Beautiful Creation

Mysterious Neighbor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a peaceful evening for Hong Siho, with an instrumental music as a background. She was so focused in her work, until she didn't hear her door creaked open. Her focus was disrupted by a loud bang, and she couldn't help, but to look at the source of the sound.

Siho saw her next-door neighbor, standing by her door with an astonished expression. "What are you doing?" she couldn't hide the irritated tone in her voice.

Oh Sehun snapped his attention toward the girl on the floor, "Huh?"

"I said, what are you doing here, uh. I forgot your name," Siho stood up and dusted off her shorts.

"O-Oh Sehun. Sorry, I must have entered the wrong unit. And um, your door wasn't locked," he shuttered nervously.

"It wasn't? Okay," Siho folded her arms and waited for Sehun to leave. Sehun however, just stayed there and his attention went back to the painting behind her.

"Do you need anything?" she looked back at where Sehun was staring.

Sehun pointed to the painting and said, "Ah no. I, um. I just think that's awesome." He sheepishly looked down and mumbled, "I never thought the weird noise was her painting."

Unfortunately, Siho heard his last sentence, "Oh was it too loud? Sorry."

"Oh no, I'm just wondering what noise that was since it didn't sound like brushing paints on canvas, you know what I mean? And besides, the walls are very thin so I don't blame you," Sehun blabbered. Stop talking, Oh Sehun!

"Ah okay, that's because I wasn't using a brush. I use palette knives* and it's a different technique all together with-" Siho stopped her explanation when she saw the confused Sehun looking at her painting again.

Cute. Siho smiled slightly and stepped aside, "You know what, let me just show you."

Sehun snapped his head to Siho and frowned, "Are you sure? I don't want to intrude."

"It's fine. It's not like I have a deadline for it anyway," she waved her hands, gesturing him to come in.

Sehun took off his shoes and mumbled excuse me before entering. Siho took a diamond-looking blade and showed it to him. "This is palette knife. The blade is flexible for mixing or applying paints to canvas. The scrapping noise that you heard was me putting paints on the canvas," Siho explained. When she demonstrated it, it indeed produced the scratch sound Sehun often heard.

"What don't you use the brushes?" Sehun asked while looking around. He saw many paintings around the room, thinking that it almost looked like gallery storage.

Siho shrugged, playing with her painting palette. "I like the rough textures the knives produce, I guess? And it's harder to use the knives in some ways, so not many people do this, which kinda makes my paintings unique, don't you think?"

“I guess so. I know nothing about paintings, so I don’t really know. But I think your paintings are beautiful,” Sehun complimented and pointed the finished paintings.

“Do you sell these or are they school projects?” Sehun took the chance to know Siho more. Nice one Oh Seh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter