Frank

You're Right
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“He’s single.”

“So?”

Wheein lets out a tiny scoff as if she can’t believe the words that just came out of her best friend’s mouth. “So, you’re single and he’s single.

“Is that the only requirement for two complete strangers to agree to go out on a date?” Yongsun snorts. “Pass me the remote, midget.”

“You’re an .” Wheein tosses the remote to her best friend and pulls her feet up on the couch then drapes her legs across Yongsun’s thighs. They watch TV in comfortable silence until Wheein speaks up again.

“I swear my cousin is not a creep.”

“That’s what you said about your childhood friend and he ended up bringing his pet snake to our date.” Yongsun rolls her eyes.

“It was cute and harmless.”

“It was a 5-foot python named Brutus.”

“You have a pet tortoise!” Wheein says, gesturing towards the floor at a giant tortoise who was slowly crawling around the living room, oblivious to all humanly problems.

“Frank is different. He’s family.” Yongsun says, making kissing noises at her pet. “Don’t mind Auntie Wheein, she’s just mad because I’m acing this thing called being happily single.”

“Auntie Wheein? He’s old enough to be our father.” Wheein points out out, then grabs her phone and scrolling mindlessly before asking, “Hey you know this app called Cinder?”

Yongsun considers for a moment. “I might have heard of it.” She sees a weird smile spreading on Wheein’s face and starts shaking her head, understanding her friend all too well to know that something is up in her sleeves. “Before you get any ideas, I’m not up for anything.”

“It’s getting a lot of great reviews! People are calling it the hook up app of the century.” Wheein snatches Yongsun’s phone from the coffee table and starts typing away. “I have to create a profile for you.”

“Why don’t you create one for yourself, miss enthusiastic matchmaker?”

“Because I just broke up with Taehyung and am not ready for hook ups and rebounds.”

“I’M not ready for hook ups and rebounds!”

“I broke up two months ago. You broke up two years ago.”

Yongsun had ended her relationship with her then college boyfriend because he was cheating on her with a girl who worked at a coffee shop where he used to hang out to study. Heartbroken, Yongsun has since been extra careful about who she lets herself be close with for fear of being hurt all over again.

“I hate you.”

There’s no point trying to stop Wheein once she has set her mind on something. Yongsun can only sigh in surrender and focus on her sitcom instead, convinced that nobody is going to swipe right for a commercial actress who faded out of limelight years ago. Nowadays she spends her days doing meokbangs or taking funny photos and videos of Frank and put

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter