The Confirmation

Friendzoned

Jiyong’s POV

Dara is in high spirits lately, I guess it’s the Donghae effect. I am kind of in “low spirit” lately. I don’t know but I am kind of annoyed with Donghae. Geeeez... he’s been calling and texting Dara non-stop and it gets on my nerves when we are together and I have to repeat what I am saying because she is so distracted by this Donghae dude! 

 

What is happening to me? Is the magazine quiz results for real?! Am I whipped by this yeoja?! Nooooo waaaaaay! This is not good. Maybe I am just teeny tiny jealous as a friend because I get less of her time and attention lately. 

 

I saw Top hyung around the cafeteria and went to him to confirm the results of the quiz. I took a picture of it and send it to him. Eventhough Top hyung is weird, he is quite sensitive for a guy and is very in touch with his emotions so I thought I would seek advice from the eldest and hopefully the wisest. I am not sure about the latter but heck, let’s go for it.

 

”Top hyung, what do you think? Is it for real?! Should I believe the quiz? Am I in any danger of ruining my friendship with Dara?”

Top hyung is currently in deep thought, he closed his eyes put his chin-up. I have no idea why he’s doing that, but ok, I will wait ‘til he’s ready. 

...

...

...

...

...

He finally opened his eyes and spoke, “Is that bulgogi I am smelling?” 

 

I almost fell on the floor. What the ?! He’s really an alien afterall!

 

”Hyuuuuuung! Stop kidding around! I am serious here!”

 

He answered, “Ok, ok, I know exactly what your problem my friend, but let me get that bulgogi first or else Winner and Ikon will get here and we would lose our chance of tasting kogi, those guys are monster eaters!”

 

...and so I let him get what he wants and I patiently waited for him to comeback. 

...

...

...

He came back finally with almost all the dishes from the cafeteria and a mountain of bulgogi in his plate. You would have thought, is he a homeless guy who haven’t eaten for days?

 

So back to the topic, once he put down his plate, he faced me and I think he’s now ready to answer my earlier question.

 

”So Jiyong...what you are telling me is that you think you have feelings for Dara now, is that it?!” 

 

“Hyung, that’s what I’ve been asking you sinve like 30 mins. ago and that’s all you’ve got to say to me?” He is starting to irritate me now.

 

”Ok, ok, hold your horses. I am just confirming because you’ve been blabbering about Donghae, Dara and this stupid magazine quiz since 30 mins. ago but you are not really asking me directly the right question!”

 

“Are you afraid of asking the right question or hearing the right answer?” 

 

”I don’t know, hyung! You tell me! You’re the oldest and wisest one, right?! That’s why I came to you.”

 

“Ok, let me tell you this Jiyong, the fact that we are talking about this now instead of finishing this glistening bulgogi in front of us is really a big sign that you are WHIPPED man! The fact that you are in your lowest by consulting a girly magazine about your feelings is another proof that you are already sure you have feelings about her but you want to deny it, you were hoping this stupid magazine would tell you otherwise, because you’re afraid of losing her as a friend. The fact that you are talking to me about a girl is truly the most amazing thing that happened to me this year and I think it’s because you are now ready to be a “jedi”... I mean..to face your emotions and tell Dara how you really feel.”