had learnt, an effective form of Sehun’s attack. As much as she wanted to relax, a strange mood surrounded the young man that night. She had never been able to read Sehun before, much less since they had become intimate. 

She refused to keep her hopes up. At least that was the intention as she continued to rummage through the cold shelves. 

“Noona, pay attention to me.”

With a spin, Amber turned to face Sehun, slamming the door shut. With as much sass as she could muster, she retorted, “You go missing and then expect me to give you attention?”

Something shifted in his eyes though.

Stepping ever so closer to the woman, Sehun first kissed her hair. Then her forehead. Uncharacteristically gentle, his lips slightly brushed against the tip of her nose. What was this boy playing now?

But Amber did miss this person so much. Even surprising herself at how much she missed his kisses, the touch of his fingers and even the way his skin pressed against her body. She ached for him, probably in the same way that he pined for Jongin. 

As she was hoisted up and carried onto the bed - Sehun’s top came off - her heart was filled with renewed hope. Or was it false hope, relieved that he had come back for her? What had happened during the time he had gone missing in action?

All those questions were on the tip of her tongue but when he kissed her again, hard and right on the lips, they were chased away. Her body, her limbs, her heart, wasn’t her own. Only Oh Sehun could manipulate them in whatever way he wished. 

This power he had over her. Where did that come from?

“Let me make love to you, Amber.”

It was her turn to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter