In this lifetime

Submarines

Momo wore the hood of her jacket as the night's air brushed her skin. She could tell that it was cold and breezy though she can not feel it. 

 

She looked down, not wanting anyone to see her self, not on this state, not when her eyes are not on its normal color.

 

She continued to roam around. Her body doesn't even know where it is heading, though her heart knows too well where. 

 

She shouldn't even be going there anyway, not when the moon is full and surprisingly brighter than usual

 

But her patience it getting smaller and smaller. It has been 2 weeks since she had last seen her and she blames it on the moon's phase. Sure, they still reach out to each other with their phones, but Momo can't resist anymore, not when she heard Nayeon's pleading voice on the phone earlier saying, 'I miss you so much, I wish you were here.'

 

Finally, she halted as she reached her destination. She looked above where her beloved's apartment's room is.

 

The lights were unsurprisingly out and Momo smiled to herself as she concluded that Nayeon's sleeping already. She figured, she'd just stare at her sleep until her heart's satisfied and then head home. 

 

She went to somewhere dusky, where she can certainly say that no one can see her. She closed her eyes and on a blink of an eye, she's now facing a familiar kitchen.

 

A certain Im Nayeon's kitchen.

 

"Momo? Is that you?" She heard Nayeon speak behind her, causing Momo to be rooted on her spot, hoping Nayeon didn't catch her to 'just magically appeared out of nowhere.' "I thought you were in London?"

 

"I uh, just arrived." Momo lied, still contemplating whether she'd face Nayeon or not. "I wanted to surprise you."

 

"Awww. " Nayeon beamed and Momo knows too well that she got Nayeon's cheeks to turn red without even looking. "You got me there, I didn't even hear the door when you came in."

 

"I missed you." Momo felt Nayeon's warm hands touch her cold ones.

 

She slowly turned around, not wanting to scare Nayeon, though she's certain that mo matter what she would do... Nayeon would still be scared.

 

Just like what she expected, Nayeon released her hands and Momo could only feel the breeze rushing through her skin when Nayeon's warm hands left her.

 

Now it's even colder than before for Momo.

 

"You....." Nayeon can't even seem to believe what she was about to say. "You're a vampire."

 

And Momo didn't just see it, she also felt it in her cold heart.... again.

 

She can clearly see and feel Nayeon's terror, and it hurts Momo too much to see Nayeon's look which is just about to run away from her.

 

From bloody red to yellow, the shade of Momo's eyes changed. And yellow means she's afraid, hurt, and unwell. 

 

With a snap of Momo's fingers, Nayeon fell unconscious and Momo, considering how fast she could move, caught Nayeon in her arms immediately.

 

Momo had lost count unto how many times she had done this. The times she had cupped her girlfriend's cheeks, reciting unfamiliar words to mankind and erasing a human's selected previous memories. 

 

Momo placed Nayeon carefully on her bed as she thought of any way how Im Nayeon in this lifetime will learn to accept her the way she is.... just like how Im Nayeon of a hundred years back did.