Chapter 5

Submarines

"We are not in that place anymore." Momo says. "Right?"

 

Nayeon smiles, because of course, they absolutely aren't. "Yes, we've moved on from that place already. Heck it's been three years, Momo."

 

Momo mirrors Nayeon's expression. She's content. "Let's have a toast then. For our getting back together, as friends, I mean."

 

Nayeon laughs. "I like that, getting back together as friends."

 

 

Nayeon smiles but it doesn't reach her eyes. She stood up, preparing to leave as she compares the girl who had just left's glass to hers.

 

It was ironic enough for Nayeon to scoff. Her own glass was full, but her own self is empty.

 

But it doesn't matter. Not anymore, at least. For if Momo is not in that place anymore after some time, then heck, Nayeon knows she'll be out of that place soon. 

 

Maybe she just needs to get out of this place or get out of this country even, where she won't finally be able to keep an eye on Momo anymore. Where she can't spend minutes, hours, waiting by the girl's home from time to time - hoping to get some glimpse.

 

Yeah, she definitely needs to get out of this - that place. 

 

Nayeon finally walks out of the bar. Leaving everything behind.

 

She, however, never took and drank the toast.