Goodbye

(ChaSang) Runaways

It’s the middle of the night and every member of the idol group, VIXX was sound asleep in their respective rooms. The boys were tired from their schedules and endless promotions that they haven’t been able to get any proper rest. That night though, after their promotions had ended, they were sent directly home to get some rest. They all craved for as much sleep as they could because who knows just how long their peace will last.

Like all the other members who should be asleep, Cha Hakyeon, the leader of the group, should have been asleep as well. Except, he wasn’t.

He opened his doors from his room to see that all the lights were turned off in the hallways and all the younger members have already shut their doors for a good night’s rest. The usual Hakyeon would have been asleep as well and he would have been the first to hit his bed before anyone else but tonight, it was a bit different.

He slowly walked towards a certain room in the dark hallways. His visions were rather hazy has he tried to make sight of the darkness. Slowly and carefully, he reached for a door knob.

The doors creaked open.

He stared at the room shared by two members and looked to the bed on the right. It was empty.

Then, he glanced at the bed on the left and saw the youngest member sleeping soundly.

Hakyeon approached the occupied bed and sat on the side. He glanced down at the younger member and carefully the boy’s hair.

“Mmm?” the boy was a rather light sleeper and felt someone caressing his hair.

Hakyeon didn’t say a word and only continued to ruffle through the boy’s soft bed hair.

The younger, still half-asleep, opened one of his eyes to see Hakyeon sitting on his bed and playing with his hair.

“Hakyeon-hyung?” He asked just to make sure he wasn’t seeing things in the darkness.

“Hmm? Did I wake you up?” Hakyeon said in a soft lullabying tone.

“Why aren’t you asleep yet?” the younger asked.

“I just want to see if you were sleeping. Where’s Wonshikkie?”

“He’s with Ongdeongie tonight at the studio. Are you looking for him?” the younger, Hyuk, asked through his tired tone.

Hakyeon shook his head and continued to play with the younger’s hair.

That’s when Hyuk realized that something didn’t feel quite right. He looked at Hakyeon’s face and though he was really sleepy, he was awakened by the unsettling feeling he got from the leader.

“Hyung?”

“Hyogi-ah,” Hakyeon said with a soft yet seemingly sad tone.

“Yes?”

“Will you disappear with me?”

It took Hyuk a good long minute to make out what the older was proposing. Is Hakyeon joking around? Or is Hyuk just dreaming?

The younger slowly got up from his bed and sat straight up next to the leader. He his bed lamp a bit in order to see the older’s true facial expression.

“Hyung?” Hyuk was confused.

Hakyeon didn’t speak another word and simply looked at the younger directly in the eyes. Hyuk could feel it, that the older was not playing around.

He swallowed hard to think of an answer to the sudden proposal.

“Well?” Hakyeon finally said in order to confirm the younger’s answer.

“Yes,” Hyuk gave in.

 

~

The morning finally came and the sun slowly rose up into the sky. Though no one was willing to wake up to the birds chirping and morning calls from the streets below. It was finally their long awaited day off and everyone wanted to simply sleep in for a day, or even for the rest of the week since they knew very well that their break would be short lived.

After lazing around his bed and unwillingly got up from his alarm clock, Hongbin rolled out of his bed and gave out a long waking stretch. He sat up and grabbed his phone to see if there were any messages to catch up on or if anyone woke up earlier than he did. It was just his morning routine to make sure he check all his messages or any miss calls throughout the night and luckily, there wasn’t any. He headed out into the hallways for the bathroom in order to wash his face and brush his teeth. After a good morning clean up, he was fully awake. He went straight into the kitchen after washing up to see if there were anything written on the whiteboard or calendar placed up on their fridge.

Nothing.

He sighed a relief knowing that he truly had a day off, all to himself.

He opened up the cabinets for cereal and the fridge for some milk. He poured himself a glass of orange juice and placed a few slices of bread into the toaster. He prepared a simple and easy breakfast for himself despite not really knowing how to cook. It was alright as long as he didn’t have to turn on the stove anyways. He sat around the table and scrolled through his phone while eating his breakfast.

Then, someone else came out of their room and saw Hongbin eating alone.

“Morning,” Jaehwan yawned and scratching his morning tummy to wake up.

“Morning hyung,” Hongbin greeted.

“You’re the only one awake?”

“Seems like it.”

“Any plans for today?” the older asked.

“Not yet. I’m just texting Gongchan if he wanted to hang out or play some Overwatch with me tonight.”

“Sounds fun. I’m going to wash up. Can you grab me a bowl of cereal too?”

“Sure!”

Jaehwan went to the bathroom for his turn to wash up and Hongbin obediently helped the older prepare another simple breakfast.

As Jaehwan was using the washroom, another member woke up and realized how late he was in waking up compared to the younger members.

The older of the two main vocalists went into their second bathroom to get ready too.

Jaehwan and Hongbin sat down together to finish their cereal while Taekwoon started turning on the stove unlike the younger ones.

“What are you making?” Jaehwan asked excitedly since no one in the group knew how to cook except Taekwoon and sometimes their leader, Hakyeon.

“Scrambled eggs. What some?” Taekwoon offered.

“Sure!” Hongbin and Jaehwan both nodded.

“Where’s Hakyeon?” Taekwoon asked.

“Probably still asleep.”

“He’s usually the first one to wake up though,” Taekwoon noted.

“Who knows~ he’s getting old so he probably needs more sleep now,” Hongbin joked while munching through the scrambled eggs that Taekwoon prepared for him.

“I’m going to go wake him up. He’ll be even more tired if he oversleeps.”

Taekwoon turned off the stove and set aside some extra eggs and breakfast for the members who were probably still asleep.

He knocked on Hakyeon’s door gently.

“Hakyeon-ah? Are you awake yet?” Taekwoon shouted through the door.

There was no answer.

Taekwoon thought the older simply didn’t hear his quiet voice so he gave it another try.

“Hakyeon? It’s time to wake up,” Taekwoon shouted once more but this time, he decided to go in the room to wake the leader up instead.

But the doors were locked.

“That’s weird, Hakyeon never locks his doors.”

He turned the knobs once, twice, and another time to make sure he wasn’t hallucinating with the fact that the doors were indeed locked.

Taekwoon went back into the kitchen.

“Hakyeon didn’t answer me. Are you sure he didn’t already wake up?” Taekwoon asked.

“I’m pretty sure,” Hongbin told the older.

“But his doors are locked and we all know he rarely locks them.”

“That’s weird.”

Hongbin got a bit worried and decided to go wake Hakyeon up with Taekwoon as well.

“Hyung! Wake up!” Hongbin shouted louder than Taekwoon could through the doors.

Then, they started to get worried. There was no reply and the doors were locked.

“Guys!” Jaehwan came shouting at them.

“What is it?” Taekwoon asked.

“Hyuk isn’t in his room.”

“What?”

The three of them went into Hyuk and Wonshik’s room in order to confirm and indeed, the youngest wasn’t there. His bed was neatly folded as if Hyuk was awake long time ago.

“That’s weird, I don’t remember him saying he needs to go anywhere today. Especially this early,” Hongbin told the other two.

“And Hakyeon isn’t in his room either it seems,” Taekwoon began to feel worried and took out his phone.

He decided to call Wonshik.

“Morning hyung, what is it?” the rapper sounded rather tired as if he pulled another all-nighter.

“Have you seen or heard anything from Hakyeon or Hyuk?” Taekwoon asked over the phone.

“Huh? No. Why?”

“Hyuk isn’t in his room and Hakyeon isn’t answering but his door is locked.”

“Locked? Why would he lock them?” Wonshik got confused since everyone knew that Hakyeon would never lock his door so that any of the members could visit him at any time.

Hongbin exited the room and went into their living room to rummage through a drawer. He found the spare keys to all their individual rooms just in case someone locks themselves out.

The younger used Hakyeon’s spare keys and opened the door to the room.

The lights were still off and the black curtains simply made the room look even darker. Taekwoon reached for the lights and saw that no one was sleeping in the bed. The sheets were tidy and it seems like Hakyeon recently cleaned his room too. Everything was put in place and organized in a uniformed manner.

“Where do you think hyung could be?” Hongbin wondered.

Just then, Jaehwan saw something on the desk. A note.

He picked up to see what it was and in an instant, his eyes widen.

“Guys!” He started to panic.

Both Hongbin and Taekwoon rushed to Jaehwan to see what it was.

[ Goodbye. Sorry but don’t look for us.]

“U-us?” Jaehwan’s voice quivered.

That’s when the members realized it. That not only was Hakyeon gone but he took the youngest, Han Sanghyuk, with him as well.