G(love)s

Submarines

"I still can't believe you're doing this." Minatozaki Sana pouted and felt a bit victorious immediately as the girl in front of her looked away because clearly, nobody is immuned to her charms. 

 

Not even Kim Dahyun.

 

"Sana, you know too well that I have to."

 

"I know." It was Sana's turn to look away now, embarrassed for acting immature and for not thinking about Dahyun's situation. She's being selfish right now. (But it'sfine, Dahyun still likes her anyway.) "Just please promise me you won't get hurt too much. Dodge everything if possible."

 

Dahyun - daughter of a renowned woman boxer - stifled a laugh. Because even though she has never been in a proper fight, she knows that it's impossible to dodge everything. 

 

She had prepared for this for almost a year, with the help of her mom's trustworthy coach. She can't help but feel sad too for her mom had prepared for this even longer than her, until her mom had met an accident wherein her left leg couldn't be fit for the sport anymore.

 

Her mom was devastated, as if she lost the most important thing she possessed until Dahyun (a bit out of her mind on that time) stepped up and volunteered to be her mom's proxy. 

 

"I'll do my best, Sana. Don't worry, okay?" Dahyun reassures, although her heart is a little bit anxious too. Because come on, who would not feel such thing when you are minutes away from being punched by some other woman. 

 

"Fine, I'll have my faith on you. I know you'll do good anyway." Sana looks up at Dahyun once again. "I know you wil."

 

"Will you watch me?" Dahyun asks when she finally heard the announcer's voice through her pad's speaker. 

 

"As much as I don't want to see you fighting, I also can't resist looking at you in that hot shorts and top, Dahyunie." Sana stated as her grin became wider with the thought of how those fabrics were complimenting Dahyun's body. (And she just prays, prays hard that she won't see any bruise or any mark from this fight on her girlfriend's body tonight. Although, she'd love her anyway no matter what happens.) Sana reaches for Dahyun's chin, a gesture she always makes whenever she's about to initiate a kiss. "And besides, I'm a ring girl, remember? I'm definitely gonna watch so you better do good, you hear me?" 

 

"I will, Sana." Dahyun answers and she's now reflecting Sana's smirk on her lips as she eyed the latter. "Now, will this hot ring girl right here finally give me something that might magically make me a good boxer now?"

 

"Oh you definitely will." Sana let out a laugh after the kiss. It was soft, but it was enough to make Dahyun giddy from inside and out. 

 

Sana gave Dahyun a nod in which the latter answered with, "come on, let's go." Before intertwining her hands on Sana's as they walk to the arena together.